If you won the lottery?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I mean, like say they jackpot was up in the hundreds of millions and you won, what would you do?

We were talking about this today, and I think I would take the "Office Space" route and suck really bad at my job just to see how long it would take to get fired.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'd go to school for the rest of my life, and earn has many degrees possible.

Invest most of it so I'd have a continous income that would replace any $100,000 a year job that I could find.

Finally, buy the Gold Club here in BR.

Oh, and build my folks a nice big house hire a ground crew and maids for them.

3. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i think i would go the office space route as well

two chicks at the same time

4. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I would find the best cat builder in the world and have a car designed to my tastes. I would also buy one of the Lexus "Minority Report" concept cars!

and then donate 10 million to cancer research. Take care of my family. and just live happily!

5. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

I'd buy the Abita brewery....ok almost any brewery

6. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I've actually thought about this a lot. I place the British Lottery and the Euromillions online fairly regularly, a semi serious lifeplan of mine being to win and live off it.

If I was to win the jackpot I would seriously start a site called 'HowtospendXmillionpounds.com' the X being the amount obviously, and it would be filled with my undoubted drunken exploits and the like, detailing my personal use of the money and asking for the publics ideas on how to spend so much money and what to do with it, some of which would be followed.

On a practical level, beyond that, a portion would go to charity, another to my family and maybe friends, and a portion would be invested across a number of funds and risk levels....

7. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

If I hit a jackpot so big that I never had to worry about working for my entire life I would stay in school, but only take two classes each semester so I never feel swamped with work to do, and just do that for however long I felt like it until I decide I want to retire. At that point I'd buy myself a nice fishing boat and do a lot of fishing, as well as a bad ass RV to travel the country.

8. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'd by cars for both my parents- One for Dad to replace the one I totaled, and one for Mom because she's always told me what her dream car is.

Then I'd buy out the local comic book store and expand it.

I'd also bring a restaurant franchise to this town that I've been trying to plan for a long time.

9. FallenWarrior10

FallenWarrior10 Crazed clown!

I would NOT tell anyone outside of my immediate family(and only then the most trustworthy ones) that I had won. It's amazing how many long lost relatives pop out of the woodworks when someone makes it big at the lotto.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I would hire some local goons to jump Razerwire on the street and work him over because he has threatened to cut me twice so far this week.

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

get the g/f (who i want to be the wife eventually) to sign a PRENUP.

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wouldn't have to cut you if you didn't deserve to be cut! :p 

If I won the lottery? Take care of the family with whatever they need, i.e. housing/cars/etc. Then invest the rest in stuff that will keep the money turning.

And then travel the world on a whim. Starting with a visit to every baseball stadium in the MLB.

13. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    If I won the lottery I would first give 10% to my church with some notes stating the Video Team gets enough for new equipmnet. Then I would donate some to inner-city programs. With the rest, give some to my family and in-laws then invest the rest. Probably will train in martial arts and take photography lessons. Travel is also something I always wanted to do. Would love to visit Australia and England.

14. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I have actually thought about this a lot. It depends on how much I actually win, like if it was 500 million, for arguments sake, I would quit my job. Although I really do like my job a lot, so it would be hard to leave, but I would never get to travel as much as I would want to with that kind of money on 2 weeks a year vacation leave.

First off, I would never tell anyone besides immediate family. Parents, sister and brother in law, and my wifes parents. No one else. Then I'd start small. Pay off our debt, upgrade our cars, help out family members, make my father retire. Then I'd move up to buying a house, furnish it, and buy a corvette for myself. Then travel. Then I'd get into buying vacation homes all around the world. Everything after that would be whatever.

15. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Aside from the requisite paying off of debts, house, student loans? Buy my company and fire everyone. Or at least all of the idiots. And slowly, because if they all got fired at once, they'd likely just form a new company. And I don't want to bring that scourge to the face of the earth...

16. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh I forgot the most important thing: hire a lawyer. Just in case someone tries to take a piece of the pie that doesn't deserve it.

17. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Buy some new trucks for the business, buy me a new truck, customize the hell out of it.

Now why not just retire?

Well, I like our business, and you can never make too much money.

18. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

this is something that me and my wife have talked about. first things first, i'd buy myself a house. nothing too extravagent, just enough to live in for the rest of our lives.a new van for my wife. a sports car, and a hybrid car for myself. set up trust funds for both of my little girls. my parrents would have their house paied off, and i'm sure more but just for arguments sake. my father in-law would have a brand new ford F-150 lightning. mother in-law would have her house paied off. bro in-law, depending on how he acts before we win he might get something. sis in-law would have a VW bettle (dispite my better judgement of how crappy VW's are.....) and probebly a house. then we would give enough to our current church for them to have the new facility they want and much, much more. then donate random ammounts to many different churches around the world/state. then my few close friends would get something, some may get cars, or houses or whatever i feel they diserve for being faithfull friends. then i'd finish my computer engineering degree and open my own comp repair shop (i'd go crazy sitting at home with nothing to do).

19. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Move to Florida, get my own place, maybe a nice condo over looking the gulf. On a top level with hurricane doors to protect my art. Bring my kids (aka pets). Get a new VW Beetle 8)~... Go back to my college (Ringling School of Art and Design, I had to drop out because it was too expensive, it's in Sarasota Florida.) and get a degree in Illustration and 3D Animation (and take as many classes in Traditional animation as humanly possible.)
    Then start making my project as a animated series and graphic novel side series. Bribe Adler, Cullen, Welker, Harnell, and other well known VAs to help me with the voices, hell, with that kind of money. I'm sure I could.
    Whatever I didn't need, I'd donate towards helping the good old Chesapeake Bay and SPCA.
    I know I could probably live comfortably with OUT a job or college if I got that kind of money, seriously, I'd kill to be able to afford that college or Calarts without a nasty loan payment waiting for me after I walked across the stage.. whether or not I had a job in the field or was doing what I'm doing now.

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

1 - pay off loans
    2 - Buy house
    3 - buy Ferrari or Diablo
    4 - Buy dad Pontiac Solstice
    5 - Get my name added to VIPs at the Playboy mansion