If you were in charge.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In charge of who? Hasbro? Takara? Both?

Anyway, what I'd want is probably not what works from a commercial standpoint.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree with you on this and I would love to see a reissue of the G1 Dinobots!

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Great thread, Ruination! In no particular order, this is what I would do if I could:

- Turn the 6" Titaniums exclusively into the War Within line, and ensure that each figure was developed exactly as Don F. designed them (ie: WW Megs would have his sword, the Seekers would each have unique molds, etc). Also make sure that the unused designs for Shockwave & Soundwave were absolutely made into figures as well.

- Finish the 6" Titaniums that are TF:TM/Season 3 characters, specifically making sure to release Galvatron, Cyclonus, Kup, Blurr & Springer... and maybe even add a 3-pack of variant Sweeps. After those were done, no more G1 characters since they would be better suited as Classics.

- Finish the remaining key Autobot character Alternators such as Brawn, Cliffjumper, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Red Alert, Ratchet, Trailbreaker and maybe even Hoist, Gears & Huffer. If possible, license larger vehicles so as to make Inferno & Grapple as well to round things out. I'd also make a point of not releasing any more new or unknown characters or more Decepticons.

- Outlaw further Prime molds being painted white and passed off as Ultra Magnus, and fire anyone who even suggests making another Nemesis Prime.

- Greenlight the release of all the main Season 1/2/3 G1 characters as Classics, with the exception of city bots like Metroplex, Trypticon & Fort Max.

- Re-release a special edition of Classics Megatron in G1 colors with detachable "wings" - maybe along with a trailer for Prime.

- Remold Cliffjumper's head, give him a gun, and re-release him in a 2-pack with Cosmos.

- Release the rest of the Classics Dinobots.

- Reissue Classics Constructicons as a proper 6-character team that resemble their G1 versions and merge into something that doesn't look like plastic pile of nothing.

- Reissue Classics Ultra Magnus in a larger plastic version of his Titanium version, with all the necessary tweaks to make it a better figure overall.

- Make a 5 piece boxset of entirely new Classics Seeker designs & characters.

- Release the remaining G1 cassettes for the Soundwave reissue.

- Release MP Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker in proper G1 colors.

- Reissue G1 Shockwave, Jetfire, the Dinobots and Omega Supreme.

- Cease releasing anything that has to do with RiD, Energon, Armada, Cybertron, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, etc.

Off the top of my head :) 

4. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amen! and continue the THS line using G1 as model/basis.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I would take the whole Transformers franchise and shut it down.

Then my own G1 collection value will skyrocket, and then I'll make loadsa money selling it all!

Then, I'll revive Transformers, and with the money I got selling my collection I'll play the stockmarket on Hasbro and make meeeeeeeeelions. (Insider trading you say? Only if they catch me!)

*runs away to a sunny climate country, never to heard from again*

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If I was incharge of Hasbro This is what i would do....

Make a Re-release of Botcon Thundercacker,Sideswipe,Ironhide and Ratchet for the Classics Line,I soo want Them....

Release RID Fotress maximus for RID 10th Aniversery...

Create new Simmialir Molds,For The RID Car Brothers......

Make a Reissue of Alt.Hound....

Have" Botcon" Sideswipe placed with a Classics Hot Rod's Head...

Make an Alpha Trion Toy.....

That's all i got.:) 

7. murphbri

murphbri Well-Known Member

If I was in charge of TFs...

I would do whatever it took to eliminate the QC problems.

I opened my classics Ramjet yesterday to compare the paint apps with Botcon Dirge. There were white paint streaks on the cockpit, a blob of brown paint on one of the grey fins, and worst of all the grey waist was scuffed/scratched all to f*ck with black marks...it looked like a badly used toy right out of the package!:mad 

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I would continue with the reissues line but mass market them instead of keeping them as exclusives. This way we get more chances of getting them and at a cheaper price. Have 3 released every wave and have 1 combiner set a year which would be exclusive to walmart or target. I would do the same with the larger toys, like metroplex, trypticon, and Fort Max.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Sigh...my never realized plans for Alternators.

Complete the 84-85 line up
    1:32 scale of most minibots
    Include triple-changers
    Release Mp-03 seekers at a $40 price point.
    $50 Leader class featuring Tank Megatron, and Mp-04 All plastic Optimus Prime

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd just keep Classics going...everything else is perfect, there's something for everyone already.

11. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Continue Classics for a while only repainting molds into characters that were a repaint/remold of the original mold in G1.

Then I would create a new storyline based in the future the story will be explained more than it was in G1 and Beast wars.

-Megatron was ''killed'' by Optimus Prime in a battle when Megatron tried to steal the map to the Oracle. Megatrons power was like a god.

-The Decepticons force the Autobots to evacuate Cybertron and they arrive on Earth. (thousands of Autobots were killed by Megatron before Megatron himself was ''killed.'')

-The Autobots are losing the war even though Megatron has been ''eliminated''.
    Second in command Shockwave has taken role as leader. (Starscream plots to overthrough Shockwave.)

-The Autobots cannot speak English/Other when they first arrive on earth. They insert a chip of some sort that enables them to speak any language they hear.

-This is based in the future so the humans have good technology. The humans team with the Autobots to fight the Decepitcons off. The humans create Omnicons (simple minded TFs like in Beast Machines).

-Megatron comes back to life he knows where the map is, it is on Earth. Megatron believes he is a god because he survived death and names himself Lord Megatron (this is not a upgrade is strength but his mind has expanded and his logic cannot be argued with).

and so on.............

The TFs will be movie styled.

12. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    didnt read correctly

13. a person

News Credits:
    Whoops sorry :cry 

14. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    no no no, I edited my post to say that because I didnt read the topic correctly.

15. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    :thumb 

16. a person

News Credits:
    Oh.... anyway I read it wrong I thought it meant creating a new line/show for TFs

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

no more classics, no more reissues, more cybertron style toys! :lol  in my opinion they are the best out there right now. :) 

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Finish all Transformer characters as Classics

Fire guy who suggested Thundercracker as a Botcon exclusive. If not in my company buy out his company then fire him.

Buyout DW and fire guy who made the Transformers (except for Optimus Prime) ugly for the movie.

Donate stock to TransformerWorld 2005 for having so many awesome updates I really appreciate it guys :thumb 

Build "Wheelie Bomb" toy which is basically a Wheelie that you blow up. It will be his only Classics figure.

Finally give "Wheelie Bomb" toy to everyone who posts on this thread.

19. a person

News Credits:
    I think a Wheelie could be a good Classics character if done correctly.