If you were in charge.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what TF lines would you continue? Which would you not do??? What figures would be made??

I damn sure would continue Classics after the movie and Botcon wouldn't be getting those particular characters. I'd make a Hybrid style G1 Megatron. Wouldn't have done the cat-ernator....Several different characters woulda had Alts before some of the ones we got.....
    Joe vs TF toys........
    Make 6" Tits a fully-fledged WWI line.

What would be perfect for you?

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Dinobot re-issues!

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Continue the Classics line to completely cover the 1984-1985 line.

4. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

These types of threads are always fun.
    I would keep the Classics going, and get the full Autobot Cars and Seekers out of the way, as well as movie era figures, and add on to them with repaints as new characters, like the ehobby reissues, and because everyone loves repaints.
    But that's mainly because I hate how my tf movie era figures look out of place with my Autobot cars.
    lol.

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Classics
    Universe Seacons
    Reissue more Combiners & guys from Gen. 2 (like the Dinobots)
    Make more movie styled original characters
    Make more protoform characters
    Generation One style "movie authentic figures"
    And finally...
    Market the Worlds Smallest Transformers under the Micro Machines line along with playsets of the hoover dam, the ark, the nemesis, and cybertron.

6. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Market the movie line as the new series, make it last 2 -3 years. New characters, no G1 characters. All new. Need some new blood in this series.

7. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i would stop making every damn galvatron/ultra magnus a repaint of megatron/optimus prime. thats what i'd do.

also, I'd seperate the japanese and american lines. I'd try to get hasbro to start dictating what figures they stateside fans want released/ listen to the fandom alot more. and i'd make botcon exclusives alot cheaper to get.

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd get the rights to make a Transmorphers line.

9. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Like others have said:

I'd continue classics. Re-do the whole damn original line. Bring in original combiners (not the Energon repaints). Classics Headmasters? Classics City/Base-Bots? Yes please!

I'd also continue Alternators. IMHO, one of the best lines to come out of TF's. Give some of the missing classic charaters some love here. Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, etc.

Oh and reissues: D-I-N-O-B-O-T-S! That is all.

Thanks.

10. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Get rid of all these silly car and bus and truckformers and bring back beast wars.

Nya!

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ABSOLUTELY. No more homages/redos/rehashes/revamps.

No more Classics or antiquated concepts (Unicron)... just new characters & new ideas. Exactly like what the movie is doing.

12. Rodimus Major

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, with all new characters like Optimus Prime, Starscream, Megatron, Bumblebee, the Witwickys, Ironhide, Ratchet..no homages there! :wink: 

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - End Classics and place a moratorium on G1 rehashes and homages in the main line; no more using the same characters and aesthetics over and over again (this includes repainting Starscream as Skywarp/Thundercracker or Megatron as Galvatron). Continue to re-use names to retain trademarks, but alter the characters.

- Release Classics Dirge (Ramjet repaint), Thundercracker and Thrust (Ramjet repaint with remolded wings) as a store-exclusive three-pack. I wouldn't mind seeing the figures out there, but there's no way enough of the general public would purchase them to justify releasing all three figures separately. If unable to get a retail store to sign on, make them an HTS exclusive.

- Continue the movie aesthetic and designs as the main line. Use the movie designs as the basis for the next (CGI) animated series.

- Place Alternators on temporary hiatus. Use the success of the movie to bring in additional licensed vehicle likenesses, with a focus on trucks, vans and other vehicles different from the cars that made up most of the line. Have the engineering team design some more creative transformation schemes, as well as working on the logistics of a gestalt. When Alternators return, release one wave every four months, consisting of one Autobot and one Decepticon; possibly as store exclusives.

- Continue the Hasbro reissues line, as a TRU exclusive, but with some changes. One wave would be released every four months, consisting of one Autobot and one Decepticon, with a rule that no mold could be used twice in one year. Steps would be taken to increase the 'value' of each figure (like how Soundwave came with 2 Cassetticons), such as by releasing an Insecticon three-pack as one Decepticon figure or by using Cassette figures/Minibots as pack-ins.

- Repurpose the 6" Titaniums as 'transformable statues'. Increase the amount of diecast, significantly improve the engineering (to bear the weight of the diecast), increase the amount of accessories each figure has, etc. Increase the price enough to offset these changes and sell them as online exclusives and through hobby/comic shops.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you can get the spirit behind my words, though. Ironhide isn't exactly a red van.
    :) 

EDIT: And everything Scantron said = WIN.

15. Deathbringer

Deathbringer Banned

Alternators version of Devastator (six individual alternators that combine), and alternators Megatron.

16. Rodimus Major

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seconded

17. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    For the win!

Close second (photo finish)

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    more classics. more reissues. plushies and other non-action figure stuff. more alts.

19. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    I'd do loads more reissues (in G1 style packaging!!) and show accurate BW statues (in the vein of the Rhinox one) and masterpieces.

20. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I thought cybertron was great, I bought the entire line almost (all the ones I could find, I never did get the first scourge)

I was dissapointed that line ended when it did, the repaints were even really nice! I got all them as well.