If you were a Decepticon in TF Prime, how would you defeat Optimus and his crew?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Flashdisk, Feb 10, 2011.

1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my mind, defeating the Autobots =/= occupying Earth. If the Autobot threat can be eliminated as a significant concern without a planetary occupation, then why bother? It's not like the Decepticons have any particular love for Earth, as Pravus Prime pointed out in G1 Megatron tried to wipe the Earth out.

Well to answer that...

... I'm thinking yes, or we're acting as an unnamed general on behalf of Megatron.

2. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

Its getting ruddy intriguing and in true Decepticon fashion id screw each and every one of you over....

*Points thumb at himself Starscream style and saids*

"AND APPOINT MYSELF THE NEW LEADER!"

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm going to use an example I'd rather not, but it's the most apt example as it's the only such occurance in recent times. The attacks on 9/11.

After the first plane hit the tower, it took 3 minutes before the New York TV news started relaying the story and they were broadcasting live at the time. 7 minutes after the attack they had figured out via eyewitness reports that it was a plane that hit the building. 15 minutes after the attack the President of the USA was notified of what was going on.

Given that each of my attacks are only 5-10 minutes in length (or shorter, it's until they achieve their individual objectives; they aren't allowed to spend more then 10 minutes unless they are still unopposed and they are only seconds away from achieving their objective, otherwise they bug out with their objectives unaccomlished), you are repeatedly assuming that the word will spread, the autobots will calibrate the groundbridge (remember, it's one thing to jump to a gulley in Nevada, a glacier in the artic, and even empty space, it's quite another to go to a very densely populated city, they have to avoid buildings, traffic of every nature, and lots of other unknown elements and be extremely precise with where it opens up, or else they'd just be adding to the disaster; alternatively if they appear outside of town, then there's traffic that they've got to worry about. For example in Pittsburg arriving outside of the city proper means it'll be 25 minutes at best before they can get in), get to the location of the battle, and actually fight and win against the drones to make any difference.

You really think the Autobots are going be able to learn of the assault (remember, that something is happening isn't good enough, it's got to be an Autobot(Decepticon) assault for them to act, decide who goes, and calculate the best co-ordinates to Groundbridge, and then get there in less then 5 minutes when it took 15 minutes for the President of the USA to learn of an attack on American soil in one of the biggest cities in the USA during said cities national news broadcast? That was in one of the largest and most connected cities in the world. How much longer will it take for news to reach the Autobots about attacks in Beijing, Moscow, Saint Louis, or Portland Oregon?

At these tourist attractions it'll probably be difficult for some of the Eradicon/Terrorcons to not hit a person as they shoot, but even so, it doesn't matter. People they miss will be telling terrified stories on the news about what they saw and heard, which is the ultimate point of the accounts. 5 minutes in a crowded citycenter shooting as fast as they can is a long time and they are bound to hit just one person, and that's all is needed.

Also bear in mind that these are joe nobodies, so they don't have Plot Armor like Raf and Jack have. They'll hit at least one person before they bug out. Terror is the objective, not wiping out humanity; if there are no survivors, then there's no one to be telling the story to everyone who will listen about the horrible giant robots who kept saying Autobots and shooting death rays at them.

Even if the Autobots manage to somehow arrive and force an earlier retreat, do you really think anyone would want the Autobots around helping? I don't doubt that they'd offer, but after what happened, who would actually want these giant killer alien robots around them?

Wow. Just wow.

I think there's a miscommunication here. Are you saying the footage would be broadcast or shown to the President and other world leaders?

If it's the latter, then yes, it would be analyzed to death before the President even saw it. Where it came from, how reliable, the entire trail of veracity would be wrung out of every morsel of it. Because that's how it works in the real world. Same with any other world leader.

I think we're rapidly aproaching an impasse. Until we see otherwise I'm thinking this can't have much more life to it.

You're operating on the predacation that the Autobots have completely won over Fowler, the military will do whatever Fowler says, and the President will act on whatever the military says, so regardless of what happens, the USA and the Autobots are a single cohesive force. You also seem to be arguing that they will have razor sharp reaction times almost bordering on clairvoyance at times to be able to really respond to what I'm doing and the speed at which I'm doing it.

I'm operating on the predacation that the Autobots have contact with Fowler, who is the handler for the Autobots, but if the situation gets FUBAR the military can disown him and if not, will do as he requests to a limit. Regardless of that, the President is an independant operator who will act accordingly as to his own decisions as he sees fit for the welfare of his people (You think there won't be congressmen screaming for action in rounding up and handing every Autobot to the Decepticons?). Therefore, the Autobots and the USA are in an alliance of convenience. I'm further arguing that this crew will be very hard pressed to even react in a timely manner to anything I'm doing until it's too late; they'll feel like they're being stretched in every direction beyond the breaking point.

Again, you really think things will go well if the USA starts playing the military force card? The second that happens it will be clear to the people of the USA and to the rest of the world that the Government is a puppet of the Autobots, nothing else could possibly explain why in the light of a conflict like this the US government would be so adamant that the Autobots are the good guys in light of recent events that they'd be willing to use their military might to try to force the situation in their favor. That act would cause WWIII.

They may have half, but Eurasia's got the other half.

I don't think we've seen enough of Soundwave to know anything about his character really. He was barely in Exodus and he hasn't had a single line of dialogue in Prime. All we know about his personality is that he's loyal to Megatron.

Also, again, considering that I'm the one who designed most of Megatrons body, I'm one of the very few who can actually repair him, and I do intend to repair him. Quid Pro Quo and all that.

I'd argue this point, but really it just boils down to how they feel, which we really can't say how loyal they are and how patient they are. Remember after three years Starscream mined some Energon. We are an immortal race who have been fighting for millenia. Waiting a few years to let the seeds we sowed tear the Earth and the Autobots to shreds while we move on to say, Gorlam Prime to destroy Ultra Magnus and his crew and plundar Gorlam Prime in the mean time may also win several over. After all, it would be Starscream/Megatrons forces, my forces, and whomever is commanding there all on Magnus at once.

I think this version of Starscream is far more patient then all the others, unless everyone (and I do mean everyone) is against me, he's not likely to open revolt. He'd bide his time until he can make one swift and deadly stroke with no chance for failure before he moves.

Actually it's fairly complicated (Shock!) but it's all a tier play by play depending on the measure of success I have with my plan and when I feel it's time to cut Starscream out.

Methods range from getting Prime to do it, to setting him up to being caught trying to offline Megatron in sickbay, to being on his own cruiser when it explodes, to plain old shooting him in the back of the head as I arrive for an update, etc.

Good to hear, I was afraid we were starting to have our own dialogue which everyone else was just rolling their eyes and scrolling past.

4. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

5. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Eat the planet. :D 

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Yes, Yes, it takes time to be noticed, I got it.

You missed my point, actually, I didn't mean on the FIRST attack, but AFTER the first attack, they will get information, calibrate the ground bridge and split to defend the cities.

Well, given that Fowler's JOB is to handle Cybertronian matters on earth, isn't that much of a strecth to believe that he would learn quickly, and then IMMEDIATELY warn the Autobots.

Also, Ratchet's job is to watch for Decepticon Activity, if he could even watch a space battle from distance, what's a bunch of Drones crossing the entire American territory freely?

Still, I hardly think that in ten minutes all possible witness would disappear from sight to never notice THE GIANT GREEN PORTAL being opened and other robots killing the evil ones.

Yes, I've got that time, but read my previous statement: SOMEONE would ntoice other robots coming to rescue, even more so if the attack is caused within ten minutes.

On the aim fact, they didn't hit Optimus and his fellows either.

If Robots are wrecking a havoc on the city, they are evil and must be destroyed.
    If OTHER Robots come, start to stop these other robots quickly, even sacrificing themselves to do it [like, jumping in front of a random shot, for example], warning people to seek shelter, etcetera.. they are also seen as evil...Whatehell?

Also, in that time, people wouldn't know about their nature, people would probably think that they were robots grom the government, for example. [as the idea that aliens are robots would be seen as stupid for a common person]And think that the True Autobots are there to stop the Evil Autobots.

...What did I say? I was making a joke..

Both President/World Leaders and normal people [exactly like you did].

Yes, yes, perfectly aware of it.

I'm sorry but it's just that...Fowler has been TRAINED to do that, in any conceivable way on earth they have an emergency protocol to situation like you described, protocols that would be executes quickly, as this is not only a country problem, but a world-wide problem, they must act fast as hell or else they will be doomed.

Yes, I got that you think that, and I know that people will be nervous and all, but as you said, we don't know much about Fowler's rank, he may be a renegade, he may be the main chief of the whole Pentagon, it's better to left the "Fowler-involved" arguments ambiguous, as you well said.

I am not saying they will play that card, I'm saying that every country in the world knows how powerful the USA is, the USA doesn't NEED to point out the "military force card", everyone knows pretty well what the USA is capable of, that's the point.

Also, even if I'm wrong on my previous point: NO ONE would jump into the WWIII in weeks, the first two World Wars caused way too much amount victims [thousands of victims] the second gave us a horrible massacre on Iwo Jima, every country in the world would think a LOT before triggering a conflict that can wipe the life out of the planet.

Yeah, but still..too risky.

And that he doesn't trust anyone except Megatron.

Seeing as Megatron is being able to recover pretty well [apparently], I don't think he needs you.

We don't know how many years the Drones have, judging by the events in Prime, they seem to have been created in the three years between Megatron's travel to space and his return [as Arcee was surprised when one of them was completely unharmed by a couple of punchs of her, also, they weren't seen in WFC and Exodus, so...], and even if we don't count the years, they are quite easy to get a weak trust [Starscream came to command, even though he is the current second in command to Megatron who acquired a hell load of Energon and even killed Cliffjumper, everyone doubted he could be a good leader].

Still, the way wouldn't leave everyone pleased, some would be angry, it all depends on how many.

We all know that he loves leadership, with Megatron out, he is his true heir [according to him, anyway], when suddenly a scheming Decepticon comes out of the nowhere and starts to execute awesome plans and take his place as a leader, he wouldn't be pleased [if everyone hates you, he would trigger a rebellion, if everyone likes you, he would give far more emphasis on the flaws and mistakes on your plan, showing this to the Drones, trying to make your image worse].

I see.

Me too, haha.

But Pravus, don't you think that this could give a pretty good plot to Prime? Seriously, just imagine how incredible would be a World War in a Transformers series [well, not necessairly named as a world war to avoid controversies, but you got my point].

This could be the plot of an entire season.

7. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Which cities? There are no duplicate attacks, every attack is a single target, hit and run style. Ranging from a tiny city in South Dakota to upper Manhattan. Especially after the initial assaults, the only point of later attacks is to further fuel paranoia. Towards the end there would be dozens of reports from jumpy people calling about a shiny new sports car with an out of state license plate as being a Decepticon preparing to attack.

Once he finds that they are the Decepticons, absolutely. It's just that it's going to take time for them to figure out that there is a Decepticon attack and relay it to the Autobots. Then later the robots in disguise part is going to make it a nightmare to filter out which attacks are real and which are the ones are just panicky people. Every fire, every custom sportscar, all get called in.

Ratchet (unless I missed it), was getting a comm feed from the Autobots, just like he monitors their bio-signals. He very clearly in his tracking Cliffjumpers signal that he was not picking up Eradicon/Terrorcon drones or Starscream and Soundwave, yet had an exact fix on Cliffjumpers position in the same room on the cruiser.

That's part of life sucking for the hero. Heck, in Animated, a series in which the premiere episode had Optimus being heralded as heroes of the city and given the key to said city later had humans scared and fleeing when they saw him much later in the season after the Decepticons attacked.

That there was a Decepticon assault is enough, that it's layered with the Autobot insignia on the attackers and that they refer to themselves as such is only icing on the cake.

Much like the Fowler situation, we have no idea what kind of protocols are in effect or how global the response situation is.

And when the USA tells the rest of the world that the Autobots are the good guys and they've been sheltering them for years as proof, the US is going to be seen as being completely compromised and in a foothold situation.

Actually that's debatable. Megatron didn't trust Soundwave for similar reasons to his distrust of Shockwave, that eventually Soundwave will no longer need Megatron to be a leader and figurehead for the Decepticon cause. Plus if Soundwave knew that Megatron didn't like him or his ever present spying minicons probably wouldn't have helped either.

After we see what kind of psychotic mess he is when he awakens, I'll wait on this point.

He would be questioning and he would definately be chaffed, but I think even he would know that if he spent too long chastizing when things are successful won't endear him to me or our forces. It's either when things hit a roadblock or when the situation nears or is resolved that he'd make his move.

No, this would be an awesome plot to an entirely original series. Preferably a comic where all the necessities of a kids TV show wouldn't be included. It could be complex, dark, and with effects and a large cast that Prime simply can't do yet from a budget perspective. Plus, if the rumors are true, Prime is going to go into a Unicron storyarc which a story with this kind of setup must not venture into.

Essentially this is a story about socio-political manuevering where most of the battle is one of propaganda and politics with very brief military engagements as an act of deception in which there is no such thing as a status quo. In other words, it would bore kids and when/if the Decepticons won and most of the Autobots are killed, most kids wouldn't like it at all. Plus it could continue into new and bizarre plot developments that continue to constantly change the status quo in twisted ways.

8. Overlord Balder

I meant they know about after the drones wreack a havoc on South Dakota, then they prevent the attack on upper Manhattan [by Fowler, Raf seeing a Decepticon, Ratchet hearing about stuff, etcetera] got the point?

That's what it seems, but still sounds weird that only picking their life signal he is able to tell that there is a Space Bridge there, where Starscream ship is and even how to destroy the Space Bridge.

I know, my point is that there would be SOMEONE there to watch they and consider them good guys.

It all depends on how many.

The Problem is: Who is going to listen to them while they're shooting? Even so, they will think "what the hell is an Autobot", even the ones close enough to hear will be shot straight into the face, so...

Indeed, but my theory is that we can have a protocol similar to my plan on action in this conversation to counter plans like yours.

Thus, a "Cold War"-esque situation: the ones that started to hate the USA for that would gather allies, the ones that still are allied with the USA would join it, creating a world tension, but ONLY triggering a world after after quite some political game.

Megatron didn't like Soundwave? Where was that stated? [In WFC Soundwave and Shockwave are the only Decepticons who Megatron respects when talking to, and in Prime Soundwave is always following Megatron's command, there is no reason to hate the guy].

Only Starscream saw the Bad Shit Crazy Megatron, Soundwave's deployer wasn't able to see it [cue Starscream saying that he is barely alive and take him to the sick bay while he hides a big chunk of Dark Energon behind his back]

I still hold my point: He would try to convice the Drones that you are a horrible leader and that you must be stopped before you destroy the entire Decepticon Army in such madness of yours.

Of course, he would try to execute this without your realization [or Soundwave's, probably].

Then, at a breaking point of your plan, he would finally backstab you [don't ask me at WHAT breaking point, I have no clue, he might execute this at the propaganda part, he might execute this on the meantime before WWIII and your leaving from Earth, he might execute this in the drone part, it depends if he's in the mood and how patience he has with you, considering Shockwave and Starscream are both Megatron "second-in-command", I wouldn't count with much patience].

Well, Prime is already kind of dark [come on, they sent Cliffjumper to die within four minutes, Starscream mercilessly "killed" Megatron again, and etcetera].

Well, seeing by that way, it could be a good sequel to Dark of the Moon, this plot.

But my idea was like a final season or something, and it would also work as "The Darkest Hour" of the show, the final wave of the Decepticons and all.

In the end, when the World War [not named as such to avoid controversy, again] had been triggered, another show would start, showing the events following, like Beast Machines/Beast Wars or The Unicron Trilogy.

9. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    If I were Starscream I'd have soundwave send ratbat to scan Arcee while flying high above. Then Tranq her knocking her out instantly. Fly down and get a sample of her CNA

Soundwave creates an entire legion of Arcee Clones using Arcee's CNA.

Then I'd implant Superpowerful Explosive devices full of various alien virus's including Cosmic Rust and the Hate Plague inside the torso of all the Arcee Clones.

Send the clones to various parts of the world that contain the most human populace (make sure all the arcee clones are various colors and decos this way when they are in alt mode they are harder to find.) Once in their destinations have all clones stand by.

Have all the main cast of Decepticons attack the autobots from all directions using themselves as decoys keeping the autobots and the kids distracted.

Have soundwave activate a self destruct command in all Arcee clones killing all living things on earth (including giant alien robots).

at the same time, the Decepticons retreat and leave Earth leaving the autobots spirits broken and defeated for not being able to protect earth.

The end.

10. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Honestly, no.

Having rewatched Darkness Rising, he didn't figure out there was a Space Bridge from his life signs device. Plus they have space bridge technology, in the introduction to what is a groundbridge he talks about how he adapted it for short range instantaneous Earth travel. Ratchet didn't learn how to disable the Space Bridge, he knew how beforehand, that entire sequence was just Ratchet guiding them on how to do it.

So unless they were in a cave on Mars with their fingers in their ears, they'd know.

You seem to be really, really certain that all of the US allies will stay allies in light of them having worked and harbored the Autobots secretely for years rather then see them as a completely compromised force who are now just puppets for their Autobot masters.

About page 6 of Exodus.

Megatrons internal monologue after the fight was that he despises indirect confrontation and that was what Soundwave is all about, but his different approach was useful to him and despite his immense dislike of the Minicons, they had gotten him vital information so he tolerated them for the time being.

Also later on Soundwave was gathering intelligence to help against Megatron, as an information broker he'd be valuable to either side. He also knew that information brokers had a liablity; the more knowledge they know the more dangerous they are to their employers, there would come a time when Megatron thought he knew too much to keep him around so he was preparing to defect to the Autobots should the need arise.

He would try, but how successful he would be or if he even thought it wise to be so outspoken is debatable.

Duh. First rule of betrayal, don't let them know you're betraying them.

The moment Starscream starts rumbling about how he doesn't like things is the start of motion to end him.

It's kind of dark, but it's still a kids show.

Absolutely. I could see things continuing in new and bizarre alliances as the Transformer political landscape continues to shift.

11. Overlord Balder

Your drones destroy City A, chaos spreads, Autobots get knowing about and stop the Drones from destroying City B, City C, City D and City E.

I see, but he also talked like he knew where Starscream's ship was, didn't he?

I see, my point still stands: The Saving of lifes from the Autobots would change this image to some.

Some might see things this way [that's the entire point of the Cold War situation] but I doubt that the entire world would raise weapons against the USA, it's the world most powerful country, some countries won't give a crap about "secret aliens", they'll see the vantages and advantages of sticking with the USA in a World War.

If the world will mostly stand against the USA or with the USA it's a matter of discussion.

Then again, we don't even know if the USA is the only country to know about the Autobots.

This...sounds weird.

Mainly when you see how NOT like that it's their relationship in WFC [again, Soundwave is the only Decepticon that Megatron seems to respect in the game] or Prime.

Just like Fowler and the effectivness of the propaganda, it has no use to discuss Starscream's betrayal as we don't know if he would suceed or not.

G1 Starscream seemed to forget that quite a lot.

Then you will shoot him dead on your first encounter, the guy complains more than Bonecrusher.

Also, you're better be careful when and why you'll kill him, the troops might not like such a unmerciful new leader.

Indeed.

The Show would be loved if this happened.

12. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    But when City B's report is a false alarm from someone who paniced, City E's is a manmade crisis that was falsely reported as Decepticon attack, then City F, G, H, and J's attack at the same time aren't stopped and you get all the people who panic at the real Autobots appearing out of nowhere, guns at the ready where there were no Decepticons but people were sure there were evil Autobots causing the attack, further legitimizing their incorrect assumption as to what was happening.

Given that they'll see it as a foothold, this is what you're saying:

Some might see things this way [that's the entire point of the Cold War situation] but I doubt that the entire world would raise weapons against the invading evil robots who have already taken over a country, it's the world most powerful country, some countries won't give a crap about "secret aliens", they'll see the vantages and advantages of sticking with the invading evil robots who have already taken over a country in a World War.

Just FYI, in the DS version of the game Megatron is less of an abusive bastard to his troops and far more calm and measured.

Anyway, back to Exodus, outwardly Megatron trusts Soundwave and never hesitates to make use of him later, entrusting him with several important missions, including finding out about the keys and other missions.

Much like when he meets with Starscream before the Seekers officially join, we learn that Megatron doesn't fully trust anyone, pretty much. Though that he deduces most of Starscreams plans to be far more then just another commander from their first meeting; except he doesn't understand why Starscream is so hellbent on keeping Trypticon Station under his direct control and everyone else off, so he assigns Soundwave the task of finding out.

Oh yeah. That was most of the reason I loathe Starscream, both as a kid and as an adult.

5 Reasons Megatron Should Have Fired Starscream Years Ago | Cracked.com

Actually I did have the thought at the very first second at the first face to face meeting when Starscream gives his overly exagerated welcome to just shooting him in the head then and there and getting it over with.

You never know, maybe the Eradicon/Terrorcon griping isn't because they don't like anyone but Megatron, but after three years they just can't stand Starscream anymore. :lol 

Sure it would. Instead we're going to get Unicron. Again. Yet Again. Want to take odds on when Megatron is going to become Galvatron? How about Primes first death? Ugh. (And Kudo's to Animated for bucking the first two trends and getting the last out of the way in the first episode!)

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actualy Pravus plan isn't good at all.

It would never work because Fowler and the kids wouldn't turn against them (the good humans are ALWAYS the open mindned "i trust you bumblebee" ones)

Just by having Fowler (yes they DID win him over, he saw all of 'em putting their lives on the line just to try and stop Megatron at the space bridge and save Earth when all hope seemed lost). a dude that knows so much, on their side the plan is already screwed, he would be able to tell your Optimus is fake by being right next to the real Optimus when the thing goes live, by knowing they have no ships, by knowing what Eradicons look like EVEN in car mode, it would just be a matter of time of showing the pentagon a briefing on the matter and getting some jets to blow up the Decepticon cruiser.

Not to mention Autobots would probably ground bridge inside your cruiser and kill you too, after all, when the five Autobots are together eradicons are more like a weak breeze.

14. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    On the contrary, his plan is very tightly knitted.

1) Of course the kids won't be swayed...but they're only three KIDS.
    2) Fowler knows what the Vehicons look like in alt mode? And the "Autobot" Vehicons won't look like Decepticons.
    3) Fowler may or may not be at the Autobot base at the time of the transmission. If he is, he won't learn of the broadcast until he's outside the base (no typical Earth communication signals are allowed inside). If he isn't, the chances of him being either confused or his faith weakening will increase.
    4) Even if his faith isn't shaken at all by Soundwave's transmission, he needs to win over EVERYONE that will make a difference. That's going to be difficult to do as "everyone" will already have a prejudice against the Autobots after attacking and killing humans, a very strong prejudice. Fowler could very possibly be seen as some loon that was brainwashed as part of the Autobot plan.
    5) You have to find the Decepticon ship's location, determine if it can even be reached via groundbridge, THEN calculate how to get inside without being caught in a wall, floor or something else life-threatening. If they Autobots could do this, they would've some time ago.

EDIT:
    Actually...I did just spot something that I personally feel could be a problem for Pravus, either that or I need a little more insight.
    What I'm wondering is: how are you going to contact the real Optimus and make promises to alleviate the potential of endangering human lives - especially since "Optimus" isn't supposed to have any concern for human life (in the public eye) - without compromising the loyalty of Anti-Autobot/Pro-Decepticon humans (civilian or officials)?

15. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    1) Raf can outhack Soundwave. Theyre not JUST kids, theyre main kids that will manage to do everything impossible to a normal kid
    2) The Autobot vehicons will have Autobot colors, and of course Fowler will know what they look like in Vehicle mode, witness saw their fight in the city
    3) I guarantee you the second he saw his Autobot friends suddenly becoming blood thirst wackos with a army of drones that they never had before he would want to check with the autobots what was going on
    4) He got power enough to get the pentagon up according to episode 2, his word will matter ALOT more to the government than random people screaming in the street
    5) If they can get to Tokyo from Nevada, they can get to a Decepticon cruiser floating around Washington. They can do this, they didnt because they had no idea the Decepticons even HAD a ship or where they were. But this time they would. Doesn`t even have to be INSIDE the ship, just right on top of the cockpit, blow a hole in and go happy with shooting Decepticon heads off

Not to mention that being a children`s show, any lucky that could happen to the Autobot`s side would happen, Pravus plan has no chance, didnt work in that G1 episode, wouldn`t work now.

16. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    To everyone else on the planet, they're just three kids talking babble. Raf can't "outhack" Soundwave, but if he knows where to apply, he's definitely proven to be a thorn in his side. Will Raf know how to "hack" at this magnitude? What good will it do if he doesn't even know the plan to counteract? In swaying the hearts and minds of everyone, they're JUST three kids. They can work all they want, a fence will not stop a tidal wave.

Fowler has seen them in alt mode prior to these attacks? Regardless, even Fowler realizes there's things about the Autobots that he isn't aware of; these Autobot clones may be something they've been hiding from him.

He'll want to ask alright, but he may be under orders not to go to these "monsters", now that the rest of the Gov't (the ones who know of his ties to them) may already be grilling him for information. He may not be able to go to Nevada to ask his questions, he may be stuck in D.C., when the "Autobot" nuclear attack strikes. If he desires to "check with the Autobots" that's proof alone he has doubt and wants reassurance. If he does manage to leave and ask questions, it's pure speculation as to how "assured" he'll be from their little chat.

A government is made up OF the people (including government officials, military, Senate, Congress), and the people will make sure their voices and screams are heard. We only know Fowler has made threats to the Autobots, his actual power is debatable.

They can get to a general area, and an attack on the now publicly-seen "friendly" Decepticons in Washington D.C. by the Autobots (now the REAL Autobots getting hostile) would only hurt their support. ESPECIALLY if a live feed of the Autobot raid/ruthless slaughter got out, including of the blood-thirsty Optimus Prime.

We're not talking about this as a children's show, we're talking about this as a military operation. Those points are moot and stay that way.

17. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    A military operation that happens in a kid's show, wake up, if you want to discuss something in a cartoon's universe it has to follow the universe's rules, straying away makes it too easy and would turn all this topic pointless. If it's a REALISTIC MILITARY OPERATION then Megatron would've just went to Cybertron and brought his army without even contacting Optimus, but no, it's a hero cartoon so he had to go to Earth, do his pompous villain shit and make the Autobots aware enough about his plan to stop it.

Also Fowler has been with those robots for three years, he's clearly aware of the fight they had 3 years ago (movie -esque events), he's already aware that the Decepticons got a clone army, he's already aware that they're the blood thirsty ones (he was TORTURED if you remember), he knows his Autobots more than ever now, with "check things out" it means he'll go "wtf what is going on dudes", there is absolutley no chance of his views on the matter being influenced by such odd happenings, because he already knows that Autobots suddenly becoming evil and Decepticons becoming good makes NO SENSE.

Not to mention his whole job is to be the link with the AUtobots, he wouldn't be stuck in Washington, he would be told to run as fast as possible and contact the Autobots about the matter.

The government won't care about what people yell, if they cared they would've told the population about the robots they're helping, they're smart enough to trust the dude that knows his shit instead of outraged populations (quoting agent K from MIB, A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it) they're smart enough to remember the war three years ago where the Autobots did everything they could to make sure the Decepticons left with their war.

And the Autobots know their priority, stopping the Decepticons before clearing their name is more important, maybe they would be tainted in public eyes but first they would make sure to end the Decepticon threat. That's in character for Autobots, while the whole "decepticons leaving without harming humans" plan totally ISN'T in character with what we know of the Decepticons so that plan is even more unrealistic.

18. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    The point of this thread would be to discuss hypotheticals, and the rules of it being a kid's show aren't the rules of the universe it takes place in, it would be the rules of the universe we live in.

We literally only know that Fowler has been working with the Autobots since before the beginning of the show, how much earlier before that is speculative. Even when we first saw him, his position with the Autobots appeared to be shaky, especially in episode 3. He knows the Decepticons have an army (of clones, not necessarily). He knows that they're willing to use torture to extract information (as does our government, the one he works for). As I mentioned, Fowler already is not entirely confident in the Autobots, they're still living alien war machines. Fowler knows the Autobots have been appearing to be "good", for all he knows, he Autobots could've been stringing him along the entire time, brainwashing him to believe they were "good" as insurance that he would stand with them. Fowler would be an idiot to not hold some distrust against them.

There was no mentioning of a "fight" or "battle" three years before TF: Prime, only that it was the last sighting of the Decepticons (when Cliffjumper and Arcee showed up), so I don't know where you're going with that.

His job is to speak for the Autobots to his superiors that are aware of what he's doing. If those superiors see these "Autobots" killing people, they're going to want to know if Fowler is hiding information about what in the blue hell the real the Autobot agenda is. These robots were initially believed to be cooperative, and now they're killing? Something's fishy, either there are marauders, or the Autobots have been setting them up from the start. They wouldn't risk letting Fowler go to tip them off that the gov't is strongly considering to prepare a stance against them.

The Government will care that the people are dying by a foreign attack, screaming, and demanding the gov't to step-in. Senators, Congressmen, those in the Military will also demand action be taken; that's right, those demands will also take place in the government itself, to believe otherwise is entirely foolish. They won't risk putting full faith in someone who was supposed to be working with allies, ones who now appear to be attacking. Not everyone is aware of the Autobots, but now many will have heard of them, in a bad way. As for "people are dumb", 'ignorant' would be a better word, one that would also apply to the people in the Government; ones that would believe that it was the Autobots attacking. The reveal that some members of the government have been working with those who have been attacking the people, will not bode well for them. They will not put faith and power into those who have been keeping a secret, harboring their executors.

The Autobots know their priority: to protect the lives of the innocent and keep them from dying, especially caused as a result of THEIR war. The Autobots hope to end the war WITHOUT mass death (of innocents and Decepticons). You can't win a war if you have opposition from the mass public, that's how the US lost Vietnam. The "character" of the Decepticons is to conquer through any means necessary (which includes to NOT kill, if need be), this is an effective way to conquer.

19. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    The easy answer is private Cybertronian encrypted communication, something that only another Transformer could understand and decode. Something that can't be used against me, a plea for a meeting to end the conflict and leave Earth behind us.

Broadband would be something like:

"Optimus Prime and his rogue Autobots. For too long we have fought this war and now we stand for the first time in countless millenia at the door of peace. These humans may be beneath your contempt, but do you think your actions won't result in the deaths of children and their vulnerable parents? Harming them would make you as guilty as someone who offlined protoforms; one of the lines even you never crossed during the war. Contact me and we can try to finally put this bloody conflict behind us and leave Earth intact. I'd hate to see even three young lives destroyed because you are too stubborn to respond and allow us to negotiate a way off this planet, even in light of your recent barbaric acts."

I would rejoice to have enemies that stupid. The only time they'd know where I was or that I was even in charge is during Stage 4 or after. If they decided to groundbridge onto my cruiser then and go on a remorseless killing spree at that point I'd be delighted beyond reason.

20. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    EXCELLENT! Thanks for the clarification. :thumb