If you were a Decepticon in TF Prime, how would you defeat Optimus and his crew?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Flashdisk, Feb 10, 2011.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    QFT!! B_O!!! Ditto for me for all of the above responses! +1. :D 

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Have some pawns attack a human city (with them believing a "legitimate" objective), make sure the Autobots can defeat them. I'd be atop a building stalking Optimus, watching and waiting for the ground bridge to open. When it does, I fly in after the second to last Autobot, and punch it. When I'm in there, I destroy their ground bridge ONLY, as too much damage to the entirety of the base will force them to abandon it, and restart the search. I find an exit, or make one, keep a record of the coordinates then have a legion of flyers penetrate their base. Also have a large firing squad outside the physical exit, so if they try to escape that way, they'll be gunned down, and our flyers can leave through the exit I had created earlier.

Once I have their bodies, I do to them as Starscream did Cliffjumper. After that, tear their spark chambers out, and their processors. Destroy those.

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great ideas fellas. +1 to all of them. :) 

A really interesting idea, karhukjnsi. Another variation of that is by capturing one of the autobots and implanting a transmitter and two types of explosives within the autobot using various chemicals to make sure the autobot does not realize what had happened to him. So when they transport via land bridge to their base, the transmitter gives the coordinates of their base. The two explosives then go off, one to destroy the land bridge and the other to release a strain of hate plague or cosmic rust within their base. All the while Decepticon forces, seal off all the exits of the base after flooding the base with dangerious gases and materials to burn the inside of the base. If that does not work, have the space ship bomb the mountain, until it crushes their base and the whole mountain collapses on top of the autobots.

And if that does not work, move on to the next plan, making sure that the autobots don't get a chance to rest and regroup.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be all that different from Fanimusmaximus and Orbitals in terms of overall idea.

First stage: Preplanning.
    • Completely redeco all (or at least a high number of) the vehicle mode Eradicons into Autobots. Primary colors, Autobot emblems, the whole 9 yards. No Decepticon logos, no paint to wipe off, true rebuilding/reformatting of their outer shells.
    • I'd need two spaceships beyond my own cruiser. They don't need to be capable, junkers/barely working ships that do have functioning guns and can move on basic thrusters.
    • While it's safe to assume Soundwave already has it, I'd need the ability to do planet wide announcements, so Soundwave would be assigned to become capable of this on demand. I also need an Optimus Prime digital/virtual facsimile.
    • Ideally I'd like to have some corpses. Stripped down/manufactured ones that give absolutely nothing or misleading information about Cybertronian anatomy away, but does show size of the Cybertronians. This isn't necessary, but nice to have.

Stage 2: Introduction to Humanity
    • Using those two junker spaceships, stage a false major spacefight between them. I'm talking you can see it from Earth in the sky during the day without a telescope kind of battle. One ship is destroyed, the other just has to not explode on crash landing entry to Earth.
    • Exactly 1 hour after (crash) landing on Earth, the second spaceship is blown up.
    • If I have them, the ship has the corpses on board them and are hopefully now strewn about the field and are available to be found by officials.

Stage 3: First Encounter and Declaration.
    • My rebranded as Autobot Eradicons are released all over the globe. 24-40 hours after the ship exploded would be the first strikes of the Autobot Eradicons. They would attack nuclear power plants, capitals, and tourist attractions. Their goals would be to create body counts in public areas where survivors would have taken pictures/video of the devastation. The Eradicon commander in larger operations/groups would always announce "Autobots, blah blah blah (Damage is done, let's retreat/we've got their nuclear fuels)" before falling back.
    • Soundwave would then commandeer all communications and using our virtual/digital Prime, address the world. They are Autobots from Cybertron. They are fighting a war that they will win. Human casualties are irrelevant in the face of winning the war.

Stage 4: Salvation
    • I'd make a spectacle out of my cruiser arriving on Earth, but keep it floating over Washington DC.
    • In a non-planetary scale communication, I'd introduce the Decepticons to the UN/President of the USA. I'd explain that we had once fought in a civil war, but it's over. Optimus is one of those bots who never accepted that the war was over, instead he continues to fight and will go to any lengths for he and his Autobots to achieve a victory. To be honest, we don't regard humanity very highly, but once we're done fighting the Autobots, we'll leave.
    • Within that hour, I'd release my jet Eradicon Decepticons and have mock battles that wipe out Autobot car Eradicons in several major cities.
    • In a communication that Soundwave is again broadcasting to all, I'd have an arguement between myself and virtual Optimus Prime. I'd calmly request his quiet surrender so we can leave Earth and he'd state that he would gladly kill everyone on Earth if it meant killing me.
    • 5 minutes later, the nuclear bomb that the Autobot Eradicons created by plundering nuclear power stations, enhanced with Energon, would explode, wiping out Washington DC, but doing only superficial damage to my cruiser.

Stage 5: The Hunt
    • At this point every government in the world will co-operate with me. Agent Fowler (if he's alive) would be leading the charge against the Autobots to their facilties. Heck, the kids would probably be willing to turn on them.
    • If they can't, Soundwave can probably find the Autobots or the kids.
    • Even if Soundwave and the Goverment fails, the people on the streets would.
    • In working with the humans, I'd have every Eradicon (and even Starscream) have a human in the cockpit with them to help hunt down the Autobot menace. Which means if the Autobots fight back, human casualties are bound to happen.
    • I'd contact Optimus (the real one this time, even if it's just open broadcast communications) and ask for his surrender, promising to leave Earth alone if he and all his Autobots surrender to me. After all, he's stranded on this planet, everyone on it hates him, and the longer he holds out, the more lives are in danger.

Stage 6: Victory
    • Regardless of what brought it about, I'd either have the Autobots or have killed them as they resisted.
    • Any Autobot not captured publicly would be killed, infused with Dark Energon, and released to wreck havoc and attract further attention.
    • If he surrendered rather then fought and there are still any errant Autobots, I'd announce a public execution for Optimus Prime, having found him guilty of numerous war crimes on Earth and Cybertron. However, I'd have killed him immediately after capture and well before the ceremony and puppeted him at the public execution, so even if somehow he was rescued by any who hadn't given up yet, that would get them to show up, securing the last of the Autobots. Even if they get away, they'll have gained nothing as Prime is already dead except give me their general location to hunt them down. If there are no other Autobots free, I'd still perform the public execution. After the execution in that case, I'd throw Optimus in a grinder and give away the splinters as souvenirs.

Stage 6: Celebration
    • At this point, all Autobots are dead.
    • I'd explain to the world that as long as there is Energon on Earth, Earth will be a target to any Autobot with a grudge. I'd give them the technology to detect Energon and explain that there isn't much Energon on Earth, but with their assistance and consent we can remove all the Energon from their planet.
    • Relax as the humans mine and eagerly give me every splinter of Energon to ensure the Autobots never return.
    • Thank humanity for the Energon and depart. I've got all their Energon, all the Autobots are dead, mission accomplished.

Well, either that or, you know, kidnap Jack's mom, hold her until Optimus surrenders. Release Jacks mom, kill Prime and infuse him with Dark Energon. Let him go on his rampage until he's put down. Repeat the process until they're all dead.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do I get the feeling you planned this. :sly2: 

6. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah... I'm getting that whole 'destroy all Autobots' vibe from this guy. Sheesh.
    (I know, so says the girl who wanted to blow them up)

jD001

7. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Maybe because the first stage is called "Preplanning"?

Also, Sun Tzu would be proud of you, Pravus.

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is a really detailed plan you've got there, Pravus Prime. Really cool. :D 

9. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    That's actually the reason we lost Vietnam, it's because the people turned against the US Military, no support = no fighting. Pravus clearly has learned from history, and should be admired and respected. Like seriously, that's extremely well-thought out. Pravus, have you ever considered a legitimate life in the military? You very well may be cut out for excellence.

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Sniper from far away

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    It's real easy, actually. The decepticons, as far as episode 5, have teams of drones, soundwave, starscream, and megatron. In other words, they have quantity over the autobots. There is no need to face them head on.

Megatron needs to spread his drones in groups of 3-4, and have them attack various major Cities in the world, aiming at human life instead of destruction of buildings. The drones should be programmed such that as soon as Autobot forces show, they retreat.
    The objective is hit and run. There are 4 active autobots, and one ratch. The maximum area they can cover without military is 5 or so. Keep up the hit and run and then Megatron should talk to Optimus with a message of surrender, requesting the arrest of him, Arcee, and Ratchet.

Because Optimus cares for humanity and would go along with Megatron and try to trust him, he will go with Arcee and Ratchet. When they are arrested, have them in separate cells after disarming.

Kill Arcee and Ratch in their cells. Megatron should be able to do that himself. And then insert each of them with dark energon and dump their body to Optimus' cell. After they exhaust optimus a bit, nail him with artillary and fire power from afar. He has no where to run in the cell.

Then, mass attack on the earth. BB and Bulkhead are not smart enough/strong enough to mount a counter offensive. The reason why you don't ask the autobot to surrender in the beginning is to make optimus have a little hope with leaving some of his comrades in case something happens to him, so he will more likely go with the arrest.

Its honestly simple.

The same reason that I wonder how anyone could lose to the Power Rangers when they can attack MORE THAN ONE CITY at the same time.

edit:: the reason to request Prime, Ratchet, and Arcee:

They are the smarter ones. Arcee would be hard to sift out if it was done at later stage as she is fast and small. Ratchet is pretty smart, and Prime, is prime.

12. GreenChick

GreenChick Well-Known Member

1. Yep

2. I would be fair to Shockwave but, depending on your view of canon, he'd provided too much information to the Autobots already. This was hinted at in the comics by Isenberg between season 2 and 3. Also, if you ask me Shockwave grabbed a little something called the Idiot Ball when he revealed himself. It's a Plot Device that normally intelligent characters are guilty of in order to advance plot/drama. Sentinel Prime was the show's most frequent baller and this was lampshaded by how everybody throught he was an idiot, despite his high rank.

3. Lol, you're probably right. I think my plan is more influenced by G1 perception than PRIME. Truthfully I can't think of a good way to attack the Autobots beside nuking the area they've been spotted most in but they could just space bridge themselves out of their.

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

The only problem with most of this plans is that we don't know how many drones the Decepticons have exactly, we don't know if they can strike multiple cities at the same time [they shown us 30 drones or something close to that until now].

This strategy has two flaws: The Strike back from Military from earth [judging by their aim, any Blackhawk could kill them all quickly] and the fact that Optimus and his fellows can [and most likely will] catch up with the drones before they run away, killing them all.

Also, Optimus Prime would probably have back-up plan for "delivering himself" to Megatron [something like: Bulkhead and Bumblebee attack if he doesn't return in four minutes].

But still, well thought.

And Pravus plan was brillant.

14. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Using Decepticon stealth, i'd probably set off a bomb in the largest most populated city areas I could find.

Then threaten to blow them all up after detonating one to show how serious we were. Our conditions would be for Optimus to become our prisoner and we would execute him, because without him I don't think the other Autobots would manage very well.

15. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Pravus Prime, I acknowledge you as a master of war!

I'll give it you that Shockwave revealing himself to BB via video when the Autobots had been captured by Megatron turned out to be a mistake later. But at that moment, I think we could understand that Shockwave did not expect BB and his team to escape.

My ideas weren't that great either. No trick or infiltration would fool the Autobots forever. They'd catch onto me eventually. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Or we could just use Pravus' impressively planned strategy!

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If I can be totally honest, I didn't have any of that planned before I came into this thread other then the broadest of generic tones.

I had always hoped to see Megatron exercising the Decepticon moniker in new ways as the -ation series with their phases with the idea of winning over local populace on important planets (that needed to be preserved) since unlike most wars, this one is fought with both forces on completely foreign soil. Even in the crappy G1 cartoon Megatron came dangerously close to a similar idea in "Megatrons Master Plan", but failed in ways that crappy 80's cartoon villains do.

Thanks. I've had friends joke that Machiavelli's The Prince and Sun Tzu's Art of War were my bibles.

Thanks guys!

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

But, so, after hours of anzlyzing Pravus Masterplan, I've came up with a counter strategy [not a very good one, but let's keep discussing]:

On that case, Agent Fowler [seeing by the fact that he can decide whenether the pentagon goes into alarm or not, he has one hell of a high rank], alongside Ratchet, can use his contacts to shut it everything down [NEST style], banning all information from internet with the hacking and giving it excuses to everything [nuclear disasters, demolishions] and all, creating a ROTF-esque situation.

After the "cleaning", Fowler and Ratchet can create good propaganda to the Autobots and spread it as they reveal themselves [or reveal the fakyness on the Decepticons]

To counter the "fake autobots" attack, Arcee, Bumblebee and Bulkhead would hunt the "fake autobots" and kill them, showing the world the truth.

Counter: This would be considered fake by Fowler/Government, showing the President TOP secret information about the previous fight of the Decepticons and the Autobots three years ago [I'm sure they must have something on that].

Counter: Fowler covers up.

Seeing the Decepticon Propaganda spreading, Fowler would put some Bureau of the Pentagon watching all means of communications and ready to "counter-hack" stuff , Ratchet [and *sigh* Raf] would monitorate all communications alongside them.

Counter: Fowler and his resourses, alongside Ratchet and *sigh* Raf, would "hack Soundwave back" and either shut down either put the REAL Optimus in the place of the fake one created by Soundwave.

If Arcee, Bumblebee and Bulkhead had not neutralized those Eradicons in time, well, then Fowler would warn the Pentagon to go in full alert, declaring a real war against the Decepticons, searching the entire american territory and bombing every sign of Decepticon in their sight.

Counter: Fowler and the government in general already know the Decepticons and their fiendish tatics, Fowler helped the Autobots against said Decepticons three years ago, he knows what they are capable of, the last sane thing to do would ally with the very faction that declared war with them three years ago.

At this point, the kids would be under government protection, and the Autobots would have The Pentagon as their main base operation.

Counter: The Government would likely be patrolling cities, warning about how dangerous the Decepticons are, hunting them down with radars [as the Autobots would] and every other possible mean, if they get CLOSE to a city, they would [Epps talk] BRING THE RAIN [/Epps talk] on them.

Counter: Optimus would probably surrender alongside his fellows, but I doubt Fowler and Ratchet would aloow such a thing without a massive back-up trap for the Decepticons ["If I don't return in four minutes, BRING THE RAIN!"], after such a massive attack, your forces would be smaller, you may have died [and many of your commanders alongside you], leaving your forces in disarray [in the kinder of the possibilites, you would be forced to retreat].

Final result: Fuzz would be caused, a World War III would be unleashed against the Decepticons, many losses would have been made, the world would never be the same, but the Decepticons would be on the verge of oblivion after that.

Here's my counter strategy, not the best of the counter-strategies, but it would do.

18. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Offer him an alliance/peace treaty. Energon will continue to be mined, but humans will be kept out of the loop. Humanity would be left alone. Furthermore, all hostilities on earth will cease. An embargo on new Decepticons/Autobots arriving on earth will be placed. New arrivals will have to go through strict procedures before being allowed to stay. This is ostensibly to prevent possible hostilities by unenlightened newcomers. Also, no new drones may be manufactured by either side without the approval of the other, save as a means of replacing drones that have been deactivated/destroyed for whatever reason.

Peace on earth.

Can't speak for the rest of the forces scattered across the universe, but it'd be a start to peace. Defeat your enemy by making him your friend.

If he's truly a Prime, he'll likely accept if the offer is sincere. If nothing else, it wouldn't change the situation prior to Megatron's return save neither side would have to keep looking over their shoulders.

However... bear in mind that the Decepticons were merrily stockpiling energon prior to Megatron's return. And the treaty is such that the Autobots may not increase their work force to speed up the mining of energon. The Decepticons can now focus solely on the collection and stockpiling of energon.

In the long run, the earth Decepticons will be able to far outpace the Autobots. Possibly even swarm the planet in drones if they so desired. Or act as a vital supply source for Decepticons out fighting in space.

Basically, a turtling tactic.

19. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well since we live in space....
    I would create a giant cannon and destroy the earth.... Job well done....
    Lets back to ruling cybertron in peace... ;) 

20. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    OMFG....... This is the perfect plan!