If you skipped RotF.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shmoptimus Prime, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I mostly agree. Although Megatron's face being all gnarled up, and the fact that he's alive would stand out quite a bit, we really don't even get a mention of the Fallen (who, let's face it, sucked as a character), and it's also true that ROTF doesn't explain how Optimus got the Matrix. I don't find it hard to imagine or accept that it was returned to him as the rubble of the pyramid was sifted through, but the movie still doesn't say anything about it.

2. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I would like. Set it a few years later (five to eight), bring in a new cast of characters (humans and robots), acknowledge events from one to three happened but then quickly move on in another direction. There's no reason why TF4 can't be both a sequel and a reboot. Very possible.

However, I would like to see a new director. Its time for a new touch.

3. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    ther is that picture of simons and the pyramid in rotf

4. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Well the problem is if you skip ROTF, DOTM would be a much worse movie. I mean you wouldn't have a chance to be disgusted by the humor, or laugh at the plot holes, or feel ripped off by the awful acting.

DOTM would seem just like a terrible sequel as opposed to the crappy sequel when compared to ROTF. ROTF is the REALLY ugly girl/guy you bring to the bar to make you (DOTM) look better by comparison.