If you met Michael Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by nobleboivin, Jun 15, 2012.

1. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off this is not ment to be a bashing or even a hate thread. I am not trying to start a war like certain other members like to do. These are just a few typical questions in a scenerio in which you were to meet Michal Bay (No Idea how to spell his name right. Don't really care.?) and your reaction upon meeting him.

#1 If Michal bay asked you what you thought of the transformers movies how would you respond? What should he of done different?

#2 If Michal Bay asked you to be a consultant for any movie what would you of done

#3 If Michal Bay asked for your help in the fourth transformer movie what would you say or do?

#4 If you were given a time machine what would you change about the movies

#5 If Michal Bay asked you to star in a movie what would you say or do?

These are my answers
    #1 I thought the movies were okay but the story line and characters could of been better

#2 I'd give him better ideas and instead of the Que character I'd have Wheeljack in it and make him kick aft.

#3 I'd agree to help but I'd make a few changes and possibly fix the plot holes from the previous movies and develop the characters better

#4 I'd make Michal Bay get schooled by Transformers by us the fans and Hasbro. Or atleast do a better job of getting info into his skull. The story line would be better. The characters would be developed better. Que would be G1 Wheeljack all the way. Bumblebee would talk like a normal bot.

#5 I wouldn't want to be in a Michal Bay film at all or I would have a large minor role. It all depended on how badlly I needed the money.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    *Michael Bay :) 

Assuming things like being a consultant for him would actually come true...

1.) I would say: "I'm a big fan of your Transformers movies, Mike. They certainly entertained me and I thought they were awesome. There are things I personally would've changed, but I'm not the director, so it doesn't matter. Can't wait for the next one!" If he would actually consider a single thing I would suggest before his guards hauled me away screaming, I would shout "Please, more focus on the robots! Less on the humaannnnssssss!!!!!!!!" *guards sedate me*

2.) I would be ecstatic! I would agree to be a consultant, but anything that I would suggest would only result in him making a movie that caters slightly more to myself a select portion of the fanbase that shares certain mindsets. You can't please everyone, so certain changes wouldn't be well received even though my intention was otherwise. So, I may or may not end up taking him up on the offer.

3.) Pretty much the same answer as above.

4.) Are we asking Bay himself this? Or is this a question for us?

5.) I would only want to be a cameo, if anything. I'm no actor. I'd be completely satisfied with being a consultant.

3. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

"in Bay we trust"

Wait that doesnt sound right. Oh I get it now.

"In Nolan we trust"

"in Whedon we trust"

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    #1 I would tell him I thought they were great and that if he does more deffinately give us more robots and more action.

#2 I'd respectfully decline as I don't consider myself consultant material.

#3 See #2.

#4 Nothing. I'd have better uses for a time machine.

#5 I'd ask if I could voice a background robot or something.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd tell him to please....please give a better director the chance to Direct Transformers: 4.

6. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

But then bay would say to you

"I have this great idea where this tank would transform into this giant robot and start blowing s**t up left right and center"

viewers "but Michael, that isnt a story"

Bay "I dont understand"

Viewers "We know Michael, we know"

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

#1 Since we both seem to love movies I guess we would talk about what worked, what didn't work and why I felt disappointed with the movies. Perhaps we could talk about how the robots needed more character and how the bad guys needed to be more epic for such big films.

#2 It could be fun if he's the sort of person to really listen to the input of other people. But I'm not a film maker so I'm not sure how much help I could be.

#3 Ask if I could be the person to approve the designs so we could get a cool looking Starscream if re-imagined means starting over.

#4 Sorry but I'd have to test the theory from Doctor Who if you could go back in time and kill Hitler or is he a fixed point in time and your gun would only misfire. Then there is painting the town red with Benjamin Franklin and Voltaire. Just too much fun with a time machine to mess with movies.

#5 Really haven't tried my hand at acting since high school. I'm good enough to fool people in daily life, but professional acting in a big budget film might be beyond my skill. Maybe with the right director there might be an actor in me but I'm not sure if I wouldn't be as bad as Megan Fox.

8. squawkbot

squawkbot Active Member

#1 Ultimately, I enjoyed watching the 80's animated movie more. Better story, no LeBouff, focus on action/drama, less on lame low-brow humor. Less 'insect' look in bot design would be nice. Megs needs a big f'n cannon on his arm. Not all Transformers have to be USDM, euro and jp vehicles are ok too.

#2 Asked how much I'd be paid and to what extent I'd have influence towards the final product.

#3 One word, Dinobots

#4 Force James Cameron at gunpoint to do them, instead of Bay.

#5 Only to makeout with Megan Fox. If not, maybe voice over work.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Too bloody late.

10. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

#1 If Michal bay asked you what you thought of the transformers movies how would you respond? What should he of done different?
    I thought they were pretty entertaining. I would have made the Decepticons do more stuff, other than that, not much.

#2 If Michal Bay asked you to be a consultant for any movie what would you of done
    Thanks but I know little about movie making.

#3 If Michal Bay asked for your help in the fourth transformer movie what would you say or do?
    Put in Grimlock and we'll talk.

#4 If you were given a time machine what would you change about the movies
    Same as the first question.

Maybe a cameo as an extra so I can pause it and I can tell my future kids, "See there's dad running away from the tank guy."

Now on to a more casual conversation.
    "You sir are great at directing thrill rides that I enjoy watching but you should work on developing characters."
    "What were you thinking, making the turtles aliens? I personally don't mind and think it is an interesting change but if you received death threats just for giving Optimus Prime flames, why didn't think you would get even worse than that for changing an even more major thing for Ninja Turtles?"

11. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    there's always one. :rolleyes2 

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'd be like, "Oh my god, Micheal Bay!

I loved your work on The Rock."

13. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

1. i'd say his movies are great and despite their flaws i really enjoy them. Put more focus on robots and less on people, and less cussing.

2. No thanks, i'm good.

3. shoot yes SIGN ME UP !!!

4. Go back in the 1st movie and make Optimus arrive quicker to the mission city battle. he was about 30 seconds too late. let him fight Megatron instead of Jazz.

5. As long as it was Transformer involved, i'd want to be a voice actor, for a robot of course.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Mmm, yes. This.

15. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say thank you for bringing Transformers from limbo and back into the mainstream.

16. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i'd slap that a-hole

17. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I'd say overall, I was quite happy with the series and I'm definetly looking forward to what you have in mind for the 4th one. What? Oh, no, I completely understand that the humans were used as plot messengers due to lack of budget to keep those oh-so-awesomely designed bots' on the screen to do it themselves, as evidenced by the considerably longer screentime in DotM. The only thing I'd probably do differently is tone down the military play by play in the movie, esp. the last one.

#2 If Michael Bay asked you to be a consultant for any movie what would you of done?

Decline, most likely.

Can I be one of the bot designers/concept artists and/or storyboard artists (dream job)?

#4 If you were given a time machine what would you change about the movies?

I'd probably leave them as is, and just re-edit about fifteen total minutes off of DotM. Oh, and try to beef up the ending in '07 with more bot action but since I'd have the same budget, I'd probably not worry about it.

Where do I sign?

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'd start with general questions. What made him go into films (cos his music videos are good) and who has most influenced his style and why does he use it?

I might also ask what movie does he want to make? What personal project of his has been working on, keeping in the bottom drawer for the past decade or so until the time/funds/influence become available?

19. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher jerk to storytelling

News Credits:
    #1 I'd say big fan of the Transformers Movies, and ask him to autograph whatever I have on hand at the time.

#2 I would accept the idea with enthusiasm. Always wanted to be behinds the scenes kinda guy.

#3 I'd ask how much I'd get paid, but not truly care.

#4 You see the blatant fanservice scenes in the movies? I'd rewrite it so that they'd be a LOOOOOOOT less blatant. From Japan, I get it. Bay? Not... so much.

#5 I'd ask what the premise was. Then, based on that information, I would react accordingly.

20. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

OH for fucks sake, he didn't rape any childhoods. That joke hasn't been funny for a long time now.