If you lost it all

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thatotherguy, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would hafta call it quits I think.

2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I think I'd be much more upset about whatever the cause of the loss than the collection itself. And yes, I'd be done and fine with it. Getting pretty damn close to done as it is. Still plan to keep it, but getting near the end of buying new stuff I think.

3. DarkWarGrimlock

DarkWarGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My collection is in multiple places throughout two different countries, some of which are insured. I doubt there'd ever be an instance where I'd lose EVERYTHING, but if I did...

I'd probably pick up favorites again as soon as I could. Some lines I've collected would go by the wayside (Aligned stuff probably), while others I'd stick with (Car Robots/classic RiD, G1 Generations, especially IDW based stuff). I'd likely have to pass on recollecting some of my other favorite lines, but Transformers would be one that'd actually make the cut. Dragon Ball SH Figuarts would be the biggest one I'd have to let go of, as they'd simply be too expensive to replace.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I would embrace the anger that came with this, find who/whatever was responsible and beat them until I got my stuff back. Fire? I would become the worlds greatest fireman until Fire gave back my shit. Flood? I would become the worlds greatest fisherman and fish until the sea gave me back my stuff. Act of God? I'd throw myself in front of a bus and take the fight to God! Nobody/nothing would be safe from my wrath!

Only joking. Killing myself would only get me sent to hell.

In all seriousness I would probably go back and revisit a few choice pieces, but not replace anything else I owned. I mean, my connection to most of my G1 stuff is the fact that they are my childhood toys, if that's gone? I probably wouldn't bother. The choice pieces I would go for though...

MP-1 (or 4) Convoy. Takara clean paint job and long smokestacks!
    MP-3 Starscream. Gotta be the original Greenscream version.
    BT-01 Smokescreen, or BT-08 Meister (white or red) or BT-13 Laserwave. One of these, would have to be a Binaltech (not Alternator) and MIB.
    Weijiang Oversized AoE Evasion Optimus and MPP10 Trailer for the sucker.

Then I would just start to buy new stuff again...

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    well if i lost it all due to a fire et i wouldn't bother collecting tf's again , however my record collection i would be more gutted about and would set about replacing them

6. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

It would hurt. As a 14 year old, I couldn't afford to buy everything back. I would probably use this as an opportunity. I would focus on different transformers that ive never collectoed before.

7. TheIronBot

This is the most depressing thread on this whole website...

8. TheIronBot

LOL

9. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Honestly, I feel pretty confident in saying I'd be done. It happens to people a lot. They have a particularly bad experience doing something they loved that it's enough for them to never want to do it again. They might still think about it, and even try their hand at it again eventually just to see if it brings the spark back, but that experience never leaves them and they just can't enjoy it anymore.

I mean, my collection looks like it does for a reason, I already have my focus, and I already have the definitive versions of some of my favourite characters.
    If I lost it all I wouldn't want to start fresh knowing those gaps in my collection could never be filled again. No possible new Springer could replace the T30 one in my collection, or CW Ultra Magnus, or Maketoys Swerve and Tailgate, Mech Ideas Ironfist, or Generations Skids, just as a few examples.

Sure, there'd probably be the temptation to buy new TFs, but at the end of the day if I wasn't adding them to an existing collection it'd feel pointless because of those gaps.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

If something devastating happened where I would lose all of my toys... I will honestly try my best to replace them all, even the ones that are going to be expensive to replace (such as my Galaxy Force Soundblaster).

And if I can't replace them all, well... I guess I will have to learn to live without them, right?

11. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I can't (luckily) think of a set of circumstances in which it would be possible for me to lose everything - some of it is pretty geographically spread out so something of mine would survive the Apocalypse. Knowing luck it would be something I didn't like much........

As it's taken over 30 years to aquire this mountain of crap there probably aren't enough good/active/productive years left to actually rebuild everything anyway. And it's unlikely there would be enough money.

So, probably limit myself to the really important stuff I'd find it hard to live without (yes, it's possible for grown men in the First World to be so spoilt as to consider little plastic Robots a necessity) which would be 20-30 very special things and just do those. And keep buying current crap as released if that were still possible.

On the plus side I would kind of get a House back - assuming that that had survived The Event too.....

12. Field94

Field94 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So this actually hits pretty close to home: had a car accident occur mid-move a month back and had to be hospitalized (I got better), and it was almost 2 weeks til I got all my stuff back and moved into the new place. I'm STILL opening up boxes and resorting stuff to evaluate the proper damage to my stuff, but the transformers were the first things checked; only damage was a few paint scuffs, broken tabs here and there that were easy enough to re-seat and glue, only my star cats dinos really broke and even then, it was along joints that were easy enough to repair. If anything, my Magic:The Gathering collection got the worst of it, with a good number of cards being significantly warped now despite the sleeves, boxes and packing materials around said boxes.

IF I would not have been so lucky and things were actually lost, I think I still would have bought the Platinum set with Prime and 'Tron, that $30 G2 Superion and Wave 2 of Titans Return and just started over from there. Unlike many here my collection is rather new and doesn't consist of any high-dollar pieces, so putting it all back together would be tedious at worst.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd probably be done for good.

No use in trying to re-start it again.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    For me I would most likely get majorly depressed over losing them all,but then after I get over the shock I would restart again for a second time. Only this time I would seriously downgrade to those figures I prize the most,probably my maximum would be from 200-300 figures instead of the 2000+ I have now in my room or storage.

Mainly I would start off with Masterpieces and MP Style 3P ones,but after those I would try to get figures from other lines like Titans Return,CW and so forth. But honestly I hope something like that never happens to me or anyone on here,and to those that have my sentiments go out to you for losing such a great collection.Later all.

15. LeonSteamhawk

LeonSteamhawk Micromaster

I don't have a very large collection, so I'd be a bit upset at first but would surely be fine starting from scratch. None of my current figures are really that old, other than a Universe Scattorshot randomly found on Dollar General clearance one day. :p 

16. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Quit after replacing g1 prime and all MPs.

17. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Well I'd be bummed naturally. Some of these figures have been with me since I was 3. Losing them would leave me rather depressed for a bit, not even going to lie about that. Just too many memories connected with some of these guys. Saying that I doubt I'd bother trying to replace them all. The sheer amount of money spent on close to 1000 figures is just not something feasible or something I'd desire to do again. There is a list of figures I'd instantly try to reacquire though. I would just get those and just move on. Still plenty of figures to get that would keep me more than happy moving forward.

Just sitting here right now there's: Gen G2 Jazz, Darkside Optimus Prime, Gen Waspinator, BW Snapper, BW Depth Charge, G2 Optimus Prime, either GDO Brawl or Breacher, and G1 Rippersnapper.

18. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If I lost it all, I have some of it insured. I'd probably just purchase some Masterpiece figures and carry on from there.

That said, that would mean there'd be one less Botcon 2005 Ratchet and Flareup out there. Also, one less set of Superlink Black Rodimus and Superlink Fire Convoy.

19. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

I think I'd be more pissed about losing the investment than any particular figures. Although losing my new UW Computron would probably be the worst of it. I could probably replace most of the other figures if I wanted to.

But honestly, I'd probably switch from CHUG to MP if I lost my CHUG collection. The new Shattered Glass OP is really really tempting, and I'd love a MP Soundwave. Would definitely result in fewer figures, but probably also less money - which is something I never even considered when I started collecting.

20. Gremnock

Gremnock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I lost my entire collection 15 years ago. I was forced to sell when I lost everything . Less than 2 years ago I started collecting again. If I had to do it over I would still collect the MP and G1's.