If you like Starscream and Seinfeld

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brodimus Prime, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Latta

If you're like me and are a big Seinfeld fan, then you may or may not have noticed that our dearly beloved Chris Latta was actually in an episode of Seinfeld. According to this page he was the Thug in the episode where Kramer ends up getting a bunch of money by betting on the race horse who is a "mudder." The ep is "The Subway" I think. I just thought it was pretty neat.

What gets me is the last bit concerning his death. While this and IMDB both state he died of a cerebral hemmorage, the way guys like Peter Cullen and Michael McConohie have talked about Chris, it sounds like it may have been drug-induced. Hmmm...

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

thats intresting. I always wondered about him, he really helped make both franchises and made two ver memorable characters. Hopefully his legacy will continue, even though the Transformers live action film disregards his major contribution.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    What if you think Starscream is a whiny bitch and Seinfeld is one of the most overrated TV shows of all time?

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

You read the title of the thread and don't bother opening it.

5. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Wow...that was him?? He was a pretty big guy, hard to picture Starscream & Cobra Comander comming from him.

He is surely missed though.
    In fact while transforming my MP 'Screamer for the first time, I popped in my Season 2 TF dvd's and watched some classic Starscream episodes.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I see...

7. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

He also played Seargant Knox during the second season of Starblazers? Wow.

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

To be fair, I can't even come up with a mental picture of the person Starscream and CC's voice came from...

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd have to see that ep again, but it surprises me a bit. if only because that character has one line total in the episode, and I don't remember it sounding familiar at all (any voice roles out there for Chris Latta in a deeper register?)

Edit: (looking closer at IMDB page) He did Gung Ho? OK, that's closer to the voice I remember.

10. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    You mean the Sam Kinison looking guy was really Starscream? You sir...have just blown my mind.

11. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Yeah, its hard for me to imagine that voice coming out of that guy. And the first time I watched that episode, I thought it was Sam Kinison for a brief while.

But cool observation. I loves that episode. "his muther was a mudder?"

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The irony is that I always pictured the voice of Optimus Prime to be a big guy, when in fact Peter Cullen is quite short.

13. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Voice actors show up in the weirdest places. I haven't seen that ep. of Seinfeld, but Chris Latta was a very speacial and talented guy. In TFs alone he did Wheeljack and Sparkplug in additon to Screamer. I think it's really cool that Michael Dobson is now carrying on the legacy by doing both Screamer and Cobra Comander these days.

Speaking of other voice actor appearances, did anyone catch Scott McNeil on Stargate's record breaking 209th episode where it surpassed X-Files as the longest running North American sci-fi show. Scott played the Lucian Alliance guy that Cam Mitchell was impersonating.

14. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow...I always wondered what he looked like. Wiki is just all sorts of awesome.

And he also played Klingons in TNG and DS9 :rock