If you had to choose...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Three Stars, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Three Stars

Three Stars Member

...a Decepticon g1 combiner team to match against Computron, which of these would you go for?

Abominus - Traditional rival, nice articulation, but the limb guys are kind of awkward. More expensive to obtain, and there's a risk of cheap KOs when buying. Hun-Grr becomes an ice cream dispenser with a rank of 9, which you have to admit is cool.

Piranacon - BBTS is practically giving them away. Nice targetmaster gimmick. Some of the limbs are also a bit awkward, and they never had any kind of rivalry with Computron, but if I stick them on a shelf together they can get to know each other.

Oh, the tough decisions. :wink: 

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    option 3: get Piranacon right now, save for Abominus after.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like going the Superion - Menasor, Defensor - Bruticus, Computron - Abominus rivalries.

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'd say opt for the Abominus, however Piranacon is a great set and the BBTS re-issue is well worth the price.

5. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Supposedly there's going to be one of those KO abominus's coming out soon, so if you want to buy one without any worries of getting a fake, or fake parts, do it now.

6. Three Stars

Three Stars Member

Hence my dilemma. I'm planning on no more than 3 teams per faction, to make things fair on the Autobots. I already have Bruticus and Menasor.

I have higher quality KOs in my collection, so I only object to the really cheap plastic versions.

7. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would go with Piranacon because he's cheap, and because he was cool in the comics, except where Meg's kicked his ass.