If you had control over the 86 movie, who would live and die?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Sixwing

Sixwing Gives out likes like Energon goodies.

You're welcome.
    Huh. That's not what I remembered, but it's been a long time since I last saw S3, so I could have easily forgotten.

2. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

If they would not release Devcon as a toy. Then I would replace Wheelie being on Quintessa with Devcon who hears an SOS message and dies heroically saving Hot Rod, Kup, and the Dinobots.

3. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

There was no Devon toy to release

4. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

I know, if I could go back in time and had influence, I wish Hasbro had released a Devcon transformer for S3. If Hasbro would refuse to bring out a Hasbro toy then I would have killed of Devcon (in a blaze of glory) in the movie. I could never figure out what Wheelie was doing on Quintessa anyway.

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Killed:

Alpha Trion
    Kup
    Wheeljack
    Arcee
    Wreck-gar
    Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper
    Perceptor
    The Arielbots

Blitzwing
    The Insecticons
    Devestator
    Astrotrain
    Shockwave
    Slag
    Swoop
    Grimlock
    The Predacons
    The Combaticons

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  6. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

For Starscream to live or get reformatted into his Armada body by Unicron after he was “killed” by Galvatron towards the end of the movie. Also to have Ironhide live as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mega scream

Mega scream Fguyretftgu7

I would make Wheelie never happen. Just saying.
    Prime would not die. However, he could be grievously wounded and put in a coma...? Maybe.
    Hot Rod won't be Prime. No offence.
    There would be some deaths. Just don't make everyone die.
    And no Daniel please. Just stick to Spike.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Primeultra

No Wheelie.... who would you make the hew “kids appeal” character

Prime in coma....Duke, GIJoe

Roddy not Prime... who would you make prime?

No Danny, Keep Spike....He was an adult now and wouldn’t fit the same role you would still need a new kid

9. Primeultra

Alpha Trion already (preety much) died in season 2’

Wheeljack “appeared” to die in the film

And we bearly saw Bumblebee, Cliffjumper , Blitz wing,The Insecticons, Devastator or Astrotrain again
    We never saw Shockwave again

And you couldn’t kill The Predacons in the film because they didn’t exsist at the time of the film

Why would you want to kill the Dinobot or The Combaticons is strange to me but hay, I’m sure you have your reasons

10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Apart from Shockwave ants the Aerialbots bar Slingshot, I just don't like all those characters.

11. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

In marvel UK shockwave took command of the cons post movie and reignited the war.

The predacons only appeared in season 3 but they could've been in the movie as they appeared in issuev96 of marvel UK which was loosely connected to the same continuity as the movie....

12. Primeultra

Not not really “loosely connected”

Loosely related maybe but I would say all tf continuities are related, but they are as unconnected as the US books are from the cartoon

And certainly we could always say they were around for millions of years but the point is they wouldn’t of been killed off in the film since they just had not been fully conceptualize yet

In fact the early concepts for that team were to have them as autobots

13. NaCl

NaCl High school graduate

Wheelie would have been stomped into the ground by Grimlock immediately. Not even a lick of dialogue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sixwing

Fine by me.

15. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Killing Optimus Prime might have hurt the brand, but it still outlasted almost every other toyline of the era, including He-Man and Voltron and Thundercats. Killing Optimus is what cemented Transformers the Movie in pop culture. It made an otherwise generic movie one that is part of a shared cultural impact. In the long run, it's why people remember it 32 years after they saw it and they barely remember GI Joe, He-Man, Robotech or Go-bots even had a movie.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

GI Joe's film was relegated to video-only release instead of the planned theatrical one, IIRC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AComplicatedBot

AComplicatedBot Active Member

Oh I’ve got a few ideas….. (nice question by the way!)

I’m up for @TLK Barricade 's idea of the shuttle crew making more of a dent in the Decepticons. A reeling Brawn gets up and just loses it on the invaders with a chair ripped from the deck before he is eventually overwhelmed. Also have thought for a while about Ironhide taking out or severely damaging Scavenger in revenge for Prowl, and then the rest of the later scenes of Devastator showing his right arm is not functioning properly.

Oh and then I would have a scene of the Dinobots regrouping and absolutely wrecking Devastator. Full primal fury, with just heavy Metal music thundering, no singing, no cuts away to other action, no speech. With only Scrapper somehow surviving (my favourite of the team! Then later on in the cartoon series he could have been the one to defect rather than Octane, his reasons being more reflective of what happened and him being tired of war).

Wheeljack would be severely damaged but just out of the fight, coming back later in the TV show. (Yes he’s another fave of mine). Prime’s one-bot spree would lead him to see another Autobot, let’s say Huffer, disarmed and about to be killed by two of the cone-heads - Prime would be forced to take both cone-heads down quickly and permanently to save Huffer, before he speeds off again for his showdown with Megs.

When Galvatron and the Sweeps attack the ruins of Autobot City, Arcee would take down two of the Sweeps herself through sharp-shooting (because I still to this day get annoyed about how underused she was in the film).

You’d be seeing more of the remaining Autobots firing back against Galvatron and the sweeps as the shuttles take off. Sunstreaker would do some Jet Judo against a Sweep or Cylclonus’ ‘Armada’ and take one down at the cost of his own spark.

Shockwave would have a more memorable scene in the Unicron attack, showing him properly directing the defence, until maybe his seemingly relentless logic falling apart before he, his headquarters and lots of defenders are atomised by Big U punching the planet.
    (Yeah I'm thinking a bit like how Brainstorm reacted in the comic).

• Like Like x 1
  18. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t change any of the deaths-it gave the series a gravity that no other kids show ever had before or will have again. I would however add all the deaths from the storyboards into the film like Mirage, Red Alert, Shockwave, etc.
    I would love a directors cut to be made with about 15 minutes of newly animated cut-from-the-storyboards scenes and maybe an extra badass hair metal song added in during the slaughter inside autobot city.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sixwing

I'd be down for that.

20. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree about Scavenger also for me in the movie he should have received a lof of damages without dying as refund for Prowl death but your idea of Scrapper that plays Octane role in S3 in episodes as Starscream Ghost, is amazing!
    Now he's alone and see a lot of things in different views. In fact sometimes I figure him as a complete psycho as in the bio and toon sometimes suggests this but in other circumstances he doesn't seem very bad compared to other Decepticons as in Master builder where I think at first he really wanted to help Grapple.