If you had control over the 86 movie, who would live and die?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Aug 15, 2018.

1. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

On the Autobot side, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Blaster, Perceptor, and the Dinobots would survive, and be it in the shuttle attack, the battle of Autobot City, or in the fight against Unicron, every other Season 1 and 2 character would bite it, with Bumblebee surviving by being too small a target, Ratchet and Wheeljack simply being in the repair bay away from the battle, and the others being with Hot Rod's team. I'd also have Magnus drawn and quartered like the original script, and Devastator would stomp some of the Season 2 Autobot cars. Optimus Prime and Jazz would be rendered in stasis lock for years, and when they did come back, it would coincide with Prime's Powermaster upgrade and Jazz's Pretender upgrade and both would be somewhat traumatized by the experience.

I'd have there be an episode where Bumblebee, being the youngest Season 1 survivor (who wasn't built on Earth), struggles to deal with the deaths of almost all his friends from the Ark, and maybe emerges a little grimmer and more serious, culminating in him trying to leave behind his old identity after becoming Goldbug. If there'd been more of a Season 4 and he got his Pretender upgrade, he'd grow to accept his mistakes and his past self, and become more at ease with himself. Ratchet and Wheeljack would take on a mentor role to him, trying to help him cope with the loss of Optimus, Ironhide, and the others.

On the Decepticon side, I would have Starscream survive being blasted by Galvatron, but he gets launched into space to float for all eternity, as an act of revenge on Galvatron's part. He'd of course get discovered by the Autobots and repaired, and go through a character arc of struggling to fit in with a team that has different values than him, and the fact that the Decepticons don't want or need him anymore. I'd have it more clear who the Season 1 Seekers and Insecticons are reformatted into, with character moments earlier in the film that lead to them accepting and embracing their new identities as Cyclonus, Scourge, and the Sweeps.

In terms of actual deaths, the conehead Seekers, Reflector, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Rumble, and Frenzy would fall. Perhaps in the same episode that Bumblebee would struggle to deal with the loss of his friends, Soundwave too would be struggling to come to terms with most of his cassettes dying, and he and Bumblebee would fight and eventually come to an understanding. Shockwave would survive the Movie, but he would be less trustful of Galvatron, culminating in a vicious battle where Shockwave ultimately dies at Galvatron's hands.

• Like Like x 2
  2. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb You no good, you. You just a chicken. CHEEPCHEEP!

I'm sorry, I never, and I mean NEVER liked that punk-@$$ Springer and all his wisecracks. Basically he was an autobot version of every Ryan Reynolds character. Ugh. His annoying butt would have been the first one I would have killed off.

Pairing Roddy with old man Kup was a great idea, but I hated how condescending everyone was towards the Dinobots.

As others have said, keep Starscream alive. Though I don't think Galvatron would be able to resist blasting him for very long. Galvatron should have had someone nipping at his heels for leadership. Cyclonus was too much of a brown-noser to do it, so how about Shockwave?

3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would go with slightly altered events based on the deviations comic: op and megs die of their wounds, unicron rebuilds the trashed bots as his minions but like the comic, heads right for cybertron during coronation and upgrades starscream, then attacks the moons while he's gone. when bots enter unicron, the group separated from hot rod fight unicrons rebuilt decepticons, who die when he explodes.

season 1/2 characters who live:
    bumblebee, jazz, perceptor, blaster, ratchet, dinobots, hound, mirage, jetfire, sideswipe, sunstreaker, road rage(deal with it), elita-one, seas spray, cosmos, hoist, skids, omega supreme, airelbots, starscream, soundwave, buzzsaw, reflector, astrotrain, blitzwing, constructicons,

new characters that wouldn't exist:
    arcee, springer, ultra magnus, galvatron, wheelie

On screen deaths: megatron, optimus prime, cliffjumper, prowl, ironhide, brawn, wheeljack, windcharger, huffer, grapple, tracks, greenlight, shockwave, coneheads, rumple/frenzy, ravage, ratbat, laserbeak, thundercracker/scourge, skywarp/cyclonus, insecticons/sweeps

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    There isn't much I would change in terms of who lived and who died, just would make it a lot more clear as to who died and who didn't...

Brawn, Ironhide, Ratchet, & Prowl still died during the shuttle attack.
    I would of included the scene of Ultra Magnus, Sideswipe, Tracks, & Red Alert fighting the Constructicons which would of seen Red Alert being killed.
    Optimus Prime would still die in his fight against Megatron, as does Megatron causing his return as Galvatron.
    Smokescreen would of died in place of Wheeljack allowing him to show up post Headmasters in Victory.
    Mirage & Trailbreaker were also originally meant to appear in the movie and so I would of included them, with Mirage being killed by Megatron after attacking Bombshell.
    After the battle of Autobot City I would of included a scene kind of like them honoring those who died in the battle showing that Trailbreaker and Huffer had died during the assault.
    I would of made it clear that Gears & Beachcomber was on Moonbase 1 and was killed before the 86 Autobots could rescue Bumblebee, Spike, Cliffjumper, and Jazz.
    Shockwave & Reflector would of died during Unicron's assault on Cybertron and instead of Seekers that looked like Coneheads being killed during their assault on Unicron it was Bitstream, Hotlink, & Sunstorm from the very first episode.
    And of course Thundercracker, Skywarp, & the Insecticons, Bombshell would of been fatally wounded by Mirage and the others would of died of their wounds after being ejected from Astrotrain before being turned into Scourge, Cyclonus, and their Sweeps.

Tracks, Sideswipe, Bluestreak, & Grapple would of survived Autobot City and as I mentioned earlier including a brief scene of the heroes mourning for their dead and give us a glimpse into what a Cybertronian funeral would look like I would of including them, Inferno, Hound, & Sunstreaker in background shots and find a way to give Inferno a speaking role since he was listed in the cast list. Basically while Ultra Magnus & co. leave for Cybertron he puts Blaster in charge of the Earth based Autobots. Leaving him, Tracks, Sideswipe, Bluestreak, Grapple, Inferno, Hound, & Sunstreaker on clean up duty and thus they survived the 86 movie as they stayed on Earth and avoided the confrontation against Unicron.

Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Arcee, Springer, Kup, Blurr, Wheelie, Bee, Cliff, Jazz, Spike, Daniel, the Junkions, Perceptor, & the Dinobots would survive as they originally did in the movie. As would Soundwave, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, the Coneheads, the Constructicons, & Soundwave's cassettes.

And even though they don't show up since we see them in Season 3 the Aerialbots, Protectobots, Skyfire, Omega Supreme, Powerglide, Warpath, Seaspray, & Cosmos also survived without being seen in the movie. On the Deception side that also leaves the Stunticons & Combaticons having survived but unseen in the movie. Leaving only Hoist & Skids MIA.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sixwing

Sixwing Not an animation error. RIP Skids/Ravage.

That sounds pretty good. Actually, iirc, Hound appeared in one episode of S3, meaning he survived, which made me happy because Hound was one of my favorite characters.

6. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

I would swap Ratchet and Prowl with Skids and Bluestreak. The former never made sense as part of the shuttle crew.

The Decepticon casualties would remain the same with Reflector.

I would eliminate the scene where Hot Rod attacks the shuttle. Instead he notifies the city of a security breach, after which, we see Autobot City transform with the S1 and S2 Autobots being prominent.

Also, Bumblebee dies.

7. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't change a thing honestly.

• Like Like x 3
  8. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Ditto, though I would make it evident who died so that their disappearances form Season 3's plot is clear. Also, I would unambiguously show that Skywarp became Cyclonus and Bombshell and the other Insecticons became Sweeps.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay I'd do that, now that you've said it.

10. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

For the Autobots, I think I would keep Skid (just to develop his character), Tracks, and Smokescreen.

I think I would deep the Unicron scene with Megatron / Galvatron (only because it is so memorable) but Reflectors would form at least some of the Sweeps and the Insecticons would be spared (to be consistent with the 1986 toy catalog).

The generic seekers in Divide and Conquer / Ultimate Doom would retain their alt-modes and replace Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp as well as the Coneheads.

I think I would kill off Galvatron at the end of the movie and have Shockwave as the leader with Soundwave as his deputy. Maybe keep Cyclonus and Scourge but not have them be as significant in S3 as to give room for the generic seekers to develop as characters.

The reason being that I would kill of Galvatron is that Rodimus was a new Autobot leader and I always viewed Galvatron as a modified version of Megatron. As such, I wish in S3 the Decepticons had a completely new leader,

I would think about Omega Supreme joining the Autobots on Junkion and killing the Constructions there. To replace the Constructicons I would consider bringing back the Guardian Robots who fought against the Autobots in War Dawn and making him a Decepticon.

11. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

But ultra Magnus did live, and shockwave was never seen again so he’s as good as dead

So how does that change anything

12. Primeultra

I thought you were wrong so I went and checked on tfwiki, According to that source hound never appeared again after the film
    But then you would be changing a thing because the film did unambiguously show that bombshell became cyclonus

13. Primeultra

Do

14. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

Considering the issues with Jazz and Cliffjumper's VA's around that time, I'd probably have them bite it, and replace them with other characters who would survive instead like Sideswipe and Tracks

Speaking of which I'd probably include Sideswipe, Tracks, Red Alert and Ultra Magnus going against the Constructicons, where Red Alert dies while the other 3 survive

On the shuttle attack I'd swap Prowl with Bluestreak due to the former being more prominent

Wheeljack survives while Smokescreen takes his place like in the original storyboards

I'd probably leave in the Mirage and Trailbreaker deaths

I wouldn't touch the Decepticons apart from making Shockwave's death a thing

With all that said, honestly I think people put too much thought in who lives and who died in canon. The way I see it unless explained or planned otherwise(like in the deleted scenes), characters who never came back are simply that. The writers just never decided to bring them back, but I don't think it means their dead, they're still probably alive

15. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    What I meant by that is that is that Ultra Magnus never dies at the hands of Galvatron in the first place, and to have Shockwave's death being depicted, rather than him just disappearing from the show from season 3 onwards.

16. Primeultra

There were no issues with the voice actor for jazz at the time to film was being made

He died a few months after the film was released
    I believe there was a storyboard similar to that

I figured that’s what you meant but I will re-iterate, Ultra Magnus DID NOT did not die at the hands of Galvatron or ANYONE in the film

At best you could say he was blown to pieces......But that has never been evidence of deaths in transformers not even in the G1 cartoon

And we know he didn’t change color like everybody else that died

• Like Like x 1
  17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

I would also kill one or more of the new characters, like Kup, Springer and Wheelie. This because it is an epic battle in a long lived war so there should be casualties. However, in the current format TF dying ends after the first half hour, while some of the later injuries (e.g. Kup) are much more severe yet are brushed off: Kup is dismembered and Magnus blown up, yet both are quickly fixed.

I would also increase the length and intensity of the Rodmus-Galvatron battle. It's too quick. Galvatron is a wuss in the movie anyway (only impressive thing he does is kill Starscream).

ALthough I can see the appeal of having Optimus survive in a severe damaged state and mentoring Rodimus as he is the new Prime, having the old leader still around could seriously undermine Rodimus his leadership. There would be constantly the suspicion (or hope) that someday Optimus would be repaired and take over again.

A better solution would have been to a) make the Rodimus Prime good, b) put a showrunner in charge who would write a season long arc for Rodimus Prime in which he learns to become leader with consistency in development episode to episode (and wipes the floor with Decepticons where other Autobots fail to show how strong he is).

18. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If that’s the case, then I’d only want Shockwave’s death depicted, in terms of changes for who would live and died.

I would more so want to change parts of the story, and make Ultra Magnus become the next prime, and Hot Rod to face a bit more consequence.

19. Primeultra

I don’t think hot rod needs to suffer anymore consequence then his own guilty conscience

The kid didn’t intend on doing anything wrong, he was actually trying to do something right he saw what Megatron was trying to do and try to stop him

And the funny thing is he was the only one who saw that Megatron was reaching for a gun.......He just tried to help and one about it the wrong way, I’m sure we all have similar circumstances in our lives where we tried to help somebody or situation and didn’t make the right move

• Like Like x 2
  20. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clear up