If you had control over the 86 movie, who would live and die?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Aug 15, 2018.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you had creative control of the original 86, but you still required to kill off a fair share of characters, but not necessarily due to their toys not being on shelves for making way for new ones. the plot is still exactly the same as is, your just choosing who goes where. So, who would you choose to live or die and why?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Instead of Ultra Magnus being an original character, I'd have him be the powered up version of Optimus.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Personal changes:
    The original cast would have new alt modes as it would be twenty years later.
    Galvatron would had been a separate character and seized power with his Sweep armada.
    Optimus Prime would had been badly injured in the final battle with Megatron. Forcing him into a life support suit (Ultra Magnus).
    The Dinobots would had been in robot mode quite often.
    Soundtrack would had been instrumental.

Deaths:
    Brawn
    Ironhide
    Prowl
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Reflector
    Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper
    Windcharger
    Megatron
    Insecticons
    Blitzwing
    Coneheads
    Tracks
    Sunstreaker

Survived:
    Shockwave
    Starscream
    Wheeljack
    Optimus Prime
    Hound
    Seaspray
    Powerglide
    Warpath
    Outback
    Inferno
    Trailbreaker
    Astrotrain
    Skyfire
    Dinobots
    Sideswipe

• Like Like x 2
  4. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

I would still have the shuttle crew (Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet, and Ironhide) die in the attack, but I'd definitely have them put up a better fight, at least take a few Decepticons (such as Reflector and Buzzsaw) with them and land a few hits on some of the others.

During the attack on Autobot City, Huffer, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, and Red Alert would be among the casualties. Trailbreaker, Mirage, Windcharger, and Wheeljack would survive because they could all be of good use later in the movie or in Season 3. Optimus Prime would still die under the exact same circumstances, but before the fight with Megatron, he at least manages to wreck Thundercracker, Skywarp, and the Insecticons so badly that he ends up being the reason they are ejected from Astrotrain a few moments later.

Starscream is still obliterated by Galvatron (only to come back as a ghost in Season 3). Ultra Magnus is still defeated on Junkion, only he doesn't explode, but is instead pulled apart like in the storyboards, making his recovery a bit more believable. During the final battle against Unicron, Shockwave, the conehead Seekers, and Skyfire are among the casualties.

And that's about it. All of the other characters who survived in the movie would still live in my version and go on to appear in the following season, and I can't think of any others I would kill off.

• Like Like x 5
  5. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Insert ice pun.

I really don't like this idea, no offense but I find the idea if optimus having a mentor cool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'd keep Shockwave alive as a sneaky toady who tries to take Cyclonus's position as second in command and I'd keep Starscream dead instead.
    I'd keep Tracks and Skids instead of Jazz, Bee and Cliffjumper.
    The rest I would not change.

7. Sixwing

Sixwing Not an animation error. RIP Skids/Ravage.

I would've kept it mostly the same, but Megs shoots Prime, killing him, when he has Hot Rod hostage. Than he shoots Hot Rod in the head. Like in the storyboards, Wheeljack would not have been a casualty. Ultra Magnus would have become Magnus Prime (which sounds cooler than Rodimus Prime), and Shockwave would have definitely survived. I also like the idea of Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, and the Sweeps being seperate characters.

• Like Like x 2
  8. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    I agree, despite the obvious toy capabilities, considering Megatron got a transformation into Galvatron, it seems a bit repetitive for Prime to get the same treatment. I think it works better for a bad guy.

9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    This. Megatron still nearly kills Optimus and the Matrix passes to Rodimus. But he's given the new trailer armor at the end by the Junkions in order to continue functioning as "Optimus Magnus" and becomes a "sensei" for Rodimus Prime.

But everyone else who is killed/reformatted is still killed/reformatted. The brutality of the movie is what stuck in this then-10-year-old's head all these years.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Eh, I think I'd pretty much kept the casualties same as in the film. I admire the movie for having the guts to kill the hero and regenerate the villain, even if it did eventually cause Hasbro to lose said guts later on.

I also prefer Magnus as his own character (though I'd probably start him out with a white version of Optimus' design, so that when the Junkions rebuild him that's when they rework his trailer as part of the rebuild, to explain why we never see his inner robot mode on the cartoon).

• Like Like x 3
  11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    This right here, but taken further. Basically create new forms for every older character. Hot Rod is a rebuilt Sideswipe, ala Goldbug. Going from that, we'll do it this way: Goldbug=Bumblebee, Rollbar=Brawn, Chase=Cliffjumper, Wideload=Huffer, Searchlight=Gears(because of the headlights and Gears' infrared), and Freeway=Windcharger.

The Scramble City combiners could have been saved for after the motive, and had them released as rebuilt Cybertronians. Sparkabots/Triggerbots/the like: same thing. THAT is what I would have done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Well-Known Member

I had the same idea.

13. Soundwaver

I would have Optimus be a mentor towards Hot Rod. Ratchet and Wheeljack would also lived. They should had never killed off the medic and engineer.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  14. Soundwaver

That's strange. I rememeber reading how Prime was suppose to died without Roddie getting in the way, but never Megatron shooting Hot Rod. I mean they have to keep Rodimus alive because we have to sell his toys.

Also agreed with the Magnus Prime being better then Rodimus Prime. Never like the name Rodimus.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  15. Driskull98

Driskull98 Out of the Silent Planet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Not changing any plot details, except maybe eliminating the scene where Magnus is blown to bits as it’s really random and kind of makes Optimus’ death (as well as many others) look really tame in comparison. Just kind of have him in stasis or something instead of in a thousand pieces.

As far as S1/S2 character deaths, I’d replace Ratchet with Grapple and Wheeljack with Smokescreen.

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

In the storyboard the sweeps draw and quarter him, thus the clean parts popping off.

17. Sixwing

Sorry if I confused you, but Hot Rod was never going to die in the storyboard. I meant how it was supposed to be someone else (Smokescreen?) dying in the storyboard, not Wheeljack.

18. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I wouldn't save anyone, I'd actually add in the deleted death scenes and even more for the characters who simply never showed up again after the movie. I'm a sucker for tying up loose ends.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sixwing

Tying up loose ends is usually a good thing.

20. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    The only changes I’d want to make is to have Ultra Magnus to live and have Shockwave to die.