If you don't read the IDW comics or watch the RiD show, what do you think of Windblade as a toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Aug 13, 2017.

1. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean like Drift (who has so far got two minis and appearances in the movies and RID)? Seems like the only person who seems to focus on Windblade at IDW at the expense of everything else was Scott and we know she was never really separate from Hasbro and maintained ties with them through her time on Prime and RID. But yes Windblade is certainly a corporate mandated character ala Drift.

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Like Blades, who uses the exact same mold but with a unique non-Vortex head and came out just two waves later? Or perhaps Stormclash and Skyburst, who also use that exact same mold but unlike Alpha Bravo have unique molding? Heck, if you want to go before Combiner Wars then FOC Whirl fits the bill too.

And how many female jets do we have in Transformers? Slipstream and who else? What about how many VTOL jets do we have? None?

• Like Like x 1
  3. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

G1 Thrust and T30 Sandstorm, but i'm having a hard time thinking of anyone else. I'd like to see more.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Technically Club Airazor, but there is also POTP Elita One now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    VTOL jets: Thrust and Skyfeather, and that's just off the top of my head. And really what is Windblade but a repainted, slightly retooled Slipstream? So four Autobot Helicopter limbs verses a hefty amount of Vtol jets. And out of those four only one unique, being Alpha Bravo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ricardo Dawkins

Ricardo Dawkins Well-Known Member

I would buy that version. Toy is quite unique....
    TR version looks good, too. But I'm not into buying DELUXE toys so I'm passing on her.

7. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

She's alright. One of the better fanbased figs. As a toy the generations and TR versions are decent but far from perfect. Generations is too delicate for my taste and TR seems a little too bulky (based on observation alone). Man I'm finicky lol

won't comment on RID, that line isn't my cup of tea

8. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

I haven't read the IDW comics in a couple of years and I don't watch the current RiD cartoon so I know nothing of the Windblade character outside of the fact that it's a fan voted character.

I passed on all the Windblade toys up to the TR version, which is on the way to me. I like the look of the character design as a general concept.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    Not a fan of her design, a generic Barbie-like robot with jet bits tacked on, with a goofy-looking headsculpt. IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Just gonna ignore the Alpha Bravo haters...

Never saw any of the T30 fembots, so I can't comment on that one. The Takara one's paint job does look nice, though.

RID Windblade isn't terrible. Mostly just paint issues holding it back, and I've long since fixed it. Probably one of my favorite RID figures yet. I'd recommend it to anyone who can paint. Kinda tempted to get the masked version too.

TR Windy seems like a waste of a mold slot to me. I'd much rather have a different character, Sideways or Nightbeat to name a few. The jet mode looks pretty bad, IMO, but she seems to have the best face sculpt out of all her figures, and best of all? she thicc

...So I'll consider picking that one up. I'll see what I can do about its jet mode.

There are a few fixes for that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gallade

Gallade The Ultimate Genius

News Credits:
    I never read the comics but I have watched RiD2015. Honestly, my opinion still kinda stands. I prefer Drift over her. I'm not saying she's bad as a character but after one toy and a comic series, she got overrated and overused, imo. Her toys are okay. The T30, though not perfect, was my favorite. Her TR one looks.. ok at best and the swords... don't fit. This really makes me wonder if they were planning to use Drift or another swordsman.

Speaking of Drift, so far I'm worried he's gonna suffer the same fate of being overused and overdone with the whole Asian stereotyping.

12. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

I don't read the comics or watch RiD. At first I thought her design was a bit geisha-ey for a Transformers figure, but it kind of grew on me. It is pretty.

I don't own any of her toys but a few have caught my eye. I wonder if a 3P will eventually do a really nice version of her in MP scale or thereabouts.

13. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I like TR Windblade. No Windblade has ever so far figured out what to do with the jet nose in robot mode, or the arms in jet mode, have they? RID Windblade had too much red and not enough of the other colors for my tastes, especially for the same price as a TR Deluxe, but I might consider a Takara Adventure version.

Don't care for T30's face sculpt. She looks like she just smelled something awful. Otherwise, the Takara Legends version would be kind of appealing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    What? The only thing Windblade and Slipstream had in common was that they both turned into jets and are women. Even when Takara retooled Slipstream from Windblade they changed her chest to give her Starscream's kibble and replaced her sword with Starscream's guns. One is a VTOL jet with a Japanese motif and a sword. The other is a female clone of Starscream.

Hefty amount? There's maybe four if we generously include Sandstorm (who has VTOL rotors but isn't a jet) and Skyfeather (a candy toy-only character). It's not a commonly used alt mode by any stretch of the imagination. And how is Alpha Bravo, the only helicopter without unique tooling, the unique one?

15. Gallade

Gallade The Ultimate Genius

News Credits:
    I think he meant Alpha Bravo is unique comic-wise, though I could be wrong.

16. snoopcow

snoopcow Yaranaika?

Weaboo trash, like Drift

• Like Like x 3
  17. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Has a cute hat.

News Credits:
    NUrid looks like a mess, TR Windblade pretty and really thicc and T30 is ok.

Character wise, I don't care about her, just a character that doesn't deserve the importance she gets.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Saito Satoru

Saito Satoru smile

News Credits:
    I have the TAV version before getting to know her more, and it was a solid toy. Great paint apps, servicable articulation, and a somewhat comic accurate altmode. I really like her.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Nah, he's specified he's taking about the toy multiple times, but the comic argument would be just as dumb, considering Alpha Bravo, Off-road and Rook have done nothing of real consequence there, Rook not even saying anything or being verbally acknowledged.

20. Tinbot

Tinbot Striving for lvl 99

I own the T30 windblade, it's still in the box, I got her as the whole line of t30 characters in their boxes look amazing as the variety and lines represent something for everyone.
    I'm not a MOC collector usually, but these have been the only toy line since g1 where I enjoyed the packaging enough to keep them like that.

• Like Like x 1