If you don't read the IDW comics or watch the RiD show, what do you think of Windblade as a toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Did you still buy her or do you think her toys are an easy pass?

2. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    Well, I don't watch the shows and only read her first miniseries long after her first toy came out. My thoughts were:

1. Generations Version: Nice, unique, pretty to look at. Stability issues and unfinished altmode out of the box. Still too unique to pass on. Would buy again.
    2. Combiner Wars Combiner Hunter Version: Paint not terribly different from first version, stability issues not addressed. Probably would have skipped if I could get Hunter Chromia alone for a good price.
    3. Takara Legends Version: Been kicking myself for ages for passing on her, got in on the reissue preorder the minute I saw it.
    3. RID Version: Nice, solid, stable. Altmode still a little iffy but overall an improvement. Problem is, she's now sporting RID aesthetics, and paint is lacking. Still, I like goils, so would buy again.
    4. Titans Return SDCC RID Repaint: Meh. Doesn't even look finished in those colors.
    5. RID Version 2.0: Huh. Don't hate the colors, not fond of mask sculpt, but its at least not a straight repaint. Solid "maybe."
    6. Titans Return Retail Version: Plan to snag her ASAP.

TL; DR version: All save the TR SDCC version are unique and nice enough to add to a collection despite some structural issues and/or not knowing the character. All that said, have we had too many? Particularly if we could trade a couple for other femmebots, like Elita-1 or a decent Airachnid? ...yeah.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    We've had three new bots(Alpha Bravo, Rook, and Offroad) who are far more interesting toys. Another jet, yaaaay.

4. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Don't read the comics but did sort of watch RID. Honestly didn't mind the character.

Generations- Didn't really care for any of the releases so skipped. The Legends one did tempt me for a bit but didn't really like the mold enough to import.
    RID- Is okay, don't hate it but don't feel the need to own it. I do like the SDCC deco matching Fort Max though. Not having a Fort Max makes it easy to skip though.
    TR- I really want, not really sure if I'll be able to get with all the Legends announcements though. At the very least I'll see if anyone is selling her head. Just really like the face sculpt.

5. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I have no interest in IDW, but I think this TR Windblade toy does look good.

I might like any repaint/retool of this mold as well.

6. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont read the idw comics nor do i watch the rid show. I bought the generation one although i wish i hadn't, i dont care for the figure. Bought the rid version because i wanted a better version of the generation one, but i never opened her. Bought the TR one but its still in my pol. Will probably get rid of the generation one, sans the sword and ill sell off the rid one if it become really valuable and keep the TR one with the generation sword.

7. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

Nah she doesn't fit my TF universe.Arcee on the other hand does.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Loathe IDW and don't watch NuRiD.
    Bought the Generations release because I like jet-formers and the overall appearance was pretty good. Tossed the comic and enjoyed the figure. I like it, but have absolutely no need for any other representations of the character.
    One and done.

9. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Don't read much IDW stuff, don't watch nuRiD.

From the moment I saw her I knew I needed the Generations version, love her despite her flaws (stability). I love that her wings are so articulated, so you can match how they move to indicate her feelings on the comic.

Legend version seems nice, but I didn't care for the colours, too red, I much prefer the black and red of the first one.

NuRiD version I was excited for, turned out to be really disappointing, worth nerfed articulation. Might get the repaint.

Wanna get the TR version, but my country is still at wave three of TR deluxes. Seems nice, though, even if a bit bulky for a fembot.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    IDW is trash and I don't watch RID. Mostly because I don't really watch TV anymore and anything I watch I catch on Netflix or whatever.

I like Windblade as she is. Some Japanese themed fembot. I took part in the fan vote so I felt obliged to get her. I'm a bit of a sucker for Asian themed Transformers. AoE/TLK Drift, Bludgeon, Windblade.

11. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I bought the toy before I saw her on the show or the comic. I think she's a cool looking character. I like the way she was represented on RID but not in the Combiner Wars animation at all.

12. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Sparkling Silver Wing

Instagram:
    I've never let not being familiar with the fiction stop me from buying toys. I liked how T30 Windblade look so I got her, overall I like her but she really needs some tabs to lock those heels.

13. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Terrible forced gimmick character (like Drift before Roberts got his hands on him). I honestly prefer Club Airazor for newer female jetformer character interacting with older g1 cast.

14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    In no universe is a pre-deco of Vortex more interesting then a completely unique figure.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Its a deluxe scale Autobot helicopter combiner limb. I can think of only one other character that fits that bill. Hmm, deluxe jet figures... No, you're right, Windblade is totally unique, can't think of any other deluxe Autobot jet figures at all.

• Like Like x 3
  16. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

I like her well enough. Generations toy has build issues, but is elegant and gorgeous to the point that all the hate is utterly lost on me.

17. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

I usually put fiction aside and just care about looks. Plus, it's fun to poke fun at people who hate her. lol

Personally, I like her RID version a bit more than the TR version. It has a slimmer builder and a bit more articulation. Even though the TR version has nicer facesculpt and the THICCness, I got turned off by the simple transformation.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    she was a toy first and a comic character second. the comics only focused upon her because she was the fan choice toy, that and she's female. a male character wouldn't have gotten as much focus.

• Like Like x 3
  19. FanboyX

FanboyX SUSAAAAAAAN!!!

She's got a unique appearance and I like VTOLs. I dont have one yet but i will when my T30 boxes start arriving.

Thought about the TR version but still undecided. I don't mind having doubles of characters if it makes sense. Such as TR Kup and Perceptor for the 86 movie shelf, Generations Sergeant Kup and PX Asclepius for the Wreckers shelf. We'll see.

20. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    As a figure ive been happy with her. I like the fanblade vtol design. I like how the fans are articulated. I like her overall design.

Even without enjoying her in the comics id have bought the three versions of her that I have (gen, tr, and takara adventure) personally I feel the takara version of the nurid mold is the best but I like the other two I have for what they are.

I also have the legends slipstream and am debating on the botcon airazor (pricing is holding me up) so I feel its fair to say design wise im a fan