If you created a new TF cartoon/comic/property...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheMarkSewell, May 12, 2012.

1. TheMarkSewell

TheMarkSewell Honorary Wrecker

How would you cast the main Autobots and Decepticons (or Maximals and Predacons, or something else you made up, or whatever)? What characters would you use and how would you use them?

I was thinking about this in the shower the other day for some reason, and I was trying to come up with how to best streamline each faction into a set of core characters who all have distinctly separate roles. Here's mine:

Autobots:

Optimus Prime - I'd make Optimus much more of a political leader than a warrior. I think it could make him a more interesting character. He'd be the guy with the big ideas and the mediator, but neither the guy who you'd go to for your battle plan nor the first guy you'd want to back you up in a fight.

Ironhide - Ironhide, on the other hand, would be ostensibly the military commander of the Autobots. This would be a smarter Ironhide than how he has sometimes been depicted, but still far from some sort of "intellectual". Ironhide has been around the block a few times, so he knows his shit, but he doesn't want to sit around and talk about it when he could be out blowing things up. His strategies would be crude, but highly efficient for it.

Bumblebee - Bumblebee feels to me like he has to be there, but usually he doesn't have a very well-defined purpose. By leaving out characters like Blurr and Mirage, I'd make it reasonable that Bumblebee would actually serve the role of a scout or a small-time spy. He'd be the smallest and fastest of the team. I'd also conflate him with Hot Rod a little by making him "the rookie".

Arcee - Arcee would be the most skilled fighter on the team, which gives her a purpose beyond being the girl because there's supposed to be a girl. She's highly valuable on the battlefield, but she's hotheaded and a little out-of-control. This is kind of a combination of her characterization in Prime and stealing a little bit of what might usually be Bumblebee's thing.

Grimlock - Grimlock would be just the character you'd expect him to be, and he'd be the main muscle on the Autobot side of things.

Ratchet - Ratchet is the medic, of course, and he's damn good at it, but sometimes it's hard to tell that he actually takes his job seriously. Extrapolating from Ratchet's sort of irreverent personality in G1, I'd make him more of a dick until he was kind of Gregory House.

Wheeljack - Wheeljack would probably be less bumbling that his G1 self, but no less eccentric. He'd be sort of a mad scientist who will come up with a lot of ridiculous gadgets to help the team. I like the idea of the Decepticons having very sleek tech, and the Autobots instead having some slapdash stuff that Wheeljack threw together out of spare parts that is probably pretty unwieldy but can make really big explosions.

Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and Red Alert - Having the two sets of guys with the most reused altmodes made me think that they should be like the Seeker equivalent for the Autobots--the regular infantry guys to pad out the troops. They'd all have their own personalities but it'd be mostly just little glimpses here and there for fanservice purposes. They wouldn't be as fleshed out as the main cast.

The Protectobots- They'd be the only Autobot-ish combiner team, and rather than having individual personalities, they'd be a hivemind possessing Defensor's general personality. Rather than being an actual loyal Autobot, Defensor would be ostensibly neutral and simply be concerned with keeping peace and protecting defenseless lifeforms. He'd be a sort of zen acetic who would be hard to understand for most of the Autobots except maybe Optimus.

Decepticons:

Megatron - Megatron would be pretty much Prime/WFC Megatron. A revolutionary who rose up against injustice but has been corrupted by his newfound power (and was probably a little deranged and misguided in the first place). Unlike Optimus who is more of a political figure than anything, Megatron would also be the most powerful warrior of the Decepticons, who have more of a "might makes right" attitude than the Autobots. I think that Megatron would always kick Optimus' ass in a one-on-one fight is probably a good dynamic.

Starscream - Starscream would be pretty standard Starscream. He's the commander of all of the generic troops, and kind of Megatron's whipping boy, but his treachery and intelligence combined with the fact that much of the Decepticon forces answer directly to him rather than to Megatron might turn out to be a problem when he gets sick of putting up with all of Megatron's shit...

Shockwave - Shockwave is the main muscle for the Decepticons, and his cold rationality serves as a counterpoint for Grimlock, his Autobot equivalent. He is certainly more loyal to Megatron than Starscream is, but his true master is his own intellect, and when Megatron's plans don't make sense, he just can't bring himself to carry them out, and this sometimes creates trouble within the Decepticon ranks--trouble that Starscream hopes to capitalize on.

Soundwave - The whole "communications officer" thing seems stupid to me, so I'd toss it out altogether. Soundwave would be Megatron's chief adviser. Megatron would blow you to pieces if you were to say so, but he does know he's not actually the smartest guy around. Soundwave would be Megatron's go-to guy for advice and intel, and also Megatron's spy within his own ranks, because Megatron can smell that something's up. Soundwave is smart, not tough--scarcely a fighter himself, he'd prefer to sit back and let the cassette bots do the work.

Swindle - Swindle is where the Decepticons get all their spiffy new tech. He'd be pretty much entirely his Animated self. There's no other Combaticons in this universe.

Bludgeon - Bludgeon is the most skilled warrior of the Decepticons. He is motivated primarily by his thirst for battle and has a sense of honor that most other decepticons lack. He sees much of himself in Arcee, who he sees as his only potential equal among the Autobots and hopes one day to duel to the death.

Tarantulas - A Decepticon "medic" and scientist, he is a socipath who more often than not creates horrifying abominations out of those he is tasked with repairing. Much like almost everyone else, he serves himself moreso than the Decepticon cause and is most concerned with seeing the destruction that his creations can cause.

The Seekers - The Seekers, pretty much like in G1, are the generic Decepticon troops commanded by Starscream. Like the group of Autobot cars I mentioned, the ones that are actually characters might get a little bit of fanwanky characterization here or there, but they won't have much real depth or development, and are there mostly to be cannon fodder.

The Constructicons - Once a group of high-ranking, intelligent Decepticons, they are now reduced to a goup of babbling, traumatized, soulless hunks of their former selves after Tarantulas' greatest experiment yet gave them the power to combine into the horrifying, raging beast that is Devastator, whose destructive capabilities are unmatched, but can scarcely be controlled even by Megatron.

2. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobots
    rodimus prime
    ultra magus
    blaster
    goldbug
    trainbots

decepticons
    galavtron
    cyclous
    soundwave
    rumble
    dinoforce

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Basic idea, the Decepticons won the war and taken over Earth. Optimus Prime falls in battle to Megatron and most high ranking Autobots died in battle or after it. The humans are made into slaves and forced to work harvest Energon. Megatron makes Soundwave the leader of Decepticon control Earth and leaves to aid Shockwave on Cybertron. Grimlock becomes the leader of the Autobots and fights back to liberate Earth.

Bots:
    Grimlock (Non idiot)
    Hound
    Warpath
    Silverbolt
    Arcee (TFP like)
    Red Alert (Fembot)

Cons:
    Soundwave
    Jetstorm
    Lugnut
    Blitzwing (Animated like)
    Slipstream
    Strika

4. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Autobots:

Main Cast:
    Optimus Prime - Gary Chalk
    Hot Shot - Roger Craig Smith
    Red Alert - Kevin Conroy
    Wheeljack - James Horan
    Hound - David Kaye

Later Introductions:
    Crosswise - Nolan North
    Scattorshot - Chris Cox
    Jazz - Phil LaMarr
    Override - Sumalee Montano
    Silverstreak - Neil Patrick Harris

Decepticons:

Main Cast:
    Megatron - David Kaye
    Starscream - Steve Blum
    Soundwave - Frank Welker
    Demolishor - Alvin Sanders
    Tidal Wave - Nolan North
    Cyclonus - Mark Hamill

Later Introductions:
    Ransack - Will Friedle
    Scourge - Christopher R. Sabat
    Brimstone - Terry Klassen
    Thundercracker - Blu Mankuma

Other:
    Sideways - John DiMaggio
    Nemesis Prime - Peter Cullen

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Hot Shot, Hot Rod and Bumblebee are a new generation of Autobots in a Young Justice Knock Off series adapted for Transformers.

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    TV Show: Transformers: Broken alliances.

Plot: Optimus Prime and Megatron are dead, sacrficing themselves to stop Unicron from destroying a peaceful Cybertron. Unicron gone, a group of survivors decicde to desert thier dying planet, and most of it'd doomed population. They find themselves on Earth, where they discover Humans's oil can be turned into Energon, which they desperatly need. But the alliance is broken, as a group wants to suck the planet dry, as the others want to gather material peacefully. They name thier fractions Autobots, and Decepticons.

Characters/cast
    Autobots
    Rodimus Prime- Judd Nelson
    Override- April Stewart
    Hound- Fred Tatascoire
    Trailbreaker- Corey Burton
    Leadfoot- John DiMaggio
    Steeljaw- generic dog noises by Frank Welker
    Chromia- Mila Kunis

Decepticons
    Straxus- Peter Cullen (Oh, yeah. I said it)
    Shockwave- Corey Burton
    Slipstream- Tara Strong
    Sideways- John DiMaggio
    Barricade- Keith David
    Barrage- Fred Tatasciore
    Grindor- Fred Tatascoire

I think I've done the best thus far...

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Autobots:
    Optimus
    Ironhide
    Dinobots
    Ratchet
    Wheeljack
    Prowl
    Drift
    Warpath
    EDIT:
    Protectobots
    Aerialbots

Decepticons:
    Megatron
    Starscream (mentioned but dead)
    Skywarp
    TC
    Combaticons
    Stunticons
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Sixshot
    Runamuck
    Runabout
    Barricade
    Sideways
    Straxus

8. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I call my Transformers Continuity "Beyond". I have yet to finish my Premise, but it takes place in Sherman, Illinois. It's Like the Movies, Prime, Aniamted & Among other series put together.

Main Characters/cast
    Autobots:
    Optimus Prime - Clancy Brown
    Bumblebee - Steven Blum (Need someone who sounds like Dan Glizevan)
    Ratchet - Kevin Michael Richardson
    Jazz - John DiMaggio (His Rumored voice for Fall of Cybertron, also the 2nd time by the the always outrageous Aquaman & Futurama actor)
    Bulkhead - Brad Garrett (Though Bulky is huge, Brad is also Huge. And the Second time by Hydro-Man)

Decepticons
    Megatron - John DiMaggio
    Starscream - John Kassir (Continuing Off Steven Blum's Legacy of Deadpool voicing Starscream)
    Soundwave - Keith Szarabajka
    *Laserbeak - John Kassir (Talks like his counterpart from DOTM)
    Flatline - Matthew Frewer (The Leader)
    *Kickback - Mark Hamill (Flatline's Obscure Lackey AKA Gargoyle)
    Slipstream - Claudia Black (Speaking in a English accent like The Cheetah from Justice League: Doom)

Got Some more soon.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I had an idea like this a while ago, which I actually did do something with, but to add here, these are the main characters I cooked up for just such an exercise:

For Autobots you have Optimus, a jaded, young smart-alec who spends more time lamenting his situation than attempting to better it. Nontheless incredibly strong-willed, hardy and skilled, sometimes.

Ironhide, Optimus' closest friend whom he pals around with. Far from complex, and not often held down by concerns. Built like a brick in more ways than one.

Road Rage, sweet as can be in robot mode, nasty, vindictive and foul-mouthed in vehicle mode. Care-free and inquisitive. Not above voicing her discomfort with, well, anything.

Jetfire, old and confused. Very confused. Former Decepticon before they sucked, to him. Mostly just along for the ride. His bouts of ranting and wandering mean he's as much a charge as an asset.

Botanica, who's a bit of a bookworm. Exotic and open-minded, she's her own person, but doesn't mind going with the flow until it goes the wrong way.

Decepticons include Megatron, who's misplaced upper-class sense belies a slight lack in the sanity stockpile. Laid-back, he knows his ultimate goal and would rather work around problems rather than solve them.

Obsidian, who's disatisfied nature has landed him in hot water. Probably the only true villain, his weak body nevertheless makes him just a follower, albeit an ambitious one.

Strika, the deffinaition of a perfect underling. Incredibly strong and loyal, she's not the sharpest knife, but is far from dimwitted. Self-appointed bodyguard, she'll happily go on any mission or smash anybody Megatron wants her to.

Shockwave, cold and robotic. His calculating nature is a result of an assasination attempt. He follows Megatron, but only because their goals are the same. He doesn't have the capacity to be treacherous... or loyal.

Starscream is just stupid. Or is he? Yes. Or not so much? But probably. Maybe? Sure. Question mark? Period.

Soundwave, the runt of the bunch. Loyal of course, but finds himself the only voice of reason among everyone everywhere. Or rather the stuttering, confused meeps of reason. Insecure, but hardly without reason. What he lacks in physical abilities he makes up for in competance alone.

10. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Wow OP, can you make that a show? I love all of those ideas, like, a lot.

11. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you created

I'd have all the transformers in a royal rumble to the death.

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

TRANSFORMERS: MASK

It is the year 2084. The Autobot-Decepticon war of old has been long over for some many decades...yet old hatreds refuse to die so easily. Some months prior to the start of our adventures, a cult of Cybertronians - Autobots, Decepticons, neutrals - have come to see organics as poison in the universe, blaming Optimus Prime and his devotion to their protection for the ultimate loss of their homeworld, and thus have lured the Autobot leader to the distant world of Nebulos with a false distress signal. When a detachment of Autobots and humans led by a larger and more experienced Bumblebee and a twentysomething science prodigy, Dr. Matthew Trakker, show up on Nebulos to attempt a rescue after having discovered the faux nature of the signal, they make a couple of grim discoveries:
    * The cultists, led by a coldly intellectual, well-refined Ra's Al Ghul-type called Skybyte, are using Nebulos as point zero to engage in horrific experiments in bio-chemical weaponry and bio-mechanics, their purpose being to purge organic life from the universe and shape it anew;
    * Nebulos, while itself devoid of any indigenous humanoid life, does happen to host to a colony of refugees who shunned technology when their own scientific advances ended up doing more harm than good to their native world, and;
    * Optimus Prime and the few Autobots he had with him...Are All Dead.

That last point is particularly critical because, as the Autobots learn, while Skybyte's lackeys did shoot Optimus' ship down, they're also still looking for any trace of it...meaning the marauders don't know yet they've actually succeeded in killing the leader of the Autobots in a turn of dumb luck where the countless machinations of Megatron failed. What's more, given their anti-technology stance, and the fact that the Autobots themselves are walking, talking technology, the Nebulans refuse to yield to any of their ranks EXCEPT Optimus, for whom they've gained an abiding respect just out of the spread of his legend across the cosmos; they won't even listen to the advice of Trakker and his fellow humans. So what's a seasoned Autobot espionage director to do?

Answer: reformat, pass himself off as the big guy a la G1 Punch/Counterpunch or Animated Shockwave/Longarm Prime, and hope he keeps the charade up long enough to convince the Nebulans to evacuate.

But even after "Optimus Prime" makes his triumphant "return", the situation becomes more complicated. While the Nebulons seem to trust in "Optimus" to protect them from Skybyte, they refuse to abandon their new world. Also, Skybyte relishes the apparent fact that their greatest enemy has survived after all, and devises to counter by resurrecting the one Decepticon capable of taking him on...a plan that goes great, except for the fact that, unbeknownst to the finned one, Megatron isn't quite himself anymore. Not to mention that certain human higher-ups above even Trakker - specifically Earth's appointed military liaison, General Miles Mayhem - have taken a particular interest in learning more of Skybyte's "experiments"; or the fact that cooperation with the Autobots is creating tensions among Nebulon authority figures. And on top of all that, a near-death experience during a surprise attack on the Autobot Moonbase over Earth in which Optimus is seen among the deceased 'bots of the past, and the revelation that Optimus himself appears to be alive but hasn't bothered to check in, leads to suspicion amid Autobot Command as to just whether or not this red-and-blue 'bot really is Optimus Prime...

Admittedly, the use of MASK in the title is meant more to be symbolic to Bumblebee's impersonation (and perhaps Megatron's private struggle to fight off being possessed) than it is to all the homages to Mobile Armored Strike Kommand...not a crossover in the conventional sense. But the whole thing is basically meant to address - in my own snarky way - sore spots like "There's too much of Bumblebee in the TF franchise!" (by having him split his time between being 'Bee and pretending to be Optimus) or "They better not kill Optimus again!" (by having him already dead when the show starts). Plus, since the Nebulons in this iteration have rejected advanced technology, there's no particularly hyper-futuristic/spacey-looking vehicles around and thus nothing for the Autobots to reformat into from their Earth-based modes (which would be no more futuristic even in the 2084 time frame than, say, Armada) - the 'Robots In Disguise' aspect of it would be centered mostly on the Optimus who isn't really Optimus and the Megatron who may or may not be Megatron depending on which personality is in control of him at the time...

As for the cast, I'm not much for voice actors, so I'll just have to list my character picks I made earlier, with some added points:

AUTOBOTS
    Bumblebee/"Optimus Prime"
    Side Burn
    Hot Shot (Side Burn's twin - the comedy-relief duo)
    Wing Saber (the team's muscle)
    Override (the level-headed but sassy-tongued chick)
    Safeguard (the cool warrior of few words, a single robot who splits into two different alt-modes)
    Tailgate (the hothead with a knack for getting himself repeatedly shot up and torn up)
    TBOB (Teletran Battle Operations Bionic - essentially drone remotes which enable the 'bots' Teletran computer system to have a field presence; they exist mostly to be destroyed in all sorts of novel and darkly-comic ways in each episode)

HUMAN/NEBULON ALLIES
    Matthew "Spectrum" Trakker (prodigious young leader of the rescue expedition and chief scientific advisor)
    Bruce "Lifter" Sato (Engineer and generally a 'big brother' to Matt)
    Alix "Jackrabbit" Sek'tr (Nebulon cultural and wildlife specialist...shades of Spock)
    Dustin "Backlash" Hayes (All-terrain driver/pilot, munitions expert and gourmand...the gonzo one)
    Gloria "Collider" Baker (Navigator and hand-to-hand combat expert...as much Matt's 'big sister' as Bruce is his 'big brother)
    Brad "Hocus-Pocus" Turner (Climber, pilot and guitarist)
    Hondo "Blaster" MacLean (Weaponier and history buff)
    Bud "Clutch" Hawks (Mechanic and stealth specialist)
    Calhoun "Gullliver" Burns (Architect and rider)
    Jacques "Maraj" LaFleur (Geological/meteorological expert and wood/stonecutter)
    Julio "Streamer" Lopez (Linguist and medic not much older than Matt)
    Ace "Ricochet" Riker (Pilot and tool-and-die man)
    Boris "Bull" Bushkin (Gunner who used to work for Mayhem...doesn't much like him)

HUMAN/NEBULON PAINS-IN-THE-@$$
    Miles "Viper" Mayhem (The Thunderbolt Ross of the show...has his own nefarious secret ends)
    S'lai "Stiletto" Raxx (Nebulon con artist, gets under both Trakker's AND Mayhem's skin)
    Clifford "Torch" Daggar (Demolitionist and brawler, always trying to pick a fight with somebody)
    Vanessa "Whip" Warfield (One of Mayhem's moles on Trakker's team, carries on a flirtatious partnership with Brad Turner)
    Bruno "Mad Dawg" Shephard (Another brawler, also a womanizer)
    Nash "Powerhouse" Gorey (Another Mayhem lackey and a real suck-up)
    Lester "Mudslinger" Sledge (A trooper who sees Trakker as just some overprivileged rich kid and therefore doesn't respect him)
    Floyd "Buckshot" Malloy (Bad-boy biker with a penchant for eavesdropping and general voyeurism)

DECEPTICONS
    Megatron (Patchworked back together a la ROTF, but living in a walking hodgepodge of parts is the least of his problems...especially with the "spirit" of a certain dearly-departed Decepticon Air Commander fighting for control of said walking hodgepodge of parts; basically, a new twist on the Megatron/Starscream relationship)
    Skybyte (still a poet, but also genuinely more menacing a presence...shades of Vincent Price in the character)
    Demolishor (sheer brute force...not much of a talker)
    Alpha-Quintesson (a POW who keeps ranting about his "master" Unicron's eventual return and cosmic wrath, which none of his comrades take seriously at all; here he's Skybyte's mad-scientist medic)
    Thunderblast (the group's resident ninja, spy and field agent. She's the 'quiet one')
    Lugnut (still a Megatron bootlick, though a lot less fanatical)
    Knockout (Skybyte's mechanic...not as vain as his current incarnation, but still gets uppity whenver you mess with his handiwork).

Beast Wars characters would be relegated to guest-star status, if they showed up at all, and even then it'd be a time-travel "Legion Of Superheroes" homage where they come from even further in the future, the Maximals to prevent catastrophic changes to history by the Predacons. As for other homages to past Hasbro or Hasbro-acquired toy lines...there would be probably be things like mention of a space battleship called the U.S.S. Flagg (G.I. Joe), Starlight Records would still exist in this time period (Jem & The Holograms), Gobotron would be mentioned as a Cybertronian colony world, and the Battle Beasts would probably actually show up in some form.

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'd like something that covers the Great War on Cybertron OR something not unlike G1 Season 3, a sprawling space opera that shows the restoration of Cybertron to a Second Golden Age while dealing the Decepticons forging alliances with other races and establishing other strong holds in the galaxy.

14. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Autobots:

Ratchet: Ambulance. Extremely capable surgeon. Admired by all - even Decepticons think twice about whether or not to attack him. He is secretly addicted to synthetic energon, though, and sometimes he goes beserk and calls himself "Rhinox". He used to compete with Tarantulas for grant money.

Cosmos: Various UFOs (he changes alt modes every episode; each one is some kind of variation on various flying saucers and such). Loves to fly at night. Feels like he isn't a member of the team, but that's because he prefers drifting around in space, rather than doing normal Autobot stuff. Has a personal vendetta with Storm Surge.

Stinkbomb: Skunk. A very cunning soldier and expert in psychological warfare. Has a large collection of various gases he uses to incapacitate enemies. Used to work in deep cover as a Decepticon, and so they hate him profoundly.

Decepticons:

Razorclaw: Fiddler Crab. He was the only Decepticon willing to take power of the faction (or, at least, the only one that was capable enough). Very patient and very smart. He's always two steps ahead of everyone. Has a deep sense of honor and pride, and he respects most of his opponents. Loves to hide in the sand and grab unsuspecting enemies.

Skullgrin: Some huge-ass tank. Razorclaw's most trusted general He learned everything he knows about warfare from great Decepticons like Onslaught and Obsidian. He also used to be a Cybertronian actor and was Sky-Byte's protege. His sole purpose in life is to have Razorclaw's reign extend to infinity and have himself be remembered by all as the very model of a modern major-general.

Dirge: F-15. Mournful and morose (due to the deaths of the other Coneheads). Like most other Decepticons, he's more concerned with himself, but it's because he always gets injured (basically he gets hurt a lot, like BW Waspinator, but he has a different personality), not so that he can get more power. Good friends with Dead End.

Dead End: Jaguar XJ220. Depressed and withdrawn. The only remaining Stunticon. He was once merged with the others as Menasor, until the gestalt was horribly mutilated during the Great War. The other four Stunticons were killed, but Dead End was shaken enough to think that he died as well. He now fights with complete disregard for his safety, as he truly believes that he's already dead. Good friends with Dirge.

Drill Bit: Boll Weevil. Assistant to both Razorclaw and Tarantulas. Secretly he wants to be leader, but he knows that he can't do it. Being around Tarantulas has made Drill Bit's mental state deteriorate a bit, and Drill Bit has a lot of trouble keeping Tarantulas' experiments secret.

Tarantulas: Some disgusting purple spider that I don't want to think about. The head of science. Disregards Razorclaw's rule, but that is because he's too busy with his horrific experiments. Drill Bit relays information back and forth between Tarantulas and Razorclaw. He used to compete with Ratchet for grant money.

Jetstorm: Dragonfly. Snobbish and refined. Used to be one of Cybertron's elite, but his fortune withered away as Cybertron fell. Hated by all due to his vain behavior. He's an extremely powerful soldier though, and he doesn't give up.

Storm Surge: Icthyosaurus. A very intelligent architect. He looks up to Razorclaw and is always smothering him with various architectural designs. Razorclaw appreciates his bravado, but Storm Surge isn't much of a soldier. Still, he boosts morale. Has a personal vendetta with Cosmos.

Retrax: Pill Bug. Demolitions expert and arms dealer. Supplies the other Decepticons with the biggest and best weapons. Bit of a slob. Wants to fights, but always decides not to. He's always the first to show up to a battle, but also the first to flee. Loves rolling around in his alt mode.

Thrust: F-15. One of Dirge's "brothers". Very loud and also very cowardly, preferred to make the other Coneheads do his dirty work. Already dead, only appears in flashbacks.

Ramjet: F-15. One of Dirge's "brothers". Stubborn and dumb. Extremely loyal to Thrust. Already dead, only appears in flashbacks.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Here's my continuity's cast:

Autobots:

Optimus Prime - Michael Dorn
    Prowl - Crispin Freeman
    Hot Shot - Will Friedle
    Red Alert - Tara Strong or Maurice LaMarche (have not choosen the gender)
    Hound - Brian Bloom
    Warpath - Dan Castallaneta

Ultra Magnus - J.K Simmons
    Wheeljack - John DiMaggio
    Jazz - Phil LaMarr
    Scattorshot - Jeff Bennett
    Crosswise - Alan Tudyk
    Evac - John DiMaggio
    Whirl - Dwight Schultz
    Sideburn - Josh Keaton
    Heatwave - Steve Blum
    Blaster - Christopher B. Duncan
    Omega Supreme - Kevin Michael Richardson
    Wheelie - Tom Kenny

Alpha Trion - Malcolm McDowell

Decepticons:

Megatron - Clancy Brown
    Starscream - Steve Blum or John Kassir
    Soundwave/Laserbeak - Keith Szarabajka
    Flatline - Robert Englund
    Bonecrusher - Thomas F. Wilson or JB Blanc
    Wind Sheer - Jennifer Hale (a femebot based on Armada Wheeljack)

Shockwave - Corey Burton or Greg Ellis
    Swindle - Gary Cole
    Canonball - Brian Doyles Murray
    Bludgeon - James Sie
    Trypticon - Brad Garrett
    Thunderwing - Mark Hamill
    Sky-Byte - Maurice LaMarche
    Sideways - John DiMaggio
    Ravage - Steve Blum
    Frenzy - Reno Wilson
    Crankcase - Dave Fennoy
    Thunderblast - Laura Bailey
    Jetfire - Dee Bradley Baker
    Gigatron - Ron Perlman

The Fallen - Tony Todd or Jonathan Adams

16. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    autobots
    star saber
    Greenlight
    hotshot
    perceptor
    blaster
    chromedome

cons
    overlord
    spacecase
    Slipstream
    razorclaw
    skywarp

the premise is that they are mapping the galaxy and the decepticons are attempting to stop them from setting up bases as they are hunting for new.energy sources. in the process they get caught between a civil war in a particular galaxy and the war escalates when the decepticons share tf tech with them.

17. UltraAlanMagnus

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    To Continue off my Beyond series, there are some noticable characters & voices you may know:

Characters/cast
    Autobots:
    Ironhide - Keith Szarabajka
    Arcee - Grey DeLisle
    Sideswipe - James Remar
    Ricochet - Carlos Alazraqui
    Hot Shot - Robin Atkin Downes
    Wheeljack - Jeff Bennett
    Mirage - Mark Hamill (Based off of Luke Skywalker)
    Perceptor - Robin Atkin Downes
    Wheelie - Tom Kenny
    Brains - John DiMaggio
    Omega Supreme - Mark Hamill
    Downshift - Philip Proctor (Based off of DOTM Wheeljack)
    Prowl - Alan Tudyk

Decepticons
    Shockwave - Nolan North (Speaking in a French Accent)
    Sky Shadow - Kevin Conroy
    Breakdown - George Newbern
    Barricade - Michael Dorn
    Trypticon - John DiMaggio
    Sunstorm - Mark Hamill
    Skyquake - Dwight Schultz

Others
    The Fallen - Samuel Witwer (AKA Darth Maul)

18. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Well I have my own TF universe called Transformers Conquest
    Its sometime in the future but its not a wacky kind of future like the old 80s series had.
    It focuses on the Transformers there is very little human involvement.
    When the Autobot Decepticon War began on earth during the 80s the war only raged on both sides received heavy casualties and loses but perhaps the earth itself and the human race where the largest casualty.As parts of the earth became a barren wasteland other parts where seized by Decepticon forces and others protected by Autobot troops.What was left of the human race had no choice but to go off world to try and find resources to rebuild earth or even find a new planet to inhabit. As some humans decided to stay on earth and with the help of the autobots built new cities which are also protected by Autobots.

Different squadrons and groups of Autobot and Decepticon Forces are spread out across the galaxy.As the Autobots attempt to protect and keep hold of their strongholds the Decepticons attempt to attack and conquer.As Megatron and his Decepticons have already conquered many worlds Optimus Prime and his Autobots try and do all they can to defend earth and Cybertron which itself is also in a state of war.

That kinda the main premise of it here are a list of some of the characters

Decepticons
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Overcast
    Scourge
    Cyclonus
    Straxus
    Lockdown
    Axor
    Tarantulas
    Bonecrusher
    Long Haul
    Thrust
    Overlord
    and many more

Autobots
    Optimus Prime
    Ironhide
    Jazz
    Ultra Magnus
    Prowl
    Kup
    Drift
    Landmine
    Roadbuster
    Ratchet
    Grimlock
    And many more
    Also another thing to note is that this continuity does NOT fit in with the TF multiverse its completely separate from it

19. UltraAlanMagnus

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Kudos to your Single universe. :) 

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd set up a series with almost entirely new characters, in a future when Cybertronians haven't been at war for millenia. Unicron is not only dead, but barely remembered at all. Now, though, it is learned that Unicron was not the sole incarnation of chaos and destruction, but one of many brothers, who are destined to devour first all of the stars and planets of every galaxy, and then each other. The march toward this endgame has been slowly accelerating for eons without notice, but now it has quickened to the point that the universe doesn't have much time left. The Matrix is long since lost if it even exists. A young Autobot and his wizened mentor, the first to understand the threat, must set out in search of a way to end the mechanical giants, assembling a band of comrades as they travel the stars. No huge war this time. No repeated skirmishes between two entrenched teams of fighters. Just a high adventure space opera at the end of all things.