If You Could...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spiritprime, Jan 9, 2011.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    If you could introduce the Dinobots in the Movieverse, then how would you do it?

For me, I would have Wheeljack come to Earth, come up with a speculation after watching Jurassic Park or Land Before Time or any other dinosaur movies or documentries many times, and start designing the Dinobots - Grimlock, Sludge, and Slag. But there would be a problem. Since there would be no sparks, Wheeljack would use three Allspark fragements that the Autobots found some time ago.

However, the dinosaur forms of the Dinobots would be their main forms and they would not be able to transform into their robot modes for quite sometime until their sparks are strong enough to transform their massive bodies or until they are more than several months old or something like that.

So tell me. How would you do it?

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I really wouldn't. I just don't see the actual Dinobots working for a moden live action TF film without it coming off as completely absurd.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    For the "Dinobots", simple, just anamatronics from the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios that came to life via AllSpark or the Matrix.

If no dinosaur modes, then the "Dynobots" are simply an elite fighting group for the Autobots (like an early version of the "Wreckers"). Same names, just military modes (or Cybertronic) and a lot of cans of whoop-ass.

4. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

I was thinking of the dino animatronics on the set of the movie,since they are full body.Then they would be on earth searching for the autobots for quite some time. Once they find them in Chicago,they join the battle> :bay  and win. :cool: 

5. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Yeah as much as it sounds odd saying Dinobots aren't "real" enough to fit into a movie about Giant transforming alien robots, that's the case. Bay has attempted to ground the film as much as possible, so Dinobots would be a stretch. The only way I could see them working is use the character names and give them large, hulking military vehicles.

6. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Um actually the Stan Winston Animatronics had certain body parts separated for ease of use. Like the legs are a separate set and the body is another.

If the dinobots were in tf3 I'd think they could be animatronic dinosaurs brought to life. and their skin could flesh out like a pretenders and fold away when they transform.

7. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

I would go with the Dynobots approach, badass commando unit, with military alt modes.
    but a big problem with the Dinobots is how the movie goes for realistic scale with vehicles, Swoop would be the biggest unless he took on a unmanned aircraft appearance. but then we would get all the idiot fanboys who just want G1 in CGI complaining how easily they could of made them have dinosaur forms, Ultimately it would just be better to have a group of made up characters or others that are easier to re-invent, like the wreckers (as stated on Impactors tfwiki main pic he is the Made up leader of the Nobody Squad )

8. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

I would be more interested in the voice actors each doing a cameo in the vehicle they are voicing.

9. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I'd either go with A) the aforementioned route of having them have military/SWAT-type alt-modes and calling them the "Dynobots", or B) have them transform from vehicles into dinosaur-like modes in place of a proper robot mode, which I don't think would be that much of a stretch given how many of the established Movie TFs thus far have things like haunches and claws.

10. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

That is my thought too. They have always been strong in their Dino modes than robot modes, so why go robot at all? Just make them double badass as tanks that turn into dino-looking bots

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Military/Cybertronian modes that kind of resemble dinosaurs. No pronunciation of the word "D(i/y)nobot" anywhere.

12. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

I'd have them as some kind of Autobot heavy commando team that have been stuck on a planet where there are some sort of indigenous Dinosaur-like creatures. So they wanted to blend in.
    Upon arrival on Earth, they decide to keep their altmodes because they're stubborn, used to them, fight better with them and dont need to hide.

That's all I've got.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I would have Wheeljack, Magnus/Sentinel, and Hotrod come down to earth with a small army of drones built by Wheeljack to be some extra muscle upon arrival, they scan through the internet to find the most approporiate alternate form, one that will provide them with massive amounts of power, plus be large enough for their bodies. they end up becoming dinosaurs. IF I were charged with the job of putting them into the movieverse, thats how i would do it. I probably wouldnt, given the option, but I think it works best like that. plus then their dino modes can look sleek and epic and completely fictional-no worries about becoming monstertruck dinos or whatever

14. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    The Dreads are captured and reformatted by Ratchet, and the first thing they see is "Land Before Time".

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two words:

Monster Trucks

(1500th post THUMBS UP FOR HAVING TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS!!!)

16. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'd actually have them as Decepticons to begin with, a special unit of savage yet honorable warriors brought to earth with the specific purpose of scaring the living shit out of the human race. And what better way to do so than choosing dino alt modes?

Shit happens, dinobots end up falling in love with earth, they come to respect Optimus as a leader and join the autobot cause, yada yada yada and they all become bestest bumchums and mince off into the sunset together.

Oh and they'll never be called the Dynobots either. Its silly.

17. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Really, after what you type, and you finish with the word 'Dynobots' being 'silly'?

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    What I wrote is pure fried cool, which is a bona-fide FACT because I say so and theres nothing you can do to change that fact. Dynobots is silly because a.) Its a bit coincidental that a group called the Dynobots would later go on to take Dinosaur alt modes, making their new group name an uncharacteristically cheeky little play on words and B.) Dynobots reminds me of DynoRod, a call out service that unclogs shit-filled drains.

19. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I would just let'em find the Dinobots somewhere, somehow. Just like they found Jetfire. The Dinobots might have get lost while they were on Earth with the 13 Primes. They might be covered by Magma or something like that and went into stasis lock until they are found and freed.