If you could switch characters from DC to Marvel (or vice versa)...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by payton34, Aug 22, 2011.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...who would you pick, and why?

If there are characters in the DC universe that would be better suited in the Marvel universe, which character(s) would you choose and why would they make a better fit in that universe, with those new characters?

For example:

Personally, I think that Marvel hasn't really explored the character of Doctor Strange they way they should (so many great supernatural stories are possible, and instead he's conjuring spells to battle the Hulk, etc), and think he would make a better fit in the DC Universe (specifically Vertigo, if that imprint even exists anymore).

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I don't care for the magical characters, so I'd send Dr. Strange and Thor both to DC.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Joe Quesada has said in the past that Batman feels like a Marvel character- tragic back story, lots of issues. I agree, and would love to see it at some point. In the meantime, a DC version of Spider-Man, interacting with the Titans and Justice League, would be a pretty good fit. Maybe in the far future, DC and Marvel could trade them for a year. It'd be a great selling point for both characters and both companies, and a lot of fun for fans to boot. I'd probably buy the entire year's worth of both books, and I currently buy no Batbooks, and I only get Spidey in Avengers-related stuff.
    DC and Marvel could even do a miniseries leading up to the switch, and a 'homecoming' miniseries as well.
    Obviously, they'd have to agree on things like no major changes to the status quo, how many supporting cast members go along with them, etc.

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I'd put Batman and Green Lantern in the Marvel Universe, so Marvel would have all the good superheroes.

I keed! I keed! *murdered with bricks*

5. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    You know what, I'd buy both series, as well. I think that's a great idea. Too bad the money grabbers will never let it happen...

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm send Wolverine to DC and bring The Joker to the Marvel Universe as a Iron Man Villain.

7. hthrun

Ebay:
    Ha ha! No thanks, keep the rich vigilante who dresses like a bat and the guy with a magic ring in DC :) 

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I wouldn't at all.

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'd bring Nightwing to Marvel. I don't read DC, and I'd like to read Nightwing.

10. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I could get on board with Tim in the 616.

11. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Why not just bring back the Amalgamated universe if that's what you want. Personally I have no real ideas on this subject, just thought I'd bring up their last collaborative project.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Take the concept of alien symbiotes from the Spider-Man books and move it over to the Green Lantern titles. Any pre-existing symbiote characters stay with the Spider-Man books and the Spider-Man titles also get Shark from the Green Lantern books.

- Temporarily move the Cyborg Superman over to Marvel and make him a Fantastic Four villain, with the dual motivations of ruining Reed Richards' life and getting hold of the Ultimate Nullifier.

13. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I'd like to take not just the character, but also his "sphere of influence" (origins, location, allies, rogues basically his whole mini-verse) to the other side.

If that was the case I would bring Batman to Marvel along with Gotham City, Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin, Joker etc. I think the Batverse would fit in well in the 616 and Marvel does teams really well and it's always been my dream to see a "Bat family" book with Bruce, Dick, Tim, Barbara, Cass and (maybe) Selina all starring..

And I would bring Thor to DC along with Loki, Odin, Heimdall, Asgard, Yggdrasill and the 9 realms. I don't read much Marvel nowadays but I gotta admit I've always been fascinated by the Asgardian side of things and enjoyed reading it. I could see some epic encounters between Captain Marvel and Loki or Thor and Superman etc. I also think Asgard would fit well into the DCU.

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Asgard vs. New Gods?

15. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    So like Heroes Reborn, then?

Just not in their own specific bubble like those series were. But the idea you're describing is pretty much the same.

Just keep Rob Liefeld away from it this time.

16. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Hmmm... tough question.

I think I'm move Green Arrow, Plastic Man and Catwoman over to Marvel. They'd be good over there.

On the flipside, Black Cat, Mr. Fantastic and Hawkeye would be great additions to DC.

17. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I wouldn't want it to be permanent, but I'd inject Deadpool into the DC Universe and watch the chaos ensue. "Geoff Johns isn't involved in this book is he?! Me and that dude have issues..."

18. hthrun

Ebay:
    Deadpool can make anything better!

19. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quoted for truth.

20. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Just move Batman, Dick Grayson and all of the Flashes into Marvel then kill the DCU.