If you could redo the FIRST movie...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WreckNRule426, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Remove Meagan Fox and replace her with Wheeljack. He and Sam hook up at the start and a wonderful bromance that develops over the course of the whole film. The movie ends with a closeup of epic brofisting.

2. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    THIS :lol 

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I would only change 2 things.

-Tell us where Barricade went.
    -More damage done to Prime, by Bonecrusher

4. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Jazz's character, make him more "immortally cool" (tfa style) and maybe stripes on the solstice.

or, use an upscale car for jazz, and put deadlock in a solstice gxp drift car (slightly weaponized) to aid barricade, halfway into the city battle (i.e. the "No, I want TWO" scene), deadlock fights megatron to save humans (sam, mikaela... bystanders), gets almost killedbefore megatron drops him to chase the cube, then at the end we see a modified white and red saturn sky being chased by barricade before starscream flies through and into space.

5. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

"Sam who?"

Frankly, dropping Sam altogether and making it about Lennox and him wrestling with duty over protecting his family would make for a better film (it means we have a little more time for action/transforming robots) and still preserve the emotional kick of "family in danger".

I like the idea of Soundwave attacking the Qatar base, as well as Hound being the scout on Earth rather then BB.

6. Optibot

Optibot The boss

Heres how i would change it
    Add prowl cliffjumper (not looking the exact same as bb) brawn
    Make barricade att prowl in the city and barricade gets killed there
    Starscream kills cliffjumper so he actually does something
    Make brawn get killed by brawl
    Prowl gets killed by megatron and heres how it happens, prowl (just after killing baricade) stares at his dead body and praises him self for being so good, kinda like sideswipe, when megatron arrives from behind, rips off prowls arm, turns him around and rips off his head while the other autobots watch in horror.
    Maybe make bonecrusher do more damage to prime but just slightely more
    I would make frenzy a little more bulky just a little so hes not all skinny and gremlin looking
    Take out miles hes pointless
    Explain how barricade got into the air force one zone and make frenzys escape sneakier
    The military was just fine since they got their weapons by studyjng megatron so it makes sense that they can harm decpeticons and as overlord balder stated they just killed
    Blackout
    Maybe make bonecrusher involved in another scene
    Make brawl do more destruction
    That was out of order lol but i wrote it as it came to mind feel free to change it up

Or bluestreak could get killed by megatron and in the second movie only have sideswipe the twins and arcee not jolt chromia or elita-1

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  7. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I truly wouldn't change anything on the first. I believe it serves well it's purpose, and it's a great movie. ROTF is the one that should be half-reworked since the Writers Guild Strike can be felt when watching it...

8. Optibot

Optibot The boss

True my post was me just nit picking

9. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    People would bitch about it being a military film and no Witwicky then.

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

-Well for starters I would have gotten rid half of the human characters in the movie. I would have kept some of them. But most were unnecessary.

-Having trimmed down the human characters I would have made the Transformers the focal characters instead of just back ground animation.

-I would have given the Autobots better character development. The audience would have actually cared about them.

-The Decepticons would have had personality and character development as well, instead of just being movie monsters.

-I would have changed Megatron design to something less 'wtf' looking.

-Jazz wouldn't have died.

-Bonecrusher wouldn't have been such a wimp and survived his battle with Optimus instead of that piss poor display we got.

-And I would have made Megatron the main villain of the movie instead of him just being a rampaging barbarian who shows up at the end of the movie, and gets killed.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd change the designs a bit. Fewer unnecessary parts so I could afford to use more robots and more often. I think Prime really nailed that mix of old and new so I think he's about the standard I'd go with to figure if a character is the right mix of old and new. For sure I'd have it so Starscream could smirk.

I think Bumblebee would be a new character. The Autobots kind of needed a new character of their own and since Bumblebee doesn't really fit any past Bumblebee's except in color then he'd be the new guy. Not sure what I'd name him.

Cut back some of the scenes that didn't really add much to the movie to make it a leaner meaner film instead of dragging at some points.

A space ship for the Autobots because space ships are cool. If Klingons can cloak a ship I don't see why people wouldn't go for a cloaked Autobot ship.

I would have had Jazz just badly injured so I could save him for any sequels and Ratchet would have a chance to shine as the Autobot medic.

With less expensive bots I'd add a few like teaming up Rumble with Frenzy or a nice Barricade vs Prowl fight.

For the last battle instead of taking out the Decepticons I'd keep it feeling like an even fight, but when Megatron has the cube thrust into his chest by Sam I'd have Starscream run off with the Decepticons to set up a sequel.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No hackers.

Decepticons speak.

Longer Bonecrusher fight.

13. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a few small changes. I'd replace everyone who worked on the film with someone else. Anyone else.

14. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    This. :thumbs2: 

15. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

THIS!! Sorry, but nothing short of a nuclear bomb should be able to take out the decepticons outside the autobots.

16. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA, THIS!! I always wondered about this.

"Really?.....Can nobody really see this dude?"

17. NitrogenB

I agree that this is one of the most cringe-worthy, forced lines in any movie. Ever.

18. NitrogenB

HAhahahaha.

19. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

Yea......transporting Megtron from the Arctic to the freaking hotass Hoover damn makes no sense.

Also, not sure if anyone else noticed, but in TF1 Frenzy was about Air Force 1 with is a modified 747-200. After they land he comes out of the wheel well of a 707... wtf????

20. NitrogenB

I agree 100%

These little scenes that, when you really think about them, make absolutely no sense, are scattered all throughout the movie. Like, how the frick are they gonna transport a 35ft tall, multi-ton robot in the 1800's on a Christopher Columbus ship from the Arctic Circle to the Hoover Dam, and keep it frozen the whole time? Really? For 100 years? And no mechanical failure of any kind, at all? In 100 years?

Don't get me wrong, I love the movies because it's sort of a realized childhood dream, but sometimes I think Bay forgoes common sense just to insert an amazing Action sequence. WHile sometimes this will work, it will eventually bite you in the butt (see: ROTF).