If you could redo the FIRST movie...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WreckNRule426, Jun 20, 2011.

1. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

what would you do/change? How would it be different?

Of course, here are mine...

- The helicopter that attacks is now Soundwave. And he has sonic cannons.

- During the first fight in Qatar, Hound reveals himself, having anticipated the 'Cons attacking the place where the S7 files were kept, and drives him off before he can download all of said files. (Seriously, it would have been SO EASY for Orci and Kurtzmann to work him in with the whole military thing.) He flies off afterwards in order to rendezvous with Sam.

- It is revealed at some point that Sam got one of his three A's (that being in Spanish) by using a Google Translate app he downloaded onto his cell phone.

- None of the Autobots have discovered the Internet at the start of the film, and thus cannot speak English. Until later.

- Frenzy looks a little less gremlin-y.

- The Rachel-Taylor-and-Anthony-Anderson-decoding-the-files plot point is totally removed. I suppose that one little scene where Keller explains the attack to the up-and-coming hackers could be kept just for the purpose of saying what the government is doing to keep giant robots from attacking them, but other than that...no.

- Ron Witwicky drives a dark green Hummer H2 as part of his job. Once Bumblebee is bought, he trashes it intentionally when no one is home after Hound scans and replaces it in order to guard Sam along with Bee. (Ratchet, in turn, will eventually be a Buick Terraza.)

- Barricade AND Breakdown attack Sam and demand the glasses, and Hound and Bumblebee fight them. It is in this battle that Bumblebee has his vocal cords crushed, although we don't know it yet. Sam then has to pull out his translator app for whatever reason, and Bumblebee notices this just before the Arrival To Earth sequence happens.

- Arrival To Earth is completely unchanged except that Wheeljack comes along too, maybe landing next to Jazz and scanning the Saturn Sky in the dealership.

- After the big reveal in the alleyway, Bumblebee downloads the data from Sam's translator, transfers it to the other 'Bots so that they can speak English, and Optimus Prime introduces them. There is also a line about "The Cons must have used the Internet too" or something. However, Bee still can't speak due to his vocal-cord injuries in the Barricade/Breakdown fight.

- Also, yes, the flames on Optimus are gone. To clarify, I don't think MICHEL BAY TOTALEE RAPEDDD MI CHIELDHOOD N HE SHULD BURN IN TEH PITTT for putting them on (I didn't even watch my first G1 episode until three or four years after I first saw the movie), they just don't fit his down-to-earth personality.

- Ironhide's trigger-happy personality is kept, but toned down. Meaning no threatening to kill Sam's parents. Some heroism to balance it out would be nice, too.

- The masturbation joke, in addition to most of the other "adult" humor in the movie, is out. This is based on a line of kids' toys, remember?

- The S7 sequence is shortened. A Decepticon, maybe Brawl, attacks Sam under the bridge, and Bumblebee saves him, which exposes him to S7 and gets him captured.

- Optimus initially sees the humans as severely lacking in fortitude, and partially agrees with Ironhide's view that they are primitive and violent, after seeing them capture Bumblebee. Thus, he initially does not fight for them nearly as much as he fights for the sake of the Transformer race.

- Ratchet gets to do something medical-related.

- We actually get the sense to some degree that Starscream wants to be the leader.

- The other Autobots get to the Hoover Dam and find the Allspark before Bumblebee leaves.

- Much less military involvement in the final battle.

- Jazz's death is more emotional.

- The F-22s never fire on Megatron (see above), and instead of Sam putting the cube in Megatron's chest alone, Hound helps him do so.

- After Megatron dies, Starscream retreats with the surviving Decepticons.

- Optimus' view of humans completely changes after witnessing Sam's two big acts of courage in the final battle, as he...yes...has now witnessed their capacity for courage. This would give him the we-cannot-let-the-humans-pay-for-our-mistakes mentality going forward, as well as make his character arc in the film MUCH stronger.

2. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

Are the flames really bothering you THAT much? its not like the character´s personality is different, he still is the fearless leader of the autobots.

3. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    The more i watch the first one the more i love it. Maybe i'd add a little more action, apart from that i'd keep it the same.

4. Screamer55

Screamer55 Well-Known Member

The only problem I had with the first movie was Jazz dying. Wrong Character to kill off.
    Should've been Ironhide.....

Otherwise......the first film was perfect.

5. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

The movie, while I love it, just kind of feels soul-less, to me. A couple of tweaks, a little more heart, and I think it would be absolutely amazing.

- Work on Camera a little more (less shaky)
    - Fix Barricade Loop Hole
    - More human casualties
    - more sympathy for Jazz
    - Remove, redo the hacker plotline (like Thread Starter said above) That.Was.Dumb.
    - a lot more extremely nitpicky thingsthat I could list forever.

But, that said, I love the movie as is.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I personally love the 07 Movie as it is.

The only things that I would change, however, is that the human military is no match against the Decepticons and that both Blackout and Brawl/Devastator would not be killed off but that they would retreat under Starscream's orders after Megatron dies when Sam shoves the All-Spark into his chest.

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I think the first movie is perfect just the way it is.

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Other than a couple of missing explanations that were in an earlier leaked version of the script, and a couple of lame jokes, i would leave it as is.

9. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

THIS :rock 

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    -I'd get rid of Blackout and replace him with Starscream so as to develop starscream better(Which means Starscream attacks the base in Qatar, hacks the base and releases Scorpy to attack Lennox and his team. However have starscream, under tremendous pressure from the humans on the ground takes to the air and attacks the F22s in Mission City instead of dying.

-More presence from Brawl and bonecrusher in the start of the movie. They don't even have to do anything big at least but just be there.

-Have barricade aiding Brawl in the Brawl vs Army and Bumblebee scene. Theres multiple shots where Barricade could have been next to Brawl shooting at the humans hunkered up in the pawn shop. When bumblebee fatally wounds Brawl he turns and transforms and escapes to live another day.

-Only kill Brawl in Mission City and have Starscream and Barricade retreat after Megatron gets killed by Sam.

-Have Ironhide and Ratchet aid in taking down Megatron like shooting at him with the army.

-Bonecrusher vs Optimus is more prolonged and I imagined having starscream trying to assist so as to give a good reason for the huge prolonging in time of Optimus arriving there.

-remove the hacker subplot. The Aussie chick is smoking hot but thats about all she contributed to the plot other then swaying Keller to believe the robot shit.

Less characters the more your able to develop their characters.<<<<< Remember this.

11. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

Budget kept the first movie from its prime (HAHAHAHA CWUTIDIDTHRE) but yeah, it was perfect except for the code getting eteched on the glasses, that was really random and dumb...and the fact NO ONE AT AIRFORCE ONE saw a 5 FOOT ALIEN ROBOT WALK PASSED THEM WHILE MOCKING THEM. They also let an unmarked police car with no validation on the scene of a MURDER ATTEMPT on the PotUS? lol learn_to_government

12. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Keep Jazz alive
    Bigger cast
    longer city fight
    megatron a triple-changer
    move desert scene to russia, alaska or canada

13. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I guess you didn't pay attention to what I said about smaller cast equals bigger characters.

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I agree, at most, I would add a quick shot of Barricade running away or something.

And I like the files plot, Honest, I think it helped to show how fucking badass the Decepticons were [they. hacked. the goddamn. PENTAGON], the files-plot is where all the Politics of the movie are introduced and shown [U.S.A wanting to wage war against someone else, Pentagon in chaos and all].

Without that plot, the movie would have a lot of things to explain, like: how the United States are reacting to their base being blown up? What are they doing to prevent the next attack?

Without that plot, everyone would be complaining the movie is bad because giant robots invade the U.S.A and no one in the goverment notices.

My personal opinion on the OP's suggestions [just my opinion].

While I do think it would fit, I like how the movie simply brought in the best version of Blackout ever [and people would moan over Soundwave being killed by human gunfire].

I think this would be too much complicated to fit in the movie, I mean, one Decepticon blowing up a military base is okay, but ONE Decepticon, THEN one Autobot appears to stop him, then....people [incluiding me] would be doing "WHAT THE HELL?" midway through.

What for?

What for? [2], besides, would you really want them all speaking that hellish Cybertronian language for the whole movie?

Well, whatever.
    But I don't like the concept of them all being on Earth already

I think that would be far too convoluted to put FOUR characters fighting a the same time, on the same place, two being Autobots and Decepticons that have just revealed themselves to us.

Good, because that scene one of my favorite scenes in the history of cinema, so...yeah.

I do think that's completely useless, the movie already sets pretty clear that the 'Cons can hack the shit out of us, so why say they can?

I love those flames.

That would be a nice idea as well.

Would make no difference but it's also nice.

People speak like they had killed Megatron or something, they ONLY killed Blackout [and through a massive wave of missles and a grenade directly on the spark chamber, so..yeah].

The first movie actually had the military to be completely curbstompped by the Decepticons, which even leads to Lennox' legendary line: "These things won't die." *sees Blackout coming* "We will." [or something like that].

In fact, even the SECOND movie had something similar, Demolishor completely obliterated NEST and except for the ray-gun in the final battle of Egypt, the military got their ass handled back to them.

15. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

Remove hackers... bogged down the movie for me. Only other complaint was shaky cam.

Solid movie.

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I would take out a lot of the lame humor/story elements, including:

pretty much everything having to do with Sam's friend Miles. He added nothing to the movie.

Actually, most of Sam's dialogue/humor is painful. "Sleep well, handsome man". The driving Mikaela home dialogue. But for me, the "50 years from now...." line is so grating I have to skip through it if I'm watching the movie.

The whole "selling artifacts in class" part. High school kid tries selling antiques to his classmates to pay for a car? Yeah, in a movie about aliens, that was the least believable part.

There's actually quite a bit about the movie that falls apart once you start thinking about it. Pretty much everything regarding Megatron is wonky... why was he in robot mode in the ice? How did they get him from Antarctica to Hoover Dam? If he was frozen, how did they position his body to standing straight up?

What was the point of having Sam & Mikaela come upon the crashed protoform?

Barricade. He's dead? He shows up again? Then he disappears?

Jazz's death should have been given more emotional weight.

The military's extraction plan for the Cube was embarrassing.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

His ship went out of control when he entered on Earth's atmosphere, he likely returned to his robot mode in desperation.

It isn't THAT hard [neither is impossible], just put him in a giant cryogenic chamber.

What? He was frozen, laying down on the ice, they move him and put him straight instead of laying down, what's the problem?

What's the point of NOT TO.

Haha, that's funny.

Well...I don't think they could do much, there were giant robotds after them and they had no mechanical equipment to call any back-up.

The best they could do is exactly what they did: Go to the closer city before the giant robots murder you, use some walkietalkie to call reinforcements, and take the Cube away.

18. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    If I could redo the first movie i'd make it another hour long and add more Stan Bush and Vince DiCola. I'd also have Magnus slap the taste out of Hotrods mouth for getting Prime shot.

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    sorry :eek: , just felt like posting right away

20. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Let's see
    -Arcee stays plus ironhide stays
    -Ratchet keeps his old design (Why the hell is he green anyways what type of ambulance is green?)
    -Soundwave would have been in the movie from the beginning
    -Barricade would have stayed instead of randomly disapearing
    -Jazz wouldn't have died but ironhide would have (I like the character it just seems like he would be unnecessary)
    -Megatron would have been badly injured and for the sequel he would come back as galvatron
    -Bonecrusher and brawl would have more personality.