if you could recreate them

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UNICRON'S BEARD, May 21, 2008.

1. UNICRON'S BEARD

UNICRON'S BEARD UNICRON

which character or subgroup do you think will benefit from being re-designed. i think the pretenders will be cool. they'll look nicer if the outher shells look like mcfarlane made them and inner robots with higher difficulty level of transformation. the bases will look better also with more articulation.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Headmasters all the way. More complex transformations with more articulation and nicer vehicle modes. The heads themselves I wouldn't change much, though.

3. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    I'd definitely like to see Soundwave and the gang redesigned. Possibly as a Submarine w/torpedobots, or Communication Ship w/equipmentbots. Might be a cool upgrade. And most or all of the names could carry over.

4. UNICRON'S BEARD

UNICRON'S BEARD UNICRON

great idea!!!

5. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    maybe we'll get to see some new HM's in Animated next season, would be cool!!

6. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

that and the powermasters make some part of the vehicle mode a powermaster port or something and it unlocks a certain part that allows you to transform the bigger robot that and give the powermaster itself a better more poseable robot mode

7. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters and Pretenders need a comeback. But I would really love to see Metroplex, Trypticon, Fortress Maximus and Scorpinok brought back not just as a Transforming robot, but make them so like you can have little rooms in base mode for mini transformers like the Minicons or Micromasters. Like a oversized playset that has more detail.

8. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

I would love to see some upgraded Pretenders. Guys like Bomb-burst, Octopunch, and Bludgeon could really stand to be updated.

Or, say, Targetmasters with weapons that also have vehicle modes. I suppose it's already been sort of done, with the mini-cons that had weapon "third modes". So, I guess, more of those.

9. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    It'd be interesting to see some upgraded Seacons, especially since most of their alt modes inexplicably had legs.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Definatly the pretenders, after watching the early episodes of Masterforce I thought Bomb-burst, Submarauder and Skullgrin were the coolest things ever (the later episodes...not so much)

The monster pretenders would be a great choice to modernise too.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    My thoughs exactly. They could be my favorite sub group,but they would need to release all of them...including the extra for the gun.

And head masters.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'd vote for any character that was originally a handheld 'gadgetformer' like Megs, Soundwave, Perceptor, Blaster, Reflector, etc. I'd like to see them all get updated to some sort of appropriately sized vehicle design that still retains their original likeness when in bot mode. But that's only because I've always had issues with the whole mass shifting thing ever since I was a kid.

13. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I'm not a huge pretender fan, but I like the idea of a Macfarlanesque (sp)line. The bat (blood?) Especially has good potential.
    Monstructor from the recent comic would be cool
    My request though would be a new predacon team, beast wars inspired though.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Stunticons, Alternators-sized and design, most definitely. But I'd settle for Deluxe-class done in Classics style. And if it was a combiner too, that would be so freakin incredibly awesome.

Predacons/Predaking also, after the popularity of BW, are screaming to be redesigned and updated.

I never cared for the Pretenders--I always thought they were nothing more than a glorified gimmick that barely made any logical sense in the TF continuity. However, considering some of the suggestions made here if the shells were designed along the lines of McFarlane Toys sculpts, I actually might like that... depending on how they turned out.

But I'd much rather see McFarlane sculpts for the Dinobots alt-modes and beast modes from Beast Wars.

And I've said this here many times, but I would so much like to see Hasbro do a line of TFs based on vintage muscle cars, sports cars, and street rods like Cybertron Downshift/Big Daddy, G2 Jolt, and the Micromaster Hot Rod Patrol. I still contend these would be a strong seller in the collector's market since there would be great interest from both TF fans and vintage car toy collectors.

15. BuildKing

BuildKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would be totally for it! I tought that the basic idea behind the Pretenders concept was great, but hasn't seen its full potential. To say the least. And, unless I'm mistaken, the concept never came back in any TF line after G1(?).

Killer outer shells with updated, today's robots inside: awesome!

16. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

G1 Ironhide so he had no trailer and a face!

17. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Throw in a vote for Mega Pretenders.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    being totally serious here: What about Pretender Headmasters? Think of it, it could work. You take your averag, kibble-free TF from today, hhave the head transform into a tiny robot, stick the big robot or little robot in a more articulated and better looking pretender shell and you get: Awesome.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dinobots as combiners!!! That would be utterly cool!

20. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see new U.S. versions of the late generation takara exclusives. Victory Leo, Star Saber, Overlord, Black Zarak.