If you could only collect one series...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by masishadow, Jan 24, 2012.

1. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For you guys that have decent sized collections...if you could only collect one line, which one would it be? If you were starting a completely fresh collection, which would be the one line that you absolutely had to have.

Speculation about the future of MP's and expanded variety is making me lean that way. Currently stuck between if I want to build an MP or classics collections, saving money for next year when the wife, baby and me are going to spend a majority of it in Europe/China, so I can do one of the other. Also feel that the MP line would best suit a limited amount of display space.

2. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    It would be classics/generations, which I mainly collect anyway. The MP line is far too expensive for me and the fact that they are asking for more cash for less bot is a non starter in my book. Plus the MP QC seems to be all over the place in contrast to the cost involved. My few MPs display better but you better hope they don't fall off of the shelf.

3. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

Classics. The 3rd party stuff fits best with it as well so it's all I collect.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

If you're starting fresh, I would go with the MP line. If you're getting Takara MP's then it's really just one bit hit to your wallet a year, which isn't so bad.

Starting fresh with Classics will drive you insane.

I mean, my Henkei/United/whatever-Hasbro shelves are nice. I'm certainly proud of them and I enjoy collecting them. But I've been picking these up steadily over the past nearly 4 years since the Henkei line started (and the 5 Classics I picked up before then). Couldn't imagine having to start almost completely over with these.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

If I was forced to collect only one line it would be G1.

Between those two? Classics. I like a large variety of cool figures over just a small handful.

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I had a huge cull over the past couple of years, and have another planned soon. Rather than a particular line my primary focus is on certain characters: Megs, Ratchet, and Bruticus, I have alot of each of them, particularly Megs!

Regarding lines, the only one I've kept all of is Animated, and I'm trying to decide whether to hang onto and expand my Masterforce stuff, pretty much all of my other G1 stuff (barring the previously mentioned characters and a few select others) got sold on a while ago.

If I could only collect one, it would be Megs. Saying that I'd find it very hard to give up my book collection, especially the vintage Jap ones, but as they're not toys I suppose I could keep them as well :D 

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Animated.

I have almost everything from it, so there's not much left to get. I have limited display room, so I can only have one line displayed at a time, and Animated is the one I prefer to have out. I just got done displaying all 63 of my Optimus Primes for a few months (previously, Animated was out before them for almost a complete year) and was going to put Classics stuff up next, but about halfway through unboxing and transforming the figures, I got bored, put them all back, and brought out Animated instead.

They're the toys I have fun messing with the most, and the variety in molds make them more interesting to look at on the shelf. if I could only collect one series from now on, I'd definitely want to finish Animated.

8. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    G1.

9. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

"classics".

10. fiyaconvoy

fiyaconvoy Banned

Ebay:
    Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations/Reveal the Shield
    Henkei/United

11. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Beastwars.

12. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hard to choose since i collect most lines...classics, animated, beast wars, alternators and MP, movie....

damn..i have to cut back...

13. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime. Best aesthetic in the TF franchise in my opinion, not to mention the fact that most of the toys released so far have been great.

14. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Henkei and United!

15. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

Classics.

16. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

No contest, it would be Beast Wars. I grew up on G1 and didn't actually watch Beast Wars when it was originally aired, but the I love the show so much and I don't think I've been let down by any of my figures yet!

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If I had to pick only one to collect, I'd pick G1, but if I had to choose a modern line, it would be Classics. I would pick MP, but it takes too long for new releases.

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

G1

It started it all.

19. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

After watching that Stan Bush video I'd say MP/alternators/alternity.

20. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Prime. Practically every toy is a winner, accurate and intuitive, and the character designs which the toys are based on were worked on by my favorite character designer in TV, Jose Lopez. Loved his work in the Batman, FREAKING ADORE IT in Transformers Prime.