If you could have a do-over of one Classics style line, which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brr-icy, May 23, 2012.

?

Which would you want "done over"

1. Classics

52.6%
  2. Universe

26.3%
  3. Generations

7.9%
  4. Reveal the Shield

13.2%
  1. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I don't care I only bought the figures I liked from each of the lines hahahaha

These are the only figures I have from these lines:

Universe figs: Bruticus Maximus, Inferno, Unicron.
    Classics: Jetfire vs grimlock set, mainly for Jetfire since we never had a figure representing the cartoon.

2. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Now that i think about it plus it was just mentioned Perceptor's alt mode was pretty bad, just make him a microscope again and be done with it. Don't tell me kids wouldn't like a microscope better than his weird truck mode.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Universe... Only because, of those lines, it has the highest ratio of bad-to-good molds. Sure, it has done good ones, but even those (Inferno, Cyclonis, Hound, Prowl) have their flaws. And it's hard to look past turds like Ironhide, Galvatron, Hot Shot, and the worst Classics mold of all, Cheetor.

I'd never want the first round of Classics redone. Sure, some could do with better articulation, but I still have such a soft spot in my heart for them. Classics Bumblebee is still one of my all-time favorite molds. The only Classics figure I really dislike is Grimlock.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm surprised you put prowl with the good molds. i can't stand it. he was my first tf (the g1 figure) and i hate the skinny, fiddly turtlenecked ugly thing lol

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can certainly understand why people dislike the Prowl mold, but I myself like him. There is certainly room for improvement, though.

The one I always feel a little weird for not loving is Hound. Most fans seem to love him, or even consider him one of the best Classics figures, but I feel like he's merely good and not great. His sculpt is just a little too simplified for my tastes, the arms seem too stubby, and I don't like the half-hearted and unstable way his weapon clips to his shoulder.