If you could erase one character from Transformers history...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mechafire, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Remove Hot Rod. Optimus Prime lives and there's no Rodimus Prime. Optimus Prime would have kept the Dinobots a fighting force, gotten the Junkions to Earth to restore fallen heroes, and might have even saved the Ark from Trypticon. As a bonus, perhaps no Autobot shuttle would have crashed on Quintesson, hence Wheelie is never rescued/found. I think Optimus Prime would have had no use for Wheelie anyway, even to "guard the base".

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    For real. These board improvements are kinda glitchy.

3. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All!

Chip Chase, due to the fact that a human couldn't know more about Cybertronian technology than the TF's that have been around it for 4+ million years. Past that, no one really. On the other hand, I hope Unicron does not show up in Animated as I agree he can be a writer's crutch.

Galvatro

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too true. Still, I like the concept of Unicron and am convinced that some day a writer will come along that turns him into an interesting character and maybe does something new with him for the first time since his introduction.

Anyway, for me it's The Fallen. Or Sunstorm. Or IDW Galvatron. Or Dreamwave Galvatron. Or Nova- er, I mean Nemesis Prime. Whatever. They're all the exact same character in different armor. Very dry. One dimensional. All powerful. Nigh invincible. They're all Gary Stus and love to god-mod it around the comics. And worst of all- they bore me. How many grande-eloquent speeches can they deliver about death and destruction? Honestly, is there no other personality type to plug these guys into? Do they all have to be the aristocratic machiavellian type? Or more to the point- must they all try to be Beast Wars Megatron?

He was cool for the simple fact that he was so *different* from G1 Megatron. There was no confusing the two! Now everyone wants to be just like him. So lame.

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:

Sounds to me like the person you want to eliminate is really Simon Furman!! For as long as he writes, the God Moders will exist. I agree, those characters bore the hell outta me. Write something other than "Invincible Doom Bringing Bot from the Brink- atron".

But my vote.... kill off Hot Rod. I hate that lil bastard. Especially for spawning that "character" forever needing to be part of tfs.

6. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Dreamwave Galvatron? Last I remembered, the Dreamwave stories had yet to progress to that stage before they folded.

My vote goes to the kissplayer partners. All of them. The taint they have brought to an otherwise mostly all-ages friendly franchise is undeniable. Please leave pedo fantasies out of my Transformers.

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Snarl.

OH WAIT, HE PRETTY MUCH WAS REMOVED FROM TRANSFORMERS AFTER SEASON 2.

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh no, he was definitely there. He fought Armada Megatron in the "Worlds Collide" story. I laughed pretty hard when Armada Megs killed him dead. No amount of poetic monologues about death and chaos and a single order could save him. Hehehe.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Me either. But Sunstorm's not yellow, he's Orange! :p 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And yellow.

11. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I would remove Shockwave from the G1 toon, because although he was an ultimate badass in the Marvel comics, in the toon he was a fucking useless gimp who did sod all.

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Either Wheelie, Nightscream, or Sari. All whiny, annoying morons who should be destroyed.

13. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Hmmm, Wheelie's a bit of an easy target for some people here. He's certainly not even the lamest character in the '86 movie.

And, Snow_Cat, hello!, but you are wrong in all manner of ways about Huffer. Huffer was needed to pass out the wolf tickets.

I'm thoroughly enjoying our hate parade against Hot Rodimus Prime. I won't gild the lily.

So I'll add G1 Scourge - rubbish robot beard, pink fingers, added nothing to plot or related characters, turned in to a giant flying shoe that foreshadowed the shell-former, tried to convince children to buy multiples of his toy and call them 'Sweeps'.
    Shut up, Scourge, your name now only applies to the best Nemesis Prime ever, and you and your incomprehensible alt mode can turn back in to Skywarp or Shrapnel, whatever, or Wheelie for all I care. Your beard fails, you fail, you deserved to be tased, you cannot fight the darkness, and all manner of internet cats besmirch your torrid existence.

14. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kicker. That kid should be taken out back and shot.

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Unicron, that way megatron dies in space, hot rod never gets the matrix Ultra Magnus remains autobot leader and we get starscream and shockwave fighting for control of the con’s until shockwave finds megatrons body and builds a new better not insane galvatron type leader for the cons.

16. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I think the one person I'd take out of TF history is Pat Lee. I've always hated the way he drew all his Transformers puffy, Megatron's cannon so freaking small and the window borders on Prime so damn big. Oh and totally bankrupting his studio when Transformers finally got an ongoing series.

17. Johnator

IronicHide your posts are always great. "Giant Flying Shoe" :D 

18. Johnator

This.

19. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bud from Galaxy Force.

20. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Daniel. Why couldn't one of the Dinobots have just fell on him?