If you could choose the next Decepticon Leader... Besides Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jan 18, 2018.

1. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Devil Z is more or less Black Zarak isn’t he?

2. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I would love to see what might happen if Onslaught had defeated Megatron and (barring Starscream and Soundwave) became the new leader. There is a universe where Deathsaurus and the Combaticons worked together....

3. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Perceptor. Then he would just murder Starscream in cold blood because there is a 98.726% that Starscream would shoot him in the back.

4. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Magna Convoy will lead us to victory

Megatron/Galvatron 》Soundwave/Soundblaster breifly 》Scorpinok or Zarak》Bludgeon》Thunderwing》Overlord》Deathsaurus》[ Pax Cybertronia]
    Tripredacus Council《 END OF DECEPTICONS

5. God Orion

Ebay:
    Overlord is a bit on the soft side at the end of Masterforce so I doubt he could be a leader as good as Megatron

6. Tinbot

Tinbot Striving for lvl 99

Does it matter really? After all, each one is a puppet of bombshell ever got near, and let’s face it, he would give it a go to feast on emerging stockpiles.....

Realistically you have all mentioned the appropriate responses, but a disillusioned prowl could definitely seize control if he could deal with Soundwave.

7. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

shockwave or Tarn

8. Macross79

Macross79 Banned

No he isn’t. Different character

9. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I think it'd be neat for Onslaught to lead the cons. Master strategist and capable warrior with a loyal team (And Swindle). I think he could handle the job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thundermania

Thundermania Liege Centuro

YouTube:
    I'd throw my hat in with Bludgeon. He's a gifted warrior, part-time scientist and he's charismatic (in his unique way). Megatron' personality is what stopped the Decepticons from crumbling into separate tribes. I could see Bludgeon's endless lust for conquest and war unifying the shattered army into a blood-crazed horde. But hey that's just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I'm rather fond of Thunderwing, but we kinda already got him as Decepticon leader -- in the live-action movies. Bayverse "Megatron", specially in the first film, seems much more like T-Wing than Megs to me.

The most interesting suggestions I've seen in this thread so far are the lovely and talented Megaempress and the mech of many backstories, Nemesis Prime. Both would make for interesting, fresh takes on Decepticon leadership.

Of course, a couple of other good options come from the European exclusives of the early 90s...

Skyquake: "A wicked genius, wholly dedicated to laying waste all in his path. Utterly cold, calculating and rational. Even his all consuming loathing of the Autobots is clinical in its vicious single-mindedness." And he has a Rank of 10.

Colossus/Clench: "A vehicle of terrifying power and pure evil. Combines a keen brain with diabolical cruelty. His whole being is dedicated to vengeance. A nightmare opponent, powered by pure hate and the thought of ultimate victory. Overwhelms, flattens and throws aside anyone foolish enough to get in his way. [...] As a gigantic robot, towers terrifyingly above all." Another Rank-10 guy (they handed those out like candy in Europe).

And let's not forget Skystalker, apparently the highest-ranked Decepticon Micromaster (Rank 9). "Obsessed with power, aquiring it, keeping it, and using it to tyrannize all who oppose him. Lives for the day when the Decepticons will rule the universe under HIS command." Yeah, he's a little ol' Micromaster, but I could easily imagine him converting his shuttle into a Transtector and himself into a Headmaster for it. Then he'd have the stature to match his ambitions.

12. Thundermania

YouTube:
    I love the idea of some obscure character ending up on the throne.

• Like Like x 1
  13. God Orion

Ebay:
    Same!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Let’s see, we have
    -Skorpinok (Leader after Galvatron was buried under a Glacier in Headmasters, Leader in Marvel)
    -Overlord (Field Commander in Japan, at large in IDW, as a Phase Sixer, he would have a decent claim)
    -Shockwave (Comics Version would deem Leadership Logical)
    -Thunderwing (another top choice)
    -Deathsaurus (Last Japanese Emperor of Destruction in the last Full Series)

Overlord would be the best choice......since Victory took place a few Decades after Masterforce, and before that time Deathsaurus was in Deep Space, plotting revenge against Star Saber.......Yeah, Overlord is the best candidate (it helps that he already has a new figure, so if Hasbro names him new Decepticon Leader, we won’t have to get a new figure.......then again as the next series has that Transformers Begins Prequel vibe with Cybertronian Alt Modes, we’ll have Megatron in command

15. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

Shockwave would be my choice. I am very fond of the character. I can see his new regime now. Potential traitors will be eliminated, in manners that will further the cause. Straying from the path specified will be punished to the logical extent. Frail soldiers will be dealt with... the logical way. Cruelty, it doesn't exist, only behavior which furthers the logical path that more irrational bots are uncomfortable with...

Shockwave can be scary, guys.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    I hafta go with Soundwave or Thundercracker.

17. Thundermania

YouTube:
    The problem Shockwave would have is getting people to follow him. The other Cons don't respect or like Shockwave. Sure he's got the brains and ruthlessness to lead but he lacks Megatron's charisma.

• Like Like x 1
  18. God Orion

Ebay:
    I know that! What I mean is they use the same body! At least Devil Z took control of Black Zarak’s body! And I don’t see Devil Z in his original form take the lead of The Decepticons.

19. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

This thread really isn't about the logistics behind whether they would work or not, rather who one thinks would be a good Decepticon leader. There really isn't anything saying that Shockwave wouldn't gather a following. His charisma will only be a problem if a writer made it a problem. Even if he couldn't gather all the forces, he would wrangle up "true" followers of the Decepticon cause, or manipulate the others into following him. Intimidation, blackmail, you name it.

20. Macross79

Macross79 Banned

Yeah, he wouldn't have been capable of leading the Decepticons...I totally forgot about that Devil Z took control of Black Zarak's body

• Like Like x 1