If you could choose ONE character...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by DarthCrusher, Feb 9, 2011.

1. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...to appear in Transformers Prime, and you had TOTAL control over how they would be portrayed, what would you do?

Personally, I would include Astrotrain. Blitzwing has had a great deal of love lately what with Animated, and I'd like to see Astrotrain given a similar reinvention. I'd keep the space shuttle alt-mode, and give him a more modern bullet train secondary alt mode. In terms of character, he'd be a bit of a complainer, always down in the dumps over being constantly used for transportation purposes. He'd hate his job as a grunt, but not seek advancement in Decepticon rank (we've got too many treacherous Cons who I'm sure will find their way into the series). Instead, Astrotrain's (not-so-secret) dream would be to conquer Earth with an army of laser-equipped trains.

What do you think? Please don't just post names. Please explain what you would do with the character.

2. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Since Starscream is already in, I'd say Dinobot.

Frankly, I'd be boring and keep him very similar to his Beast Wars portrayal, and shoehorn in an explanation for his raptor alt mode being something to the effect of the Cybertronians trying to mimic organics, starting by building off of museum's animatronic representations of animals. That could open the door for Bayverse-esque Pretenders to appear later on, when the TFs have refined their organic mimicry.

And I'd probably have him and Starscream end up teaming together against Megatron/Galvatron. The end result of that conflict would be Dinobot's defection to the Autobots and Screamer retaining/regaining leadership of the Decepticons. That would be explained by Screamer's insatiable desire for power and Dinobot's obsession with honor clashing, despite their shared disdain for Megs/Galvy.

3. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Wheeljack. Dr. Smoov Wheeljack.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker. His bios have always made mention of his jovial nature being a cover for his insecurities and self-perceived worthlessness as a result of his high fuel consumption, but I don't remember a single piece of storytelling media that has actually ever explored this.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Off the top of my head, I could go for Beachcomber, with elements of the Animated design. And a sorta Jeff Bridges persona, as in 'the dude'.

[​IMG]

Just a very laid back, chilled out kinda bot. And then for the sake of character contrast and conflict, maybe pair him with a very aggressive gung-ho autobot, such as Ironhide or Warpath.

yeah, I'd like to see that. But we're already getting Wheeljack, so whatever they've decided to go with it's probably already a done deal.

6. AutobotPunk 2.0

AutobotPunk 2.0 Well-Known Member

Drift

7. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Grimlock. But he'd turn into a monster truck, with maybe a third robot T-rex mode. So basically he'd be a triple changer of sorts.

And I'd get Gregg Berger to reprise the roll.

Brawn would be good par up for that.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Slipstream.

I'd also have her be competant and highly aggressive, but instead of desiring leadership of the 'cons, she's aiming to be second in command, putting her at odds with Starscream (after Megatrons inevitable return, of course).

9. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like that. That would be cool to see.

Don't you just love it when people don't read the entire opening post?

10. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ironhide

11. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Beachcomber - part geologist, part crazy hermit. Tenacious and intelligent, but he's been living up a mountain on Earth for centuries (in fact, there's a Buddhist temple built around him) he's gone a little "corroded" in the whole sanity circuits.

12. tide

tide NEON PRIDE

News Credits:
    decepticon pretender duos- skullgrin with iguanus (bickering with each other constantly but good strategists and plotters) and finback with submarauder (calm and effective waterborne assault, but they're also distant and misanthropic). just say the pretender shells are starscream's experimenting or something.

clench and decepticon syndicate thugs- G2 ftw. clench is a spiteful bastard wanting nothing less than extermination of all autobots and other inferior lifeforms. bonus if he retains his seizure-inducing color scheme. even more bonus points if he gets to battle with pyro.

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz, he deserves some more spotlight.

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'd like to make a group suggestion: The Combaticons

I liked the idea that they were imprisoned by the Decepticons, but the major factor I'd like to explore in the framework of Prime would be why.

To wit, they joined Megatron because they believed the propaganda (as it were) and truly thought they were fighting to secure a future for Cybertron as her warriors. But after doing clean up after a massacre that violates every principal they hold: they rebel and hence, prison. Then they decide to make Megatron's life total hell of their own accord as they still believe in the way the Decepticons were, and wish to remove Megatron and his perversion of their ideals and return their comrades to glory.

Onslaught: the bombastic, tactical mind of the team; think General Patton as portrayed by George C. Scott and add a dash of Hannibal Smith from The A-Team and you're there.

Brawl: the fighter, starting everything from bar fights to skirmishes and beyond if he thinks its a good idea but more of blood knight than a raving lunatic.

Swindle: their quartermaster, black market operator and profiteer. If it exists, and they need it, he'll get it. A shrewd bot with an understanding of economics, negotiation and up close killing.

Blast Off: the logistics man: where to move it, why and for who. His mind moves a million miles a second to think how he can best support his unit with penchant for dropping bombs and raining missiles on people who try to disrupt his convoys and supply lines.

Vortex: air support and smart arse remarks for his targets as he clears the way for Onslaught and Brawl on the ground. Would be the biggest but youngest member of the group.

So instead of siding with the Autobots, they're a group of wild cards who show up occasionally.

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    This would do for me.

16. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Reflector- The 3 units which make up Reflector are perfectionists obsessed with working in sync as one, in any action they do. Normally they put on a calm and composed appearence in unison, almost drone like in their actions. But if one of them stuffs up even in the slightest, like mistiming a word or action, they immediately erupt into heated arguements about who's fault it was, often having to be seperated by their fellow Decepticons.

Instead of being the same old boring timid Reflector in combat, they would actually be one of Megatron's top commando units performing important missions behind enemy lines, but their penchant for internal conflict often hampers their chances of success!

17. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

I'd take Prowl and give him a really nice update, sort of a mix between G1 and Alternators, keeping true to the Police car mode and basing his robot mode off his G1 appearance with slight updates. He could play the role of drill sargent in TF Prime, whiping the Autobots into shape, preparing them to take on the Decepticons at any time. He'd be a skilled and seasoned warrior, however, not as much as 'ol Ironhide. I would also like to get Michael Bell back to voice him, but if that wasn't possible, wouldn't mind using some one like Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) to do his voice, since it needs to be someone who can really protray a sense of authority, and when you're voicing Batman, how much more authoritative can you get? :D 

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Kinda hard to just pick one, but if I absolutely had to, I would go with Sky-Byte. For the most part keeping the same color scheme, maybe tone down the yellow a bit, while giving him a bomber-style alt-mode. Kinda like one of the concepts for an Animated version of him. I would make him around the same size as Starscream, but he would appear taller, as he wouldn't be hunched over like Starscream is. Maybe a little bulkier, especially his torso.

His personality would pretty much be the same as it was in RID, but I would make him a bit more sophisticated in certain ways. I would try and find someone who can do a decent Vincent Price impersonation to voice him. I imagine Sky-Byte talking, and acting somewhat, like Ratigan from "The Great Mouse Detective".

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ransack and Crumplezone, damnit.

Simillar to their Cybertron portrayals but a little more competant in the battlefield. Ransack is the brains who doesn't know when to shut up and he also has a lot of ambition while Crumplezone is nothing more than brute force and is ashamed of his stupidity. Regardless when Megatron rallied his forces in the 3 year gap he was in Velocitron and recruited these two street punks They joined Megatron's Decepticons because of two reasons 1. If they suceed in conquering Earth Megatron promised them the conquering of Velocitron with Ransack and Crumplezone as leader and 2. They fear Megatron and if they said no, they were sure Megatron would slag them.

Ransack would be a Candy apple red and black Pocket motorcycle and Crumplezone would be a monster truck with his Dark Crumplezone colour scheme and flame job. Ransack would be extremley shorter than Arcee while Crumplezone would be double Bulkhead's size.

Ransack would be voiced by Matthew Yang King (GI Joe Renegades's Tunnel Rat)
    Crumplezone would be voiced by Thomas F.Wilson (Back to the Future's Biff)

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Roadbuster - Like Animal Mother from Full Metal Jacket, he's the heavy machine gunner and doesn't give a FUCK! He loves tearin' apart cons, eating their circuits, then asking for seconds. He's not fighting because he believes in the Autobot ideals of peace and harmony, he actually started his war-career as a Decepticon. Him and his brother were victims of the caste-system, being on the low end, working diligently in the mines, with no pay, no respect, and living in the skid rows of Tyger Pax.

They watched the gladiator matches in Kaon, and enjoyed them, Roadbuster even got to fight, and was victorious in many battles. He teemed up with a gladiator named Mudslinger, who despised Thresher's unwillingness to fight. When Megatron made his call to arms, and join the Decepticon cause, Roadbuster and Mudslinger joined - Thresher wished to remain neutral. Years later, Roadbuster's outfit fought the Autobots near his "home" of Tyger Pax. Several civilians worked with Autobot field medics and tended to the wounded on both sides, Thresher was one of these healers. Mudslinger and Roadbuster were part of the wounded, but Mudslinger betrayed them and reported this to Soundwave.

Megatron sent Razorclaw and a team to extract their wounded, slaughter the wounded Autobots, and attempt to recruit the rest under penalty of death. Roadbuster was ordered to convince his brother to join, but couldn't, Thresher was already an Autobot. Mudslinger persuaded Razorclaw to order Roadbuster to kill his brother for his crimes. Roadbuster refused, just then Autobot reinforcements arrived to fight off the 'Cons and retrieve their wounded, those they could save. In the middle of the debacle, Mudslinger killed Thresher, while Roadbuster was injured by him. Mudslinger retreated with the other Decepticons, while Roadbuster laid in pain on the ground. Before the Autobots got to him, he tore off his Decepticon tattoo, a very painful act, both physically and psychologically.

Looking at his brother's body in deep contemplation back at the Autobot camp, he decided to join. He renounced his loyalty to Megatron and the Decepticon cause. It was Ironhide that initiated, and mentored him to become an Autobot fighter. He became the heavy gunner for Ironhide's troupe, and befriended Skydive, who would eventually become an Aerialbot. While Roadbuster is an Autobot, he fights to end tyranny of the modern Decepticons, and to avenge his brother by killing Mudslinger with his own hands, using violence and his passion of fighting to do so.