If you could change one character in Prime, who would they be?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Oberoniss, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Pretty much what the title says. If you could pick any character out of the cast and do whatever you wanted short of removing them completely, who would you pick and what would you do?

I'd pick Miko, and make her adopted instead of on loa- er, visiting from Japan. I'd change her hairstyle so she just has one ponytail with a pink streak, change her colorscheme from that awful conglameration of dull colors to something with more red and pink. I would not (and I know many people will disagree with me) change her activities in the show- barring that stupid stunt she pulled in One Shall Fall part 2, where she shouted at Megatron.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I would change Optimus's personalty to be more like Optimus Primal but with more sublety and reserve just to keep with how his character's mysterious.

I'd add more of Bulkhead's character by just having him pick up artisitc talents like he did in Animated.

I'd make Arcee character be less pushy as she develops her character further.

I'd make Megatron have aspects of the BW Megatron with his TFA Cybertronian helmet and Shadowblade colors.

I'd make an explanation for Raf being able to understand Bumblebee by saying that he was picked up for a government experament which planted an eloctronic translator which allows the user to understand alien and electronic communications.

Other then that nothing to change!:thumb 

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Probably make Bumblebee have a couple horns on his head, and make his wings shaped like bee wings, complete with venation detail on the back!

4. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Yeah, change Miko a bit with the whole personality bit.

And.... uhhhh...... that's all I have to say.

5. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper:...I'd make him not dead =[

as for Breakdown, I'd like him to be all black, to contrast with his face color, and make him a more successful member of the decepticons instead of the patsy that gets bested most of the time

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd change Bumblebee up a little bit. I think the character is going to go somewhere eventually ... but he just started out as too much of the Bayformer Bee. I understand that Prime carries the aesthetics of the movieverse, but I would have liked to see a little deterrence.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love to make Bulkhead less of a generic, super powered obese idiot, I'd save my once favorite character, to me, by giving Soundwave more screen time. I may also give him less screen time and more face time. Also a voice. Or I may just leave it at more screen time, try out a new take on a character and be grateful he's still a bit like G1 Soundwave and not a name slap.

8. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'd have Bumblebee look more like his G1/Animated/WFC incarnations. Give him a compact car type alt-mode, and save the muscle car as an upgrade into Goldbug following heavy injury. I'd still keep the speech issues, though.

9. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Not really one specific character exactly, but I'd like there to be more variety with the Vehicons other than jet, miner, and soldier variety. And even those varieties I just find to be only superficially different, i.e. they all have the same basic body shape and gun.

Like say maybe a few examples:
    -A heavy soldier Vehicon about Bulkhead's size with a bulkier body and a Gatling gun
    -A few civilian-type Vehicons; no weapons at all, basically a Vehicon stripped of any vehicle kibble.
    -Sniper Vehicons; slimmer body and a sniper rifle. Also a singular lens-eye.
    -Jet-Vehicons: Instead of a handgun, I'd prefer wrist cannons.
    I could go on, but we don't really want that.

Now for actual characters.

I'd like Starscream to put up more of a fight. Just show us the reason why he's second in command in the first place.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make "Hello, Miko!" Miko's catchphrase whenever she does something stupid.

11. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Some characters, like Megatron, Arcee, and Jack, have no need of change, though Arcee could use a little less spotlight.

I'd do more with Soundwave & Knockout, though I'm unsure as to what. Soundwave could call in Breakdown & Knockout at the end of Masters & Students to get around Starscream, and he could save Knockout & Breakdown from a furious Optimus in Speed Metal, Optimus following Knockout with the intention of roboticide only to have Soundwave engage him in a sword fight, arm blade to arm blade. It's more about establishing his base characteristics.

I might scrap Bulkhead for Cliffjumper, and have Cliff and Breakdown develop a rivalry over time. Cliffjumper would be the scrappy wrestler, while Breakdown would be the behemoth, the Goliath to Cliffjumper's David. Breakdown could also be the fanatically loyal one, only it's not as obvious - he used to be like his WFC incarnation, but Megatron's sheer craziness and badassedness inspired him to be more. Miko & Cliffjumper would be friends the way that she and Bulkhead are.

Speaking of Miko, I would have her learn her lesson after Darkness Rising, or an alternate version of Shadowzone where she gets herself, Jack, Raf, and Optimus trapped in another dimension, with a zombie Skyquake who moves like canon zombie Cliffjumper did.

With Ratchet, I would move away from the curmudgeon and focus more on his zany mad scientist angle, as in Masters & Students and Shadowzone. Raf & Miko would be the Igor to his Dr. Frankenstein.

Bumblebee would get the sweet & innocent vibe that he expressed in Partners, along with the naivete that many Optimuses have about the possibility of redeeming the 'Cons. He and Raf would still have the sibling dynamic, but Raf would be more like he was in Scrapheap: an adorable, intelligent kid who has a fiery temper when someone hurts his friends.

Airachnid would still rejoin the 'Cons, but in order to secure her loyalty, Megatron would allow her to indulge in her sadistic hobbies. He would even go along to see what the fuss is about. Airachnid would be his torturer and human expert instead of a wannabe Starscream.

With Optimus, unless I decide to go with the canon plot, I would scrap his current characterization and go with something that's a mix of Bayformers Optimus and his Hubworld bio: he's a good man who has the weight of the world on his shoulders, who deals with the guilt and pain of so many lives lost by projecting a hard, serious, grim exterior. He isn't irritable the way Arcee is, but he isn't cuddly either, though occasionally we get a glimpse behind the mask. As the HubWorld bio put it, he genuinely cares about innocent lives, but he's seen way too much war, he's been through more than any man should have to go through, he bears the physical and psychological scars of centuries of warfare, and he knows that there's more to come. The series would examine the idea that while it's fun to watch Optimus Prime, it sure isn't fun to be him.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'd make Miko the mute one instead of Bumblebee.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'd take the best character and ruin them, just cause I'm petty and spiteful. :D 

14. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't really think of anything good, but I like Honorbound's idea for Airachnid.

I do remember someone mentioning in another thread the idea of Airachnid becoming insane over the season due to her desire for revenge against Arcee and Jack and that resulting in her demise. If I could change her, I would have her start to show small signs of that insanity in the last part of Season 1 rather than her replacing Starscream in the fail department.

For the person who mentioned this in another thread, I give all the credit to you, but I can't remember your name. Sorry.

15. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Bumblebee: I would hope we receive more than an explanation as to how he lost his voice. Hearing his voice in Operation: Bumblebee is a nice change, but a permanent change would be better.

Airachnid: Change her back to the sadistic seriel killer she once was instead of being a second-rate Starscream. I'm hoping that satisfying beatdown from Soundwave resolves that issue for Season 2.

Knock Out: Change him in any way, shape or form to prevent people from constantly asking, "Is Knock Out gay" without changing his overall appeal.

16. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I don't see why it's a problem if people think that. he's a robot on a kids show, it's not gonna come up. and even if for some reason they decided to do an ep on a "gay" transformer (how do you know the rest are straight?)... what's the problem?

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I'd make everyone a bit more like WFC, except Bee and Arcee and Prime.

Read the poster that my sig is postering.
    You don't get what I mean, do you? ;D

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I would make/replace:
    Optimus Prime a nicer character like his G1 counterpart
    Bulkhead more of a serious guy while still being fun
    Completely replace Bumblebee with Jazz and Sideswipe
    Have Soundwave speak

Oh, hell no.

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    FOC/WFC are confirmed prequels to Prime. FOC probably will explain, seeing as how GI said "is he dead?" and the wound he has is near his throat.

20. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    I would give Bumblebee a damn voice.