If you could change anything in the TF movies.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus4EVER, May 12, 2017.

1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    wasn't there a scene in the animated movie where a couple of them (forgot which ones) were looking at a Playboy Cybertron with Arcee on it in a provocative pose? granted it's for robots, but Cybertronian libido was established. i guess it's just another one of those things that prove they're living, sentient organisms as opposed to plain robots that can't feel anything.

i guess the humor in 1 and 2 were still acceptable for me and didn't bother me too much, although i guess by 3 people would've gotten tired of them. i'm more bothered that after part 2, there was no consistency and establish a smoother flow of the story than the humor. the humor i didn't have problem with as long as it was just meant as a one-time gag so thank God Bumblebee peeing was not repeated in the sequels, although, yes, it was probably a pointless scene anyway because then we would be asking if Cybertronians could pee which of course they don't have to because their excretory systems are going to be a whole lot different than humans. it's just one of those sophomoric dumb jokes michael bay wants to put in his movies.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    ^That was Octane who was ogling a photo of an Arcee-like robot.

If there was one thing I could change about the movies it would be removing the toilet humor and sex jokes. Toilet humor is the lowest form of comedy (IMO) and is more annoying than funny.

• Like Like x 3
  3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    If his spark didnt faded, he could've been fixed, but the damage was to severe that his spark faded.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I noticed it, too!

The first movie is about Autobots and Decepticons trying to retrieve the Allspark. There is major human presence, but their actions relate to the Transformers' story. If you take human element out, the Autobot-Decepticon will still fight for the Allspark. If you take Autobots or Decepticons out of the equation the plot falls apart.

In ROTF the main plot's focus is on the Fallen and Decepticons trying to uncover the Sun Harvester (destroying Earth in the process). The end goal of the Fallen is a direct threat to the humans and the Autobots' goal is to stop him and protect Earth. If you take the humans out of this scenario, there is nothing left to fight over or for. If you take the Autobots out of the story, you still have Decepticons trying to destroy the world and humans protecting it. It's not an Autobot-Decepticon story, but a human-Decepticons story. I think that ROTF would work better if they changed the Transformers' goals. E.g. having Autobots trying to stop Decepticons from bringing the Fallen to this world (and the end of the world that would follow). It does not change much in the story structure, but both Autobots and Decepticons have their end goals and humans are caught in the middle. In DOTM there is similar situation. When you remove humans and the threat to their world out of the story, the story collapses, because Autobots have nothing to fight for.

AOE started well. The 2/3 of the movie was about protecting Optimus Prime from Lockdown and his human alliance. The end goal of this scenario would be saving Optimus by stopping Lockdown. The humans are involved (and their story remains intact), but Optimus is the reason they fight. If you take out humans, you still have Lockdown hunting Optimus. If you remove Autobots, you have no story. It's a Transformer story. However, near the end of the movie we are introduced to Galvatron and his plan to use the Seed and destroy a city in the process. And that marks the moment when the focus of the story shifts and the end goal becomes protecting Earth instead of Optimus. The setup-payoff dynamic is disturbed. The story fix? Removing Galvatron's master plan from the story. The final battle still takes place, because Lockdown decides to abandon subtle methods of capturing Optimus for brute force (the magnet scene) and the big battle happens between Autobots and Lockdown's henchmen (instead of KSI drones). And Galvatron? His disappearance in noticed by KSI only after battle and as the end credits roll in he vows to return.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You also get a sense of disconnect when it is clear that a Transformers' presence in a scene wasn't accounted for during the actual filming of that scene and only added in later. In just about every scene that included robots in TF1, the scene doesn't work if the robot isn't there. Most of the robots' dialogue would have had to been finalized prior to shooting, because the interaction is sharp. In ROTF and DOTM, most of the minor Transformers' dialogue seems to be added in after the fact, and it's usually one-sided interaction. For example, Que introduces himself and talks to Mearing, but Mearing never acknowledges him.

In AOE they resolved this quite a bit, probably due to keeping the cast small.

• Like Like x 1
  6. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

Problem with ROTF is that none of the robots really have any agency nor do they do anything for literally the entire second half of the movie. In the first half they were actively trying to capture Sam, in the second half they don't do anything they just sit back and wait for either Sam to get the matrix or for the human authorities to get him for them. So in response the Autobots don't do anything either and you're left with literally a third of movie be about humans running around trying to find a McGuffin.

ROFT it literally "things happen because fuck you - the movie". You can make a spectacular thing using all the same element from ROTF but that's not the topic right now.

The numerous CGI mistakes of robots suddenly disappearing from scene to scene also proves that they didn't really thing though where each character will be placed when the CGI comes and were winging it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

...I take it all back. This is how the films should have gone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Oh yeah! I could shake your hand!

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

well check out Mr Chaos's versions of the films.

these are way better than the bayfilms.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Yes! Agree! Well, the toilet humor...do not understand Octane/Arcee but agree on toilet humor!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    There's a G1 Episode where Octane can be seen ogling a pin-up style photo.

12. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Get rid of the gradeschool humor and make the characters either closer to the source material visually or make them new characters (i.e. Beast Wars, Car Robots, etc.). If you want Bee to be a Camaro that's fine, just make his robot mode atleast look something like a Bumblebee we will recognize instead of looking like Optimus already blew his face off. Same with Ironhide (although I love both the modes. If they'd called him Trailbreaker, I'd have no issue). And don't get me started on the primary cannon Decepticons (I maintain to this day that someone sent the visual arts guys an image of Waspinator's head on Starscreams body has a joke and that what they used in the movie. Screamer looks like a damned bug). Oh and loose every human is the first three movie that's not Sam (plot device), Mikala (hot chick in a Bay movie) and Lennox's team. Everyone else is unnecessary for more than five minutes.

13. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

twins in dotm

14. FirestormBlizzard

FirestormBlizzard No. 1 Jazz Fan

If I could change it, I'd make it so the series didn't focus so much on Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, and stop it from constantly killing off main Autobots characters.

To be honest, when I watched the first film, I could tell Optimus and Bumblebee would be the last survivors. It was so obvious, and really annoying.

15. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I think Mikala should have been cut out. She was used as little more than eye-candy.

Personally, I don't get why people flip their lids over the characters "not looking G1!" The movieverse isn't meant to be G1, so I'm fine with the characters looking different. It's not like Transformers hasn't used same names for different looking characters before. G1 Silverbolt as an acrophobic (afraid of heights) jet, Beast Wars Silverbolt was either a combiner Hawk or a "heroic character" (his words) wolf/eagle fuzor. So Movieverse Ironhide being a black truck rather than a red Vanette doesn't bother me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've been thinking about what I would change in Revenge of the Fallen. Assuming the first movie is still as is, here is what I would do.
    Combine Skids and Mudflap into one character. Those two were interchangeable so it did not make sense for them to be two separate characters.
    Get rid of the Sam says I love you subplot. Yeah I know that is more realistic does a lot of us go through that but we don't need to see that in a movie about giant robots.
    Have Jetfire's death have more meaning. Have him die fighting a group of Cons.
    The Fallen would not be the Decepticon's founder. Instead he would be someone who found the Decepticons after Megatron's defeat.
    Seymour Simmons would not be working in his mom's Deli. Instead he would still be working for the government in an unofficial capacity.
    Finally I would have shown a much larger reaction to everybody running about the existence of Transformers. I would have shown the social and religious aspects of learning that we are not alone in the universe. This is also set up a subplot in my version of Dark of the Moon where there would be groups of people who would worship both the autobots and the Decepticons.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

I disagree. I think they were deliberately reimaging G1 in the first movie and that's why people complain about how far certain characters stray from the original (I think they look like someone raided a junkyard for parts that they put together at random and called a robot mode and therefor are very ugly, that's my main problem with them). Should IronHide have been a van, not necessarily. Should he have been a red truck instead of a black one to more resemble the source material, probably. Give Bee a head sculpt that at least resembles one of his various incarnations over the years and use everything else, good to go (I love his battle mask btw). Movie Optimus was G1 Optimus to the core (at least at first. hell there was even precedence for his altmode that most people forgot about; Laser Prime), I just think his robot mode was really ugly. And your Silverbolt example makes no sense in the context of what I'm saying. Beast Wars Bolt was never meant to be Gen1 Silverbolt, whereas the Movieverse Autobots and Decepticons are another incarnation of the G1 (IMO).

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That reminds me, years ago in Toyfare Magazine (remember them?) There was an interview with the producer , not Spielberg, but the other guy, but in the interview he says that they were going for a G1 movie with hints of Armada. I wish I still had the issue so I could take a pic and post it.

19. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Hindsight is 20/20. Whether one likes the movies individually or not the movies are what they are, and I am against changing movies form their original form in most instances.

I'd change 2007 the most. It has the shortest run time, but it also has the most needless subplot of all of the films in the hacker story. I'd get rid of that. Also, show where Barricade actually went, and make the Decepticons interact with each other more.

In ROTF I'd make it so Devastator actually fights using certain parts of his body as a mace against the Autobots for some crazy action! Also, have a little more screen time for the Fallen.

IN DOTM I would have shown the Autobots being captured by the Decepticons and shortened the gliding scene.

In AOE shorten the magnet scene (Tthe Dinobots getting caught in it was awesome, but the human parts could have been 50% shorter; the scene isn't as bad as it's made out to be, it just needs to be trimmed) and mostly eliminate the motorcycle chase. AOE is the film I'd change the least actually.

20. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Source? The Movieverse is about as much G1 as WFC is TF: Prime. Sure, Hasbro can say they are the same, but it's obvious they are not. Nowhere in the entire decade since the 2007 movie came out have I heard anyone ever say that the Movies are suppose to be G1. The movies have call-backs and references to G1 (and Animated, and Prime) but they are not meant to be seen as a version of the G1 continuity family. Personally I think that's a good thing, because, as I have already seen, people whine and moan that "It's not Geewun!" enough for them. Like Transformers has never been revamped before *eye roll*.

• Like Like x 3