If you could change anything in the TF movies.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus4EVER, May 12, 2017.

1. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I think we call it All Hail Megatron :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  2. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Take out a lot of the toilet humor, make them a bit more family friendly while still have serious moments where characters die and intense action. Focus way more on the Transformers, and move on from Sam in progressing sequel without dropping him from the films entirely. I'd also bring in the Dinobots sooner, giving them a different origin that would be something similar to Fall of Cybertron and have Devastator actually munch a few Autobots. Arcee wouldn't die, and the Autobots in AOE would have the same personalities, just not being as murderous.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

First up would be a hard reboot. Just not a fan of hey we can fix this once you are too far in, better to let a creative team have a clean slate to work with rather than being chained to the past films. Also a convenient excuse to bring back A list Autobots and Decepticons.

New designs. Going 100% G1 just doesn't fit live action, but change to the point where us old geezers don't know who the heck it is doesn't sit well either. Somewhere in the middle might be a nice blend of nostalgia with how a good designer can make something pop in live action. Perhaps something more like Prime's first movie look just simpler. 20,000 moving parts is super cool during a transformation sequence but distracting as heck the rest of the time.

Simpler stream lined story. These movies are seen as a summer popcorn roller-coaster have fun action flicks, not Lord of the Rings so go for that rather than epic long run times and side plot points to nowhere. Also an evil plot by the bad guys that isn't a world ending event. We know the good guys are going to win because Hollywood is scared as hell of a bad guy win, but when the end of the world is on the line you know the bad guy has lost already. Sort of how you know Ultron has lost as soon as it's clear he wants an extinction level event, but you kind of feel like hey Lex Luther can pull off getting Batman and Superman to beat the crap out each other then finish off who ever is left standing.

Play up the paranoia of the robots could be anywhere at any time. Part of what made Aliens work was the xenomorphs might jump out and attack at any moment so even an empty hallway could a tense place. With Transformers it feels like they have been missing out on that potential for a good old fashioned ambush with silly ideas like detectors. Make the alt modes foolproof so that the good guys can never be sure that one of those cars in the parking lot might not be a Decepticon looking to stab them in the back when their guard is down.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yup. It's the inverse ninja method. There were only about four or five Decepticons that could actually fight so each one had a prolonged scene of action. But with hordes of generics needing to be mopped up by movie's end, each needs to be about as tough as tissue paper.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's hard to decide on just one thing I'd change about the movies. The obvious ones are removing the immature jokes and improved, less forced dialogue. And of course, more time dedicated to the robots. I think SPLIT LIP hit a lot of the right notes, but there's a few other things that I'd personally like to see done differently

Transformers

The first film is undeniably pretty good as it is. I'd definitely cut down on a lot of Sam's personal life and maybe just flat out get rid of Michaella. Or hell, replace Sam with Michaella. Either way. Have Bumblebee reveal himself early on and spend time on Sam/Michaella and Bumblebee building a bit of a friendship before the other Autobots arrive

Revenge of the Fallen

Scrap Leo, Arcee, and Jolt

Go back to the original idea of Megatron working with the Fallen because the Fallen has promised him great personal power, as opposed to just working for him because the Fallen's his master. Megatron would only find out about the Fallen's existence after being ressurected, where he finds him in his throne. Likewise, at the end of the film, have Megatron and the Fallen duke it out when Megatron finds out that he's been lied to. And have it be the Fallen that damages Megatron's face, as opposed to Optimus

The Fallen wouldn't be a demi-god like he was in the film. Rather, the whole "Only a Prime can kill a Prime" would be a lie concocted by the original seven to keep their servants in-line. Have him explain how he discovered the Decepticons and how he commandeered them from Megatron in his absence

Rather than Jetfire dying and his parts magically attaching themselves to Optimus in the desirable configuration with some jolts of electricity, have Jetfire donate the parts (jet trusters, guns, additional parts and armour) that Ratchet can weld on to Optimus and configure to him. Jetfire is still alive after this point, but he's reduced to the bare bones of his frame (with spark still hanging out from the damage done by Scorponok). He'd later die at the end of the film when Optimus thanks him for his help, with his last words being something along the lines of "No, thank you, my Prime"

Make the twins more akin to how they acted in the Tales of the Fallen comic - naive, innocent, and generally childish. Instead of being, y'know, racist stereotypes. And maybe dial back the ugly on the faces a bit

The Nemesis would be on Mars, like in the comics, to make the travel distance a lot more reasonable

Dark of the Moon

Cut Mirage

Much like the first film, I think Dark of the Moon is pretty solid as it is. As SPLIT mentioned, I'd probably scrap Carly and build more of a relationship between Sam/Michaella and Dylan

Have the Twins appear in the film, and die by Sentinel's hand.

I'd also have it so that it was Shockwave and Sentinel that made the deal to save Cybertron, rather than Megatron and Sentinel. The deal would've been made as a back-up plan in case Megatron or Optimus couldn't retrieve the Allspark, which they obviously didn't. Shockwave brings his plans to Megatron, finding him somewhere in Africa as per, and informs him of what needs to be done

A lot of the rest of the movie would play out as it did. However, Sentinel would be more uncomfortable with using humans as slaves, only to be kept in line by Shockwave's bullying. In the actual movie, the scene where Sentinel tackles Megatron, reminding him that "[he] work with you, not for you" would involve Sentinel taking solace in the fact that Cybertron can now be saved and the war is finally over. Shockwave would then tell him that this is not an alliance between Autobots and Decepticons, only a temporary truce to solve a mutual problem, and that Sentinel "would be wise to remember who you work for."
    Sentinel would eventually be the one to deactivate the pillar, knocking it from the building. Shockwave would turn on him and beat him to near death before Optimus can intervene. The final battle would take place in a similar way to how it did, only with Shockwave in place of Sentinel and less of the "We were gods once!" talk. Shockwave would again badly cripple Optimus before taking a beating from, and eventually being killed by Megatron, who feels he was losing his Decepticons. He'd have a line like "Once already I've had my power taken from me. Not again" in reference to the Fallen taking control of te Decepticons in the previous film

Megatron would proclaim that he's going to reactivate the pillar, and be hailed as the saviour of Cybertron. But Optimus insists that Megatron will have to go through him. The two duke it out, but Optimus eventually gets the upper-hand on Megatron and kills him

With his dying breath, Sentinel would apologise to Optimus for all the things he has done. Optimus is reluctant, but forgives him as he goes offline

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. Now we just need to fix AOE...

7. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

here's how i would do the first Transformers movie.

-replace Mikalea with Carly
    -have the Transformers look like this.
    [​IMG]
    - Sector 7 would not only research Transformers but other creatures as well. maybe a have an Inhumaniods reference here and there just to set up a Hasbro cinematic universe.
    - have Optimus say that his team have been here since 1984.
    - Bumblebee gets his voice back and stays that way for the rest of the films.
    - have subtle references to G.i. Joe , M.A.S.K., ect.

• Like Like x 3
  8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i would mostly keep them the same, but try to improve them, so that people could enjoy them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Aside from all this...
    ...a few other things:
    - I'd have thrown the "Ancient Aliens" approach for story ideas into the trash early on.
    - Megatron would have had his TLK design from the beginning, since he'd have been dead all that time; in retrospect I'd probably keep his AOE truck mode/robot body (with, again, a proper transformation), but also keep his TLK head/helmet and arm cannon.
    - Bumblebee would have maintained his inverted Evasion Mode/Stealth Mode color scheme throughout AOE and from then on (a further nod, I suppose, back to SW and the way Luke went all Johnny Cash for Ep. VI)
    - Optimus would have had his DOTM design from the beginning, complete with trailer-as-weapons-rack; I'd have forgone the flight-pack mode, though.
    - That group of Lockdown's pet Predacons? One's a Sharkticon.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    But then fans get pissed off because it's pretty much ignores the build up from the first 2 years. :D 

Can he have Sam get tickets to see Jem? :D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigfootRULES

i said SUBTLE.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was thinking more about what I would what I would change about the first movie.
    1: No opening narration.
    2: Open with a Decepticon ship landing in the Arctic thousands of years ago. None of this Megatron flying off on his own crap. Megs would assemble a team. Have Megatron and Starscream go off to search and Starscream shoots Megatron, trapping him in the ice. Starscream then makes up a story about an Autobot trap and they leave.
    3: Blackout would be Soundwave. His alt mode would be a HumVee.
    4: Laserbeak, not Scorpanok, would go after Lennox and his team.
    5: Sam would have no family history with the TFs. He would accidently find himself involved in the Bot/Con War.
    6: Mikeila would be a few years older, maybe an S7 agent.
    7: Instead of being at Hoover Dam, the Allspark was moved to Area 51 in the 1950's.
    8: Megatron is kept at a separate location. Soundwave is key to his rescue.
    9: Mass shifting would be common, but, like the IDW G1 books, it takes a lot of energy.
    10. No world wide blackout. In fact, the Battle of Mission City would make CNN, Fox, MSNBC etc....
    11: Prime kills Megatron. Not Sam.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bigfootRULES

i had an idea similar to yours.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Great minds do think alike :D 

15. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2007 Movie
    -During the Disposal of the Decepticons' Bodies cut to the Autobots having a memorial for Jazz similar to the one in the comic book Alliance I think?

Revenge of the Fallen
    -Have Sideways report to Soundwave they couldn't find "it" before Sideswipe takes him out.
    -Demolishor laughs as he slaughter Nest Soldiers and and those people on the Bridge.
    -Sideswipe says "He's at it again" a reference to Demolishor killing Sideswipe tribe on Cybertron in one of the comics. Clenches his fist and say's this ones yours Optimus and Ironhide.
    -Ironhide transforms and jumps on Demolishor Wheel.
    -Ironhide asks Optimus if that was the right decision executing Demolishor. Optimus responds along the lines of not wanting anymore humans suffering for Demolishor and his fun.

Dark of the Moon
    -During the first Appearance of the new Nest Base before Mearing's introduction the camera pans along a wall of names
    "Jazz"
    "Arcee"
    "Jetfire"
    "Jolt"

-Few Human Nest Soldier Names
    -Keep Mikaela. End Credits scene has the Surviving Autobots, Epps, Lennox, Sam's Parents, and Simmons attending Sam's and Mikaela's Wedding. With a Wedding Photo similar to Transformers Cybertron.
    The_All_Main_Characters_of_TransFormers_Cybertron_(Ending).jpg
    -Scenes of the interior of The Driller's cock pit with Shockwave piloting.
    -Add The Twins and their Death scenes.
    -Before the Autobot leave on the Shuttle they have a short memorial for Ironhide, Skids, and Mudflap.
    -Have Optimus grudgingly mention to Epps and Sam that Shockwave was responsible for their new base and the Death of a Few Autobots before he orders The Wrecker to Distract Shockwave and be careful.
    -Wreckers battle Shockwave first in Vehicle mode then in their robot mode. Shockwave shows off some impressive moves forcing them to retreat for now till they come up with a better plan. Ala Shockwave's death scene. Wreckers transform back into Vehicle Mode and fall back. Shockwave shows off his tank mode, but before he can pursue them gets an order from Sentinel to guard the Pillars. Oh and they accidentally leave Brains and Wheelie behind they are thrown out of Leadfoot's car mode before they fight Shockwave.

Age of Extinction
    -Cut out Romeo and Juliet law
    -Add the Autobots dancing with Tessa while Shane, Optimus and Cade look on and the father give a warm smile when they see Tessa and Bumblebee. Reminds Optimus what he was fighting for with Nest.
    -Mearing returns having some influence of Cemetary Wind worried the Autobots might turn against Humans like Sentinel. She has a redemption arc.
    Edit: She helps Cade defeat Savoy with some awesome self defense moves saying that's what you shouldn't disrespect your superior officers. Mearing is up in age older than Cade. Savoy The Football scene is kept in. Mearing doesn't bother following them in the rooftop chase. But Savoy is slightly exhausted.
    -Sideswipe
    -Extended Footage of Leadfoot's death Cade says the footage is live. Cuts to where it's happening Leadfoot
    orders the other two Wreckers saying their names Roadbuster and Topsin to retreat, they refuse, and are both shot down suddenly by Lockdown entering the scene.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm, there's a couple things I could think to change, but one I'd really have loved to see was make the Shane's car from Age of Extinction a Transformer. It would have added more to Shane's character, and to the movie in general. Maybe he met Rollbar/Smokescreen (I think either name could fit, since the toy was named Rollbar and Smokescreen was playing a big part in Prime while the movie would have been in development) shortly after Dark of the Moon and has been helping him hide from Cemetery Wind, but when Prime is in danger Rollscreen sacrifices himself to help him get away with the humans, one of whom has been his close friend for about three years. You could keep T.J. Miller's death scene too: let that be when Rollscreen sacrifices himself. Maybe he lets them out and tells them to hide so he can help Prime, but in the confusion he doesn't notice Lockdown is missing and turns around to see him going after the humans, so Rollscreen tells Prime he can handle the Cemetery Wind guys and Prime stops Lockdown, but not before he throws the grenade and we have that same running explosion scene. Shane, Tessa, and Cade pile into Optimus, and they get away just in time as Cemetery Wind takes out Rollscreen, with Shane either watching heartbroken as they drive away, or struggling to go back for his friend.
    This change would also help Shane's character: already he has some history with the Transformers, so he'll be competent in fights instead of the baby he is in the actual movie (I'm instantly reminded of his dropping the gun on Lockdown's ship), and it gives him motivation to stay with the group outside of his girlfriend, giving him some more depth.
    (I've maybe thought this out too much. :p )

17. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would change a lot.

First, all films need to have more focus on the Transformers themselves. That is not to say Sam or any of the other humans don't get focus, but they shouldn't be the main characters.

Next, change the designs. Some of these designs are so poorly done. For example, Skids and Mudflap look terrible, or Bumblebee's AOE design not trying to divert itself from Stinger's design (I'm personally starting to think they should have stuck with the old Camaro for the entirety of AOE). I feel they should be more recognizable to past designs. Like Bumblebee you can kind of tell who it is, but I'm pretty sure it was a stretch for most fans at first. Sideswipe doesn't really look like Sideswipe either, neither does Starscream, Megatron, etc.

Third, have more focused stories. Actually, one thing I really do like about the films is how risky some of them get with the plot ideas after the first one. ROTF focuses on a Transformer who is one of the most powerful Transformers. DOTM focuses on an old Autobot who wants to reform Earth into Cybertron. AOE focuses on the aftermath of all the films and puts the Autobots in danger of being killed. Each of these stories sounds amazing, but each of them had a lot going on in them.

ROTF had focus on a human organization helping the Transformers out, a combiner with a wrecking ballsack, the Death of Optimus Prime, the Resurrection of Megatron, dogs humping each other, Sam's college life, wasted cameos, artifacts, Soundwave being a satellite, under-developed Decepticons, a leg humping toy car, hot girls, a jet who shows up for about 10 minutes before combining himself with Optimus Prime, several Primes, and of course the basic premise I explained above.

DOTM has the basic plot along with, Megatron returning from hiding, Soundwave being a car, a cluster of new Autobots who each have about 10 minutes of plot, random disappearances of old bots from ROTF, under-developed Decepticons, Shockwave with his drill pal, Carly, the Moon, the Decepticons using the moon to bring other lesser known Decepticons coming to Earth, Predator like Decepticons, Laserbeak disguising himself as other things and killing people, Optimus Prime losing an arm, the Autobots being exiled for about 10 minutes (maybe less), hot girls, a wasted opportunity of using Wreckers properly, random deaths of characters we have known for about 5 minutes, and Starscream getting his eyes pulled out of his head.

AOE has the basic premise and, hints at Creators, Lockdown (which actually kind of makes sense in the plot), humans being more annoying this time around than the last three films, Lucky Charms, Romeo and Juilet, TJ Miller getting himself blown up even though he would have been more interesting than Tessa and Lucky Charms combined the way they wrote TJ's character, hot girls (wait this might get into perverted territory because in the film Tessa is still in high school or just graduated or something like that), Dinobots who have no place in the plot whatsoever, underdeveloped Decepticons and Autobots even though they all have interesting personalities, Decepticons being able to be created on a whim, some guy's beer truck who got beer stolen from by Mark Wahlburg, Galvatron, Stinger, and a big ship in Chica..I mean Hong Kong.

I didn't even cover the first film and the potential of the fifth film (based of the trailers, I don't even know how much this film will be clustered with plot points).

You could fix this problem by well, choosing to include less characters. The second movie could not have had Devestator, Alice, Wheelie, Sideways, Skids, Mudflap, the sisters, and Jolt, and the film would have been fine. DOTM could not have had Dino, Que, the Dreads, Carly, Ken Jeong, and Drill and nothing would have been affected. AOE could have lost Tessa and Lucky Charms and it would have been fine. Of course you could keep all these characters, but they have to be more than just there and have proper development that works.

Fourth, new writers/directors. Personally, I think Michael Bay will always nail the visual sense of what he needs to compel, but other than the visuals everything about these films feel off. That is why new writers could make the film more interesting and new direction can give the film the proper footing it needs.

Fifth, recognizable actors. I really should be able to not get confused on who each actor is and need to google them with these films. Mark Wahlburg and Ken Jeong have so far been the only two I have not google searched on the human end. Voice actors isn't necessary to be recognizable as they need to get a proper voice across.

That said, other than that I have no problem with these films. I will say that the toyline is always fun to get, the one part I look forward to with these films.

• Like Like x 3
  18. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

If I could get away with it I'd have pulled everything out from the roots and made a films series based on the IDW comics starting with "Infiltration" to "All Hail Megatron." I don't think there'd be a budget to cover the whole idwverse but I sure as hell will try. Maybe "The Transformers 2009" and "More than Meets the Eye" can be Netflix tv shows.

But if we're speaking of Bay's films, I'd extend the robot fight scenes. The target audience is promised giant robots fighting and that's what I'd give them to balance out the odd human drama. I'd remove all scenes featuring humans talking to each other longer than 2 minutes. Prime and G1 had a decent balance between human and Autobot interaction and scenes not featuring everyone's favorite transforming robots feel like padding. More scenes with Autobots and the humans are needed too. ROTF had too many humans that never went anywhere and DOTM brought the parents back for no reason.

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Whether this qualifies as a change I don't know, but I want to see the Autobots engaging in more, proactive I suppose, acts of heroism. Similar in principal to what happened in the beginning of Dark of the Moon in Iran (without the baggage of being casus belli) but more localised. It's why as I think of it, I really wanted the Protectobots added to a movie or series: especially with the more blue-collar direction of it's human characters like Cade.

You know something that demonstrates in-universe as well as to the audience that the Autobots are capable of doing more than blowing shit up, that they understand and can help us against more mundane dangers like a burning building, find people who are lost, help bring bank robbers to heel. Not everything they do has to be world ending, down to the wire stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  20. bigfootRULES

i would just start the sequels from scratch.