Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus4EVER, May 12, 2017.
.....what would you change?
Make the plot of Rotf make sense.
Less humans more robots.
The obvious answers...
- Have the foresight to plan it as an arcing trilogy out of the gate, but still have each individual movie feel as stand-alone as possible (ie: don't end each one on a cliffhanger)
- Hire a director that actually has some credible talent, skill, respect and proven track record
- Hire writers that actually have some credible talent, skill, respect, proven track records, and know more about the franchise than simply "big robots that turn into shit"
- Even with modernized alt mode updates, ensure the designs, colors, personalities & voices of characters properly represent their namesake so that people instantly know who they're looking at without needing title cards to tell them who is who because they all look the same
- Hire actors that are actual actors with talent vs. some leftover wannabe movie star nobodies from TV that you've barely ever heard of
- When a character dies, they stay dead
- Continue to grow the cast of robot characters per movie rather keep limiting it to stupid little 4-5 member teams that randomly change out with no explanation
- Completely avoid any & all inane ideas of ******edly tying Transformers to historic moments or structures on Earth
- And, you know, have actual plots... and stories... and continuity that isn't the equivalent of what a 10 year old child would come up with
I would change many things about 2-4, but they would probably require heavy rewriting. To keep this simple, here are three specific things I would change about TF1:
1) Cut or rewrite the scene where Bumblebee pees on Simmons (I get that they want to show his immaturity, so he can / should still tease him in some form, but that was just a little much).
2) Just show Barricade drive off or escape at some point.
3) When Sam is tending to Bee right after he gets crippled, have Jazz transform and show some form of concern in the background (even if it's just gesturing), instead of him just sitting there in car mode and Sam telling him to back up. It's a little jarring to have Jazz just sit there when he was the one who expressed concern for Bee multiple times previously in the film.
And now that I am still alive after removing 45 daggers 5000 bullets two missiles and the teeth of plagued rodents off my back, lets be serious:
1)Remove dem pesky umanz. Michaela my doll, we are directing a movie about robots. Your ass is fine but we dont direct a movie for young teens to masturbate. On that note Carly you are fired too. Yes I dont give a fuck about your real life names. NEXT. Oh yeah Mr Simons and you Spike get the fuck out...Now you and your family are ******ed (in the script).
Needless to say if you need humans you need to relegate them to tiertary roles.
2)Bot design and asesthetics: While this is subjective, I would follow a more lets say "Covered" Design than making their bodies a blurr of metal and pipes that leads only to confussion in the selling point of the movie: Freaking action scenes.
3)Rewritte the script. Make a concious decision here: Do we follow G1 or not? And if we want just elements of it, why do we keep the WORST elements in it? If we dont want any elements of it, throw the McGuffin away (hello Matrix), throw the predetermined roles away (No Starscream you will be a loyalist this time), and in general create something new and UNIQUE.
Make a new story. A coherent story that doesnt need Megatron to die 14194071348401421 times.
4)Make a concious decision on who our target group is: Do we need to cater to mature audiences (17+) or do we need to keep it as an American Teen level movie (12-16)? If the first throw out the idiotic humour. No frenzy you wont orgasm when you download stuff. No leghumping, no idiotic tweens,AND NO FARTS AND BEARDS.
Get rid of TF2:ROTF and make a better movie
I would have to agree with you all, except the language guys...I wonder if the guys who make the TF movies ever read threads/posts here....hmmmmmm
I agree with all of this except for two points. I've put those in bold.
1. I was 7 when the first one came out, and I've never had any trouble distinguishing the various robots, even in the fights. In fact, I think these movies have some of the best action scenes out of any series that has fights (except maybe Star Wars, of course).
2. Why get rid of beards? Every Transformers series has had characters with facial hair. I kinda like it, to be honest.
1)Oh comeone now, there are action scenes that when even if you put it on pause its all blurry. I can agree that not all of us find this a bad thing though, after all in real combat not everything is clear still...
2)Well honestly if I was to direct an actual 'realistic' film with robots fighting each other, I would remove these 'too human elements'. I mean comeone beards and cigars? We are talking about aliens.
1. Fair points
2. Oh, come on. This is Transformers. If you dont have a bit of corny, cheesy stuff here and there then its not really Transformers at all.
Theres a line to be drawn. Perhaps I was too rough with the beards but no farts for you
A race that scans human elements to fit in better. You know, kinda like the whole "robots in disguise" thing that's been going on for a few years now.
It's already been established that they use the World Wide Web to learn our languages, it's not a stretch to imagine they also found elements of humans they enjoy enough to attempt to emulate.
Clearly, Hound watched Tropic Thunder at some point.
Personally, I'd cut out the sexual humor, like "Sam's happy time". I'd also keep the "F" word out if it. Just a personal preference. I don 't think it's needed in TF. I'd also have more character development for both the Bots and Cons. Have a thought out plan for where the story will be going. Finally I'd change the designs to be more recognizable. I'm not saying they have to be G1, but even RID 2001 and Armada had it so that the characters were recognizable.
Growing a beard though? People trashed G1 for it.... Beats me IDK....
Megatron never dies in the first movie and remains as powerful as he was in TF1 during the rest of the movies. I hated watching Megatron deteriorate in the first three movies.
That wouldn't make sense though, since he died and sunk to the deepest part of the ocean for a while. Then he was rebuilt with inferior Decepticon parts. It makes sense that he would be a bit weaker.
TF1: Permanent faceplate on Optimus. Better head design on Starscream. Blockier design for Megatron. More coherent story. Better dialogue. Less potty humor. Remove the best friend character. Tone down Simmons. Way better dialogue. Lose the stupid radio gimmick with Bumblebee. Get rid of the slang dialect with Jazz. Give Ironhide a southern accent. For Pete's sake, improve the dialogue.
Return them to their old designs.
That's the key change in my original post.
Separate names with a comma.