If you could ask the creative team any one question about Transformers Prime...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you could ask any one question to the team at Hasbro Studios and the Hub about Transformers Prime, what would it be?

Hasbro has given us an opportunity to ask a single question of the people who're making the magic happen on Transformers Prime. I doubt they will be willing to hand out huge spoilers - but this is a great opportunity to find out about some of what goes on creatively behind the scenes.

So think of all those burning questions, and think of which one you'd like to see answered the most! Feel free to add your support to ideas already posted, or to suggest improvements to those questions - this is our chance to learn something cool about the background to the series.

We've had a little think staff side and after skimming through some of the more popular topics, we've come up with these as suggested questions - feel free to say "OMG this" to any that appeals to you or even suggest your own if you think we're missing the real gem that can be learned from this exercise.

1) What is the creative reason for Soundwave not speaking other than playing back recordings of other characters, and is there an in-universe explanation?

2) In the pilot episode, we see Jackson Darby's mother, but there is no reference to his father. Was his Dad simply elsewhere at the time, or was his father killed in a motor accident as some have taken from Jack's mother's comment about wearing a helmet?

3) Have we seen the last of Cliffjumper? What was the reasoning in creating a character whose main purpose in the plot was to be killed off, and will we see the effect of his death continue to have an effect on the Autobot team as the series progresses?

4) The Exodus novel, which Transformers Prime shares some continuity with, makes a lot of reference to the early history of Cybertron, and specifically the first 13 creations of Primus. With Unicron already mentioned, might we also get some reference to these other characters from Transformers myth and lore - especially as one of the 13, Alpha Trion, was apparently Optimus Prime's mentor?

5) Some of our users have commented on the level of violence in the show, particularly for example when Cliffjumper was killed off. What was the reasoning behind making this the most brutal Transformers series?

6) Is there anything from the pilot episodes that the team felt could have been done better and will be working to improve on in coming episodes? In what areas are you looking to raise the standard of what we have already seen?

I'm looking forward to seeing what all your suggestions are! Have fun everyone!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, that Soundwave question is tops. Sure, the others are interesting but the Soundwave question seems like it won't get answered on the show anytime soon so that get's my pick.

3. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    I have a question.

Will there be any other classic characters receiving the Prime treatment and getting re-imagined looks and personalities?

4. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I've seen and commented in at least three threads asking this:

Will Optimus Prime finally have some personal character arcs and emotions?

Also, allowing only ONE question seems kinda silly. What's wrong with a normal Q&A?

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I'm down with the question about why Optimus has a flat face without the mask. When I watched the show that really stuck out to me for some reason.

6. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Will we get toys?
    :lol  nah just kidding. This is really cool of them. Major kudos to the Hub/Hasbro staff for this :D 

My question is: Are we going to see any other iconic characters in the Transformers franchise like Shockwave or Jazz, and are we going to see new types of troops for the Decepticon army?

7. primal primus

primal primus Wants more Batman

The question about Cliffjumper. I want the answer.

8. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's my question for the create team:

Will we see more Transformers characters? If so, will they be modern/updated interpretations of characters from Generation 1? (for example: Jazz, Ultra Magnus, the Dinobots, the Aerialbots/Superion, Shockwave, Sixshot, the Insecticons, the Constructicons/Devastator)

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

will we get to see anyMain Decepticon's other than megatron receive a brutal and relevant death other than the random eradicons.

10. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the problem with that question is we're just going to get a form letter, PR answer. That's the big problem with Q&As, you can't get too story specific or they won't be able to answer. Also, one of the other sites participating will probably ask the question. I don't know, just would feel kind of a waste to me.

11. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I must know if Cliffjumper will return. Everything else can wait.

12. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Is the plan to keep this story running longer than the others? I'm kinda tired of a new TF Universe every 2 years.

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Why does Bumblebee have to sound like R2D2?

14. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    I feel like questions 1-4 are things that could/will be revealed down the road in the show itself, thus leading to a non-answer from Hasbro, so I'd strongly recommend not going with them. 5 & 6 are your best options, as that's just asking what the thought process is of the creative team.

15. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    definitely the cliffjumper question.

if i could pick a second, i'd ask how they're going to handle introducing new characters. slowly add permanent characters to the team like beast wars or give us one-off guest spots of new characters like animated? and maybe some insight on who we may see.

16. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

Will Optimus's past be explored in the Prime series? I am curious to see why he acts the way he does in the show.

17. Wonderboy777

Wonderboy777 Member

Will We See the All Spark in the some point of the Show (help rebuild Cybertron)

18. Dragonalchemist

Dragonalchemist Kiba-The-Life-Guardian

I doubt Megatron is dead so there is no need to question him. The violence/brutality has already been asked for me. More characters too and I believe someone already said more stuff about Prime, but I'll ask anyways if somone from the TF Prime creators looks at this.

1) Who gave the idea for Prime to be noseless and will we see more emotions or arcs from him besides him giving orders?

2) How many episodes will there be for each season?

3) When will the collective dvds come out? I want to save up for them.

4) ...I can't remember what I was going to ask.
    2)

19. jjd1981

jjd1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would ask: From a creative perspective, why keep the transformers looking so close the movie aesthetic? Is this for the sake of trying to not confuse kids who are fans of the movies, or was this a creative taste?

20. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Definitely interested in hearing about Cliffjumper. I feel like his presence would better round out the Autobot team.