If you can remake G1 Toys..

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Predaking, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Let's say you are head of Takara/Tomy and you can authority design team to make 3 G1 Transformers and incorporate them into Neo/Classic line. The new TF will look very similar to G1 but with articulation, ball joints, and bigger size to look better in every way. What 3 TFs would you want it make? Here's my list:

1) Blitzwing - Triplechangers that have 3 distinct modes similar to earth vehicles would be a blast. Not like E Scorponok and C Megatron they only have 2 good modes.

2) Grimlock - I want Dinobots to be made but take nothing away from G1. I want Cybertronian parts to show and not a realistic dino mode like BW and with ability to pose in any position with rotatable head and fingers a la alternators, etc. Something very close to G1 but bigger and very articulated. I want to do it with all 5 Dinobots but Grimlock is one I want to see the most.

3) Roadbuster - It's one of my favorite G1 toys and I often wonder if somehow it can be remade with ball joint limbs and alternator style hands so you can pose it any way you want. Everything else being the same but with joints and rotatable head and maybe sounds and lights.

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

BUMBBLEBEE Yes i know i cant spell. SWOOP> OH Yeah, and RUMBLE.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'd like to see a Bumblebee toy. He doesn't even have to be a specific brand-name vehicle. He could be an amorphous "compact sedan/hatchback" with design lines from the mini, the VW, the Scion Xa, etc. If he's yellow, compact and folds into a nicely-designed vehicle, (i.e., something with no retarded Cybertron-ish kibble sticking off the back) he's the Bumblebee I've been waiting to buy since G1.

I second the triple-changers. It would be really neat to see a Cybertron/Neo-G1 triple-changer with PLAUSIBLE, BELIEVABLE vehicle modes that are distinctly hidden. I mean, it kinda goes without saying that they'd be more articulated - as Hasbro has essentially raised the bar for themselves with the degree of ball joints on ALL of their transforming figures - but I think the toy designers have done a lot of shrugging off the trouble of designing believable 3-mode toys by molding techno-garbage all over the tops and sides of their toys. Scorponok and Cybertron Megatron are excellent examples of this. I mean, from a distance, they kinda, basically, look like their alternate modes. When I examine them in detail, the thing that keeps going through my head is "What type of vehicle looks like THAT? What a crappy disguise."

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Bluestreak - I love that (81?) Datsun Z
    Megatron - Must turn into a Walther P38 that's just as real as the original
    Grimlock - I want the dino mode to re-create the G1 looks pretty much exactly.

5. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    A talking and well articulated Soundwave figure.

6. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I third the triplechangers(was that stupid? probably :p )

I would also be very interested to see what they could do with the Dinobots. I've been very impressed with most of Cybertron. I think they could make some really cool Dinobots.

As far as anyone else? I'm not sure. Alternators has sastified my desire for updated toys of a lot of the regular guys. I guess I'd like to see Seekers that are at least as tall(preferablly a little taller) than the Alts. However, I think they've said that Neo-G1 is going to only be deluxe and basic sized.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Wheeljack
    Sunstreaker
    Trailbreaker.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Hot Rod. Favorite G1 character and all that.

9. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

1) Omega Supreme
    2) Megatron
    3) Grimlock

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Jazz.
    Prowl.
    Ultra Magnus.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Only three? Damn....

1. Grimlock- Agree, none of that organic stuff, pure metallic G1 goodness.

2. Soundwave

3. Prowl

If there were five slots, I'd have chosen all 5 Dinobots and NOT make them combine. The thing that was cool about the Dinos is they couldn't form a gestalt.

12. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Megatron
    Soundwave
    Jazz

-they havent really had good proper updates

13. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    wow, i don't know what more one could ask for than Cyb Soundwave and Alt Meister...

I feel like i'm getting everybody i could ask for between alts and the Classic Line, I'm especially excited for Jetfire, and pray they base it off Don's Skyfire-meets-valkarie design from DW v.3 and i gotta give it up for Predakings suggestion of Roadbuster. Great name and design, and would be SWEEEEEEET with modern toy standards.

and for #3???
    Sunstreaker ~ looked great in G1, but was even more brickatacular than most :p  (plus his Alt/BT is pretty far removed from his original design)

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Ultra Magnus

Carnivac

Fort Max or if thats two big Nightbeat

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well i am sure there will be several optimus primes... like 5 or 12.

16. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arcee, as seen in Transformers The Movie, not her little sister the Energon motorcycle
    Hot Rod, again as seen in the movie especially in vehicle mode (My dream car)
    Ultra Magnus, as seen in the movie that actually has legs in alt mode

17. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Ironhide / Ratchet - Hasbro & Takara have owed us molds that actually resemble the comics and cartoons for over 2 decades! I assume they would just repaint one to get the other...I'll allow it.

Jetfire - just repaint a Macross mold (new or old) again and I'll be happy.

Megatron - I never did buy the whole mass changing thing, even as a kid. A new vehicle mode would have to be used. Since this is such a crucial character, it would have to be Masterpiece/20th Anniversary quality.

18. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Iron Hide / Ratchet- I think it would be very possible for Has/tak to remake these characters to resemble the show

Astrotrain- He looked great on the show, I would love to see a closer rendition of him.

Skyfire- Why not just make a new toy based on the Jetfire toy. That way Has/Tak doesnt need to worry about getting the rights from Bandai.

I would actually like all of the G1 characters to me remade int something closer to the g1 Show. A toy line somewhere between masterpiece prime and Robot masters.

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Bandai isn't the problem. The original Jetfire toy is a Valkyrie from the Macross anime. They'd not only have to liscense the design (overall apearence) from Big West, or whoever holds the rights. they'd also have to deal with Harmony Gold, who is not only one of the more litigious companies around, but are also operating under the delusion that the designs from the animes they hacked together into their Robotech is some how their intellectual property. HG filed a similar lawsuit against FASA over Macross designs that FASA had liscensed from the proper company inJapan.

It's best that they come up with a new original design. Fewer headaches that way.

20. Agent Rodimal

Agent Rodimal Banned

Hhmm, kinda a tough one.

I'd go with:

A fully show accurate, articulated, jointed Rodimus Prime
    Arcee
    The Dinobots
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Megatron