Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfprime32, Apr 5, 2012.
if you are in charge/control of hasbro what would u do and why? for a month!
Knowing that a month probably isn't enough time to have the designers make a completely new mold and get it ready for production, I think I'd release all the FoC figures and make sure not to package like 7 Bumblebees with one Shockwave.
Grab as much intel as possible. Prototypes as well.
Fire the current staff and hire people that knew what they were doing.
Didn't we already have this thread already...
Why yes... yes we did.
I'd create duplicate threads on Transformers message boards every day.
Yeah, but when threads resurrect, it requires separation of the head from the neck with a blunt object.
Besides, everyone knows who runs Hasbro now:
Create what I think would be a "Best of Both Worlds" scenario for folks that buy 3rd Party goods.
Hasbro obviously doesn't like that 3rd parties are making money off stuff based on the TF IP... even if at times these projects are upgrades, now-niche concepts like Headmasters, Hearts-of-Steel figures, etc. They also don't feel that the response would be to make these figures, as they target kids moreso than collectors.
So... the best of both worlds would be to offer licensing options. You want to make Bot X's design/concept that we haven't used in Y years? Sure, pay Z dollars, and you can even put the TF Logo with "Licensed by Hasbro", and have fun!
I imagine at some point someone in either Hasbro or Takara considered this... but it's a complicated route, and it wouldn't guarantee full compliance for those making unofficial products.... So I'm guessing they quickly dismissed such an idea. Shame though... could be worth exploring... no? (Then again, Takara does offer licensing at times... DMK series and Revoltech OP/Megatron)
Bumblebee shall be two figures per case.
TFP Vehicon deluxe figures becomes three per case.
Work on TFP Insecticon figure as voyager figure.
Steal all the prototypes.
i would outlaw blank grey plastic on ALL releases. i would alow 3P at botcon. i would make a rule that all figures released in japan must be released in US as well.
- Bring back A/E/C and RID molds as new characters for Classics
- Hire employees to create an Optimus Prime that shares design elements of every Optimus Prime
- Buy back every Bumblebee, melt down all of that plastic and use it on new Kre-O's and flame accessories
- Work on a Transformer that Transforms into an Optimus Prime trailer and a "prototype" jet
- Work exclusively with Tfw2005 to give them news first
- Cancel My Little Pony toys
- Buy Mattel
I've stated this before, but I think I'd propose the idea of a postage paid label in every Hasbro product's packaging that consumers can use to mail back any unwanted packaging material (boxes, bubbles, twist ties, etc.). Think of how much stuff is being thrown away. I'm sure a fraction of that is being recycled, but I think Hasbro could be even more proactive and establish their own recycling facility where they can reuse said materials. It just keeps things more cyclical and it's better for the environment.
Ignore whiny man-children on message boards and do what makes me and the company money.
this, take all of the BBs and movie items down and replace them with the rarer Prime figures (especially some voyagers and a lot of deluxe vehicons. maybe have Steve be the name on the packaging ), and then gather intel on FOC dinobots and if they weren't planning on making them, i'd tell them to do it...IMMEDIATELY.
Steal a Dreadwing and put more Vehicons in each case.
If I ran Hasbro I'd remember two important things:
1) Transformer Fans rarely know what they want until you surprise them with something they didn't know they wanted but truly and deeply desired. This is way harder than it sounds, so I'd have to have a crack brain trust to help me flesh out what this looks like in a long term plan, and then get to work on implementing.
2) Children are our future, teach them well and help them lead the way. Yes, a Whitney Houston song (may she rest in peace), but also important to remember that children today are future adult consumers with children of their own down the line. Help them build memories by creating excellent products in all categories, and not just month after month of movie related product that hits the shelves and it soon gone from both eyesight and memory. Help children develop their imaginations with *N-E-W* properties that aren't mired in years of cannon and back-story that usually caters more to geeks and longtime fans than to children. Children should be at the forefront of the design process from beginning to end. Yes still respect geeks of course, but children should be first and foremost.
LOL... cute. Believe it or not at one point in (I believe) the 80's Mattel and Hasbro were to join forces to create one huge toy conglomerate. Eventually the deal dissolved due to politics at the highest levels (like it usually does when these deals are discussed), but it would have been interesting to see what a combined Hasbro/Mattel would do in the modern age.
How to sink a company: The thread
In a month? Nothing. I couldn't have any figures produced or make any changes since those take months of planning alone and, in the case of figures, years to implement.
Separate names with a comma.