If you are a MISB toys collector ...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AintNoSunshine, Sep 26, 2011.

1. AintNoSunshine

AintNoSunshine Active Member

Will you pay a lower price to get a transformers that was being handle by many ppl without buying and the battery life is going to finish ?

Or

Will you pay a higher price to get the transformers where the battery life still going strong and it was handle with care ?

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MISB collectors only collect items that are unopened. Therefore, the first scenario is not even an option.

3. AintNoSunshine

As in for some leader class there's a opening called "Try me" where you can press as many times you want. Therefore you do not have to open up the toy while you still can play with it. Isn't that counted as MISB also ?

Therefore it's still an option.

4. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I do not care about any sound gimmicks. The thing I worry about in my misb collection is battery leakage.

5. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I hate the 'TRY ME' function for several reasons.
    First being that it does encourage manhandling of a toy, wearing out the battery even before a toy is removed from the box. Secondly, it can lead to accessories or parts being stolen from the toy without needing to open the box much further. Thirdly, it does usually mean the toy contains batteries which can leak if not removed.

6. AintNoSunshine

I'm also :( 

7. AintNoSunshine

Leaking does happen it's just a matter of time :( 

They shouldn't include any battery in the first place. I'm glad that both of my movie masterpiece doesn't includes any of those.

8. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Then let's open those toys up!! Free them of their forlonging prison cell! Let there be light! :lol 

9. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would think misb collectors would stay away from the toys that had electronic lights and sound. If they kept them misb they'd risk battery leakage where the toy would be worthless, and if they opened them to just remove the batteries, well, they wouldn't be misb collectors then.

So I'd assume most misb collectors stay away from toys with such gimmicks.

10. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    There are toys though that are well sought after by misb collectors like the Masterpiece series, and some of those such as MP01 Convoy have electronic lights features.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is why the only toys I keep sealed are vintage pieces without batteries. I open everything else and promptly remove the batteries. Most of these toys, I've never tested the sound effects.

If you're planning on keeping battery-equipped toys sealed, please try and keep them in a dry, heated environment as much as you can. Use a dehumidifier in the room where your collection is stored.

But to answer your question, if I had a particular piece I wanted to keep sealed and pristine, with the packaging in the best possible shape, I'd buy from an online retailer. That way, shelf wear, sticky kid fingers and bored teenagers haven't become an issue with the piece.

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I learned this by watching Toy Story 2. I don't want my toys to turn evil like the prospector did because of traumatized life spent in his Seal box. Who will protect us if our Autobots go evil from not being freed from their plastic tomb.