If you already have MP-10, are you still getting TRU MP Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by archieboy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRU MP Optimus Prime is already available in Hong Kong as reported by Star Saber:

Masterpiece Optimus Prime sighted in Hong Kong - Transformers News - TFW2005

I went to the nearest TRU to check it out as soon as I found out. The packaging is really impressive and perfect to keep MISB for display. After spending 30 minutes++ in the store thinking about getting one, I finally decided not to since I already have MP-10. But now I'm itching to go back to the store to get one.

If you already have MP-10, will you still get this version?

2. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Formerly Neo Vox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I won't. I don't have anything against it at all, but I already have Takara MP-10. That, and with all the other Masterpiece and 3rd party figures planned to come out between now and December, I don't have the funds to pull it off.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i will for alt mode display

4. mpau25

mpau25 Well-Known Member

Probably going to pass on the TRU version, happy with MP-10, never really felt the urge to double dip. Agree with Neo Vox, too much product coming out in the next year!

5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    My question now is actually, will I still go get MP10 after acquiring Masterpiece Optimus Prime :lol 

6. archieboy

News Credits:
    Why would you still want to get MP-10? If it's for the alt-mode, then just get two TRU MPs. Although MP-10 prices have gone well under 200 USD in HK lately...

7. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    I have MP-04 and MP-10. I would love to pick up this TRU OP for the colors and to have a less expensive version to transform and pose on a regular basis. I've been very delicate with MP-10 given the price and only transformed him a handle of times.

Star Saber or archieboy, if you either of you happen to go back could I trouble you to pick one up for me? I'm in Shenzhen and can arrange to meet either of you in HK on the weekends or something. I'm contemplating going down to HK today (saturday) but I don't want to make the 2hr trip only to find them sold out.

Let me know, would appreciate it and love to meet more 'local' TF collectors while I'm at it. Thx

8. archieboy

News Credits:
    I went to the Festival Walk TRU in Kowloon Tong yesterday, and there was still a nice, big stack of the figure displayed; it seems that there is enough stock to last at least a week, even if demand is high. Still, I'm giving myself only until tomorrow to decide if I'm going to get one, just in case.

If you decide not to go this weekend, though, sure I'll pick up one for you. It would be nice to arrange some sort of meet up for fellow TFW members in the area.

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Actually you're right. I had the impression MP10 had a more metallic look about him, especially the legs. I was looking around galleries when you made your post, and now I'm thinking, I'll probably decide on getting another Masterpiece Optimus if it ever goes on sale :lol 

Not a local HK collector, I just drop by couple of times a year on business, was just lucky to be in town for the initial release :)  I agree with archieboy, I got mine in CWB, and there was just a huge stack. I imagine the TRU one in TST would also have just as much or more. I'd say its safe to say it's going to last until you get to HK if you ever decide to do so :) 

10. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

This may or may not be the thread, but can someone post a pic of all their masterpiece figures. I want to see how they scale together, especially this new OP. I am from the US and only have the Hasbro masterpiece figures, minus OP (1st version Starscream/Skywarp, Grimlock, Rodimus). I am really curious how the new OP and Starscream scale with the older figures, thanks. Also, they are releasing Thundercraker here with the new SS mold (MP-11)

11. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    Click on my collection thread link in my sig below. I don't have MP-11 displayed yet though but MP-10 is there.