If, when you see it, you feel the film wastes the franchise ...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Such Heroic Nonsense, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So...why would anyone think that the sequels will be different?

2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well, i cant tell the future so, w/e ever happens happens.

3. zailand

zailand Well-Known Member

I will watch da movies for a week and continue watchin it on DVD for as long as I want. I luv da trailers and da toys. I dont care bout Bay. I just wanna see the real Transformers.

Transformers!- dud-dud-dud-duuud... more than meet the eyesssssss!

4. Lord Madhammer

Lord Madhammer Just a simple man

News Credits:
    I love how we're talking about "different" as though it meant anything more than "giving the robots human faces".

Honestly, I could see that happening in the sequel, at least with the Autobots, as they acclimate to Earth and decide to make themselves less alien-looking to us... I wouldn't hold out much hope of this happening with the Decepticons, though. The less human they look, the better IMO.

man this is sounding like Beast Machines :lol 

5. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

But just by going to the theater and seeing the movie, you're approving of it and the way that it is now. So instead the investors will see that they did a good job and will continue with what they believe works. Furthermore, just because Bumblebee isn't a cute pudgy little VW with a car front for feet, or Megatron isn't a little gun, or Optimus has a different paint job does not mean it doesn't relate to THE FRANCHISE. The whole idea behind THE FRANCHISE is TRANSFORMING ALIEN ROBOTS... I don't see how much closer to THE TRANSFORMERS FRANCHISE this TRANSFORMERS MOVIE can be.

Honestly, I think a TRUE FAN, would not dismiss the film and talk so much trash about it before they even see it. A TRUE FAN would not cry and whine everytime a Transformer does not look exactly like they did when they were a child. A TRUE FAN would give the film an honest chance and evaluate it on its true merits AFTER they have seen it a couple times and can give more educated reasons about it then just "They not like when I was a kid, that why they suck!!!11!!1!"

Lastly, what purpose did your comment "Don Murphy and Bay are light in the loafers." really have to do with anything? That would be like Don Murphy or Bay saying that your post earns you a ride on the short bus. Totally unecessary and pointless other than to be snide and childish.

6. Lord Madhammer

Lord Madhammer Just a simple man

News Credits:
    Can we also keep in mind that Transformers have never before been designed to work in a live-action film setting? It's always been cartoons or toys.

thx

7. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

A live action setting for ages 13 and up, I might add.

That's two brand new markets for Transformers in one. Double trouble :D 

8. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'll go see it this summer, if the movie's bad then the movie's bad. But I personally don't feel that it'd have any bearing on the franchise as a whole. In fact Transformers: Heroes is still set to go and that's separate from the movie line itself. It's just good that there's a lot of differing things going on. That way there's something for everybody. 10 years ago all we had was the Beast line so if one didn't like that they were S.O.L. Now we've got a few different lines going so we can pick and choose :) 

I won't be going to the theater multiple times though. I've never gone to the theater to see a movie more then once. I migh buy the DVD if I like the movie though and also depending on the features :) 

Ugh :thumbdown  can't believe it's 2007 and people still use the "True Fan" label.

And seriously what does the "supposed" sexual orientation of Michael or Don have to do with anything? :peoples: 

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

TRUE FANS insert TF figures into bodily orifices (like their butt hole, for example) for sexual stimulation. Takes a kind of dedication that I'm just not capable of.

10. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I'll wait for you guys (and genera audiences) to give it a shot before I consider it. I'm just not interested in this movie right now, and in all honesty, I could care less if it is a hit or not. If it gets great reviews and audience reaction (not just fan reaction) is great, I'll probably give it a go in theatres. If not, I'll wait for the DVD and rent it. No late fees and all.

11. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I just see it this way:

Back during the 1980's, in order for the G1 Transformers toy range to 'work' in an animated series, they had to be remodelled (some slightly, some substantially). No single toy survived the transition intact. At the very least, each character had to be "fleshed out" to make a robot that looked good on screen. Imagine the animated Seeker jets having heads like their toys? It would have looked silly, and the model designers had to take steps to streamline them.

Now the same is happening for the movie: Characters are being remodelled in order for them to successfully work in a real environment as opposed to an animated one. I just consider these movie concepts as the Marvel "ULTIMATE" equivalent of Transformers.

12. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I don't know.

For me, it already wastes the franchise, but it already has more than 2 cool moments, so I don't know - it wastes the franchise in a cool way? Someone else here said it might turn into another Episode I, where we will only be able to see how bad it was in the long run. I hope not, but I believe so. In any case, I've ALWAYS stated that, as far as I hate the designs, I want to be proven wrong and I want this movie to hit bigtime. If it does, and I come out of it so amazed that I'm unable to talk (as I shamefully did when I watched Episode I the first time), certainly I'll see it again at the movies.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've been collecting Transformers since 1984. I have over 500 of them, from every generation. And I DO like the designs, and the new direction the movie has headed in.
    And you're trying to tell me that because of that I don't qualify as a "true fan"? Who the hell are you to decide who is a fan and who isn't?
    NO-ONE has that right. (and if you want to get picky about it, especially not someone who was born the year I started collecting)

14. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Hmmm... After growing truly sick of the "not a 'true fan'" insult being hurled at me over at the official movie board, I really thought I'd be free of it here.
    I'm 36 and was playing with Takara TF toys well before they even arrived in the West. I watched the cartoon upon it's "Roland Rat" show debut in the UK and bought the UK comic from the start.

The implication (and often, direct accusation) that supporting the movie and liking what I've seen so far somehow negates all this makes my ears steam.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Same here. I used to tape each 5 minute segment each day.

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

First off, the movie asthetic will not be used for anything other then the movies and movie related comics. That's all but assured. This is Transformers, every new series gets a new look.

Second, good or bad, this film is Transformers and with that it will bring life to ALL previous and upcoming incarnations to Transformers. I sincerely doubt a random action flick, again regardless of it's quality, will destroy this franchise. Hell, we're surviving through Kiss Play so it'll take a lot more then one(two technically) bad film to kill it.

Three, for a movie based on a cartoon that was nothing but action, adventure and one dimensional characters, I can't think of a better director then Bay. But then again I never really *cared* about directors as long as the movie itself is good. That said, Armaggedon is one of my favorite films and I thought The Rock was a pretty kick ass movie for it's type.

As for how many times I will go see the film in theaters, once. I very rarely go to the movies as is so I can't see myself going to see this one film more then once in theaters. Unless this is the "MOST AWESOMEST OF AWESOME FILMS EVAR MADE!!11!" then I won't bother going back a second time, regardless of how much I liked/disliked it.

And for the 'TRUE FAN' debate, all I can say on this subject: Don't feed the trolls.

17. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Somebody get me a doctor.....this thread will not stop making me laugh.

I really have no words that the moderators would find acceptable with which to address the nonsensical rantings contained in this flame-bait thread.

18. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Draven and redsquadron:

Speaking as The One True Fan, I approve of your continued status as actual Transformers fans.

19. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I'll probably spen my first day in the theater