If/when the first robot dies...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by WreckNRule426, Jul 18, 2011.

1. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

who do you think it'll be???

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper/Skyquake/Makeshift all say hello. Unless you're referring to main cast, then I dunno.

3. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

that rhymed

4. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

Kill Optimus Prime! Then, look outside our windows and see the kids who like him get disappointed! Ah... It will be the 80s all over again.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't help but think that Breakdown will die first out of the bigger cast members. I don't know why, just feels like it.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Doubt it, probably be more like "So Prime is killed?" yawn "I'd give it a minute" shocked "Wow, 50 seconds and back to life! This beats Animated."

But really, I'd would love to see them kill him off and remain dead. Maybe bring in Rodimus Prime to take over and have Transformers Prime about his growth as a nobody to a leader.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime since they apparently love killing him in every series. Even in Transformers friggin Animated he got killed in one of the first episodes just to be revived a few seconds later.

8. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I saw this thread I thought breakdown instanly. I tend to overlook things I have noticed that an arcee and bulkhead are new partners. So could the bots lose bulkhead by the hands airachnid. To me this would be epic.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    RiD Prime says hello

10. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    The 1st robot died within the 1st 5 minutes of the 1st episode. If this refers to the current cast of characters, I wouldn't expect any deaths, at least in the 1st season. Most of the characters [main (Arcee, Bulkhead, etc.) and side (Airachnid, Breakdown, etc.)] are getting too good character development to just be killed off.

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Considering that the reason they went with 'Transformers Prime' was to depict 'what it means to be a Prime,' this actually wouldn't be a half-bad idea. Maybe not right away, but still... something to consider.

12. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper. Marty McFly must have created this thread a year ago and we are just seeing it today. Has to be!

13. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Out of the current cast, I would say Breakdown and Starscream are on the slippery road to getting killed off (both because a 'disloyalty' sub-plot will only lead to one place. And it's not happily ever after. Have to see on Breakdown, but it's got potential.)

From the Autobots, Bulkhead possibly - with breakdown. I also suspect Arcee's mental-state could prove irresistable for the writers, which, again, narratively doesn't tend to end well. I think if Optimus ever dies, it'll be a while, and alongside Megatron (since their story is so heavily intertwined).

I don't think Ratchet would serve any narrative purpose dying, nor Bumblebee, Knockout or Soundwave. Airrachnid seems a prime candidate for karma, however - a death at Arcee's hands could go someway to healing Arcee's old wounds, which, again, is a narrative path that traditionally ends badly (in my experiance, the healed character tends to sacrifice themselves in some way).

Just some musings from the writers perspective on things, since these kind of narritives tend to end in similar ways. We'll see.

14. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Breakdown. Though I like the big guy, I think he'll die first. That is IF anyone dies. I'm kinda hoping that Breakdown sacrifices himself to save Bulkhead. And say something along the line of "Now we're even..." with his last breaths. I could dig it.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Transformers Prime only has one character who's death will most likely hit a nerve for people in mass, Arcee. Everyone else has really done anything, really.

Optimus is hardly present; Bumblebee's an emotionless mute, Bulkhead is nothing more than muscle and a baby sitter; and Ratchet spends so much time at base, since he's not a warrior, his absent wouldn't be missed at all really--he's hardly present now.

Save for Starscream, the Decepticons don't have much going for them either.

16. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I would say Ratchet, he has no human companion, doesn't leave the base much, appears mostly in a supporting role... And his position could easily be taken by the introduction of Perceptor or First Aid in the future.

17. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Out of the main characters, it'll be one of the Cons. I hope they kill off some in the finale, like in Beast Wars, only to be replaced. I call Breakdown and Starscream!

18. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Starscream for sure, then he will come back as a ghost.:p 

19. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

wheeljack will return, save the day and promptly die.

20. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

I say Bulkhead should be the next to die. He could die fighting and defeating Breakdown, only to be sneak attacked by another Con, probably Starscream. Not only would it give the show the dark tone it had when Cliffjumper died, but it could shw Miko the true consequences and tragedys of war, and maybe would allow her to quit her reckless ways, for a more serious and calm Miko. This even gives chance for Wheeljack to show up, and be part of the main cast, with him fighting to avenge the death of his friend.