If we sent a petition to Hasbro to continue Robot Heroes, would it work?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really really like these figures. I've liked them since we first saw them, but this is my favorite new line. I want Classics to continue, but I thinnk it might be easier to get more of favorite G1 characters with the Robot Heroes line. So if a petition was started would Hasbro look into continuing this line?

2. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

No, No, No and um NO! Petitions achieve nothing. Yes they will note your rather pointless opinion but not be concerned the least about it.

3. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Petitions don't work 99.9 % of the time.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Why not just write to them and tell them you really like the product? That alone would probably help more than an online petition. You might also brighten a Hasbro employee's day. :) 

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has Hasbro said it would end? It is just getting started. The Star Wars version has run for 4 years or so. I can't see them only doing the 8 known G1 guys, the Walmart pack and the movie versions. No reason to start a petition unless the line is in trouble of ending.

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

With the success of the Spider man 3 heroes, the Marvel Universe Heroes, and the Star Wars Galactic Heroes. I'm sure these will go on for a while. I'm just waiting for Mattel to do one in the Super friends style they are making to mimic the Spider man and the Amazing Friends children's action figures.

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

No, it won't. Petitions never work, especially online petitions. They're too easy to fake with inflated numbers, and they're meaningless because they require no effort. If you want a line to continue, do your individual part. Tell the designers how much you'd like to see it continue at Botcon (if you go). Write a letter or call Hasbro. Buy extras so the sales are higher. And if you're fortunate, and lots of other people do those same things, those same real concrete definable things, the line might continue. An online petition will accomplish nothing.

8. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I have never heard of any petition doing any good in any industry. The closest thing I can think of is Family guy being brought back because of massive dvd sales. They care about dollars, not opinions.

And despite what all of us would like to think...Hasbro knows what transformers make them money much better than we do.

Unfortunately pink and orange toys with lights and sounds sell very well.

9. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG] (that just sounded like good advice, so I thought it needed that)

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    A letter-writing petition got the comic book Spider-Girl saved from cancelation twice before despite being one of their lowest selling books and now is successful enough that it is safe from cancellation altogether. Very recently a campaign to save the canceled TV series Jericho had tens of thousands of people sending nuts to CBS and were successful in getting the network to order 7 more episodes. So while petitions have no effect almost all of the time (and online petitions never mean anything), that isn't to say organized efforts and letter-writing campaigns don't work. The concept is the more effort and the more stand-out the effort is, the more the company takes notice, and stand-out doesn't just mean in numbers, but also in the type of campaign that makes them take notice, like the above mentioned "we're nuts for Jericho" effort.

11. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

It works from time to time, but the PS3 fanboy petition to keep Devil May Cry 4 exclusive to PS3 didn't work out too well. el oh el

12. TJOmega

News Credits:
    "Please Capcom, pretty please take a huge loss in profit and possibly have no profit from the game at all by only making this game for the lowest selling system, we really want the series to fail even though we're acting like die-hard fans." :lol 

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    robot heroes aren't that great. Can't you guys petition something better, like more re-issues. Or release Masterforce and Victory figures that weren't released in the U.S.

14. Mirage914

Mirage914 Invisible

15. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Can I be 1/500?

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Not everyone likes the same thing. There are people here that get a real kick out of the robot heroes dudes.

Like me, for example.

17. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Right, cause reissues sold SO well... You cant petition a company to do something they would lose money on. (Hence my above joke about DMC4) Like Sideswipe said the idea is that it's the easiest way to get some G1 characters we can't otherwise, it's the only way we're getting a G1 Shockwave and some that are possible in Robot Masters just aren't marketable elsewhere (A Classics Shrapnel, for instance, wouldn't get very far)

All that being said... the line's only had one wave so far, it's getting exclusives already, and it's a brand new line. If you want more, make sure it does well enough for Hasbro to make more, like it's been said sales figures will do a lot more to convince them than letters.

18. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

You'd do better to go out and buy more. Your wallet will speak much louder than an online petition.

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, that's the way to make it work. Tell your friends and family to buy them. The more they sell, the more likely they will continue the line.

20. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think this is jumping the gun a bit... no one has said anything about the line being cancelled, right? Yes, it may shift to movie figures for a wave or two, but there's only about a dozen movie characters. I'd say relax, and if you're not going to Botcon yourself, ask around the boards to try and get someone to ask Hasbro either at the panel or at the Hasbro booth about the line.

- L -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.