if transformers aniamted had continued would sentinel prime have becoem a decepticon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 23, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

given how much of major dousche bag jerk his character was in animated and the heated rivalry he had with optimus prime over time would sentinel prime have become a decepticon over time if the series had continued opast season 3?

to be honest i could totally see sentinel prime going down that same dark path that ultra magnus did in rid but with sentinel prime going all the way over to the dark side over time due to his feeling spurned and outright betrayed by his governemnt his people and his friend optimus prime by the autobot high councils electing optimus prime to the rank and role of optimus magnus as ultra magnus's personel successor and heir to the role

hell i could even see sentinel go on to become transformers aniamted's version of nemesis prime for that matter

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    No.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    That.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No. There was no betrayal, and I don't think Optimus would have ever been Magnus. Sentinel's loyalty to the Autobots was absolute, unquestionable. He could be a dick, but he always meant well. There's no way that would ever change. That's like asking if Optimus, Ratchet, Bumblebee, or Bulkhead ever would have switched.

Absolutely no.

5. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

What Valkysas said. Sentinel's only virtue was loyalty to the Autobot cause, if not to the individuals championing that cause - he may have been slime, but he was loyal slime.

6. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

In the last episode I you see him in the crowd with a look on his face that says "the wars is over and I ain't getting any glory but whatever good job optimus" or at least thats how I think of it. But no I don't think he will go to the dark side

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

He would've gotten the Powermaster armor as well as Prime. I think that would be enough to keep him from having a tantrum.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No.

There's more to being evil than just being a jerk. And you said "over time" twice.

See, I'm not evil.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Let me put it this way: Sentinel was as likely to switch to the Decepticons as Lugnut was likley to tell Megatron that he was an idiot not worthy of anybody's alligence.

Or in a word: NO.

10. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Nope. Actually he becomes Magnus.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

He would remain a jerk and a pain in the side of Optimus Prime, but that's a long way from going all Decepticon. Sentinel Prime wants to be the great Autobot hero so badly that he'd never give up on being an Autobot.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No. He'd have kept doing what he perceived as best for the Autobot cause after taking over as Magnus. One season 4 story concept involved Optimus racing to stop a Decepticon plot before Sentinel arrived with a solution of his own that would have caused mass devastation, but also wiped out the Decepticons.

Does that sound like someone going down the road of joining the Decepticons? If anything he'd have evolved into more of a rival, rather than an enemy.