If this plays very similar to the ROTF game, will you be disappointed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Recall, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    They ran out of buttons? :confused2 

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I still don't understand why anyone would want to Transform and be stationary? ROTF made it all very fluid and quite exciting with mixing its transform scheme and combat.

I hope the spawn camping element of ROTF multiplayer has been sorted to allow a more level playing field in WFC and of course have bigger more involved maps. When it comes to single player I'm expecting the same style especially since they announced you can only pick from 3 characters at the start of a mission just like ROTF, and I wonder if they have something similar in regards to the medals as it made you play a mission more than once.

For a Transformer game I'm just not sure how varied you can actually make the missions?

3. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Exactly this!

4. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I always liked the idea of using the vehicle mode as a disguise in order to hide from whatever. Of course in WFC that would be kinda pointless I guess.

5. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Might seem pointless, but most of us wanted it and now we have it. lol :wink: 

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To answer the question in the thread's title, YES!

I hate the setup for the Transformers the movie game and the Revenge of the Fallen game. I tried to like the game. I really did. In fact, I’m still playing it, trying to get myself to like it more, but I just can’t get myself to like it. I play it mainly because I spent money on it, and I might as well earn the achievements in it.

My issues with this game are plentiful. I hate the controls, which differ from mode to mode; the trigger transformation; the sound quality; the lack of creativity in story mode and environment aesthetics; and the horrible balance issues between jets and land-based vehicles. You cannot go toe-to-toe with a jet/sniper. End of story.

That said, we know War for Cybertron WON'T play like the movie games, but more like Gears of War. I've never played GoW (I have a PS3), but the fact that it won’t play like previous games but something different excites me. On top of that, it isn’t tied down to a property, allowing High Moon to create a look, world all their own, which is a major plus in my book :D 

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Hide from what? You're the only shiny car on the multiplayer map, and if you're a giant cybertronian tank or fighter jet, where would you hide that couldn't also be accomplished in robot mode?

8. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

I actually really liked ROTF for the DS, It had some nice mini levels the graphics were okay and most importantly, Transforming actually had a purpose, Since I am buying WFC for the DS I would be pretty happy if it was similar to ROTF.

9. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I meant using your alt mode as a disguise in the movies games. Like your in story mode or whatever and you hang out in vehicle mode and the other guys like wtf, whered he go? Cuz your blending in with all the regular vehicles and stuff.

That would have been a neat game play mechanic.

However in WFC that would be pointless as you would probably standout considering everyone is a TF too. Which I don't mind.

10. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

ROTF controls arent that bad - way better than the first. I would be ok with it playing like ROTF.

Personally however I think the PS2 armada game rocked. If it plays anything like that, i'll be very happy.

One thing I hope they dont have is the annoying cut scenes mid action. All three games had this and I think it detracts from the flow of the game.

11. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    ROTF was terrific because I still play it from time to time.

-I agree with what's been said about it being too short... but that wouldn't make me think the game sucked based entirely on that.
    -I felt they left out a "sandbox" mode where you can play any selection of 'bots to duke it out in a selection of arenas.
    -I do like the idea of being able to Transform and be stationary. It helps in the illusion of being a Transformer.

Everything I've seen so far about this game looks great... except the lack of Constructicons... but if you can create them in a custom mode, that sounds fine.

I'm getting very stoked to play this. It's a matter of weeks now.