If they make a 4th movie, how will that impact on Dino/Mirage?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Orbital, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I've been thinking about this for awhile, lets assume another sequel is made to continue on from Bay's trilogy. Naturally most, if not all of the cast who survived Dark of the Moon will return but what is Hasbro going to do with Dino/Mirage?

He's alt mode is a Ferrari and Hasbro doesn't hold the rights to make toys of Ferrari products. They can't name the character in the film with a Hasbro trademarked name or any name affiliated with any products produced by Hasbro either. So would Hasbro really be fine with another repeat of this situation? Will they continue to let Ferrari place they're 458 Italia in as product placement, request they're approval of how they're going to use the product/character in the film and finally not be able to market it off of it properly? The only pro's I can think of is they have a nice looking car in the film and they get extra funds for the movie. So overall the negatives out weight the positives.

So another option, will they give Dino/Mirage a new alt mode? if they do that, they can't name the character Dino since it's not Trademarked(TM) by them, also if they do name him that, won't they fall into the same trap of not being able to market off of him because the name has an affiliation with Ferrari? So now its looking like they'll stick to the name Mirage, however, to regular audiences members who are oblivious to the naming issues with this character, they will see him as a new character, not Dino...so won't this complicate things further for Hasbro? Furthermore, Francesco Quinn has sadly passed away, so the character will have to be recast with a different voice causing more separation between this character's portrayal to his previous one. Whats the point now of reintroducing this character(who was hardly used) when Hasbro has basically created a new character to regular movie goers? for continuity sake? They might as well use a completely new name so they can introduce a new character into the franchise rather than going through a headache of a process trying to continue using this character in this franchise.

What do you think is the future of this character? to continue being called Dino in the live adaptions, reintroduced as Mirage, or axed like Jolt?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Francesco Quinn is hardly irreplaceable. His performance was pretty forgettable; if they have someone else stand in for him, someone else who does a competent job at imitating what he delivered, no one will tell the difference. You think any of the general public noticed Sideswipe's voice change?

That being said, they'll probably just make Mirage disappear, like they did the Twins.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He was a minor character in the bayverse so we'll probably never see him again, just like Jolt and to some degree Ratchet.

4. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I'd say, he either never talks and dies, or........
    This

5. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

if Mirage isnt in the 4th movie, I will be dissapointed!
    Hes one of my favorites!
    He got about as much screentime as Sideswipe in the 2nd and Sideswipe got a bigger role in the 3rd. So maybe it could be the same for the 4th!

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe it'll be like Devastator where you get a Devastator more like the original in the next film and everyone has to forget they called a different guy Devastator before.

7. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

have Mirage continue as the Ferrari 458. Name it Dino, and get some other Italian actor for his voice. Simple.

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Hasbro could easily modify the alternate mode so it wouldn't be exactly the same as the Ferrari and call it an Italian sports car. That way Hasbro isn't specifically making a Ferrari toy.

9. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

I'm guessing they can get another voice actor, completely upgrade him to another car that aint ferrari and call him mirage and ignore dino

10. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    but also name him Merge in the 4th one! the francesco dude who played DINO nobody new him that well! when they did the post about i was alll ehhhhh! but if it was the voice of OPTIMUS PRIME, MAGATRON,STARCREAM THEN YEAH THAT WILL BE HUGE NEWS SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN THERE FROM THE G1 SAGA! SO BEING SAID NAME HIM

MERGE AND THE VOICE ACTOR SHIA VEHICLE F-1 Ligier JS-11 racer
    Weapons: Rocket-Dart Hunting Rifle,Holograms

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think they'll probably kill him off-screen [sadly], both to not disrespect Franceso Quinn, and due Ferrari's douchebaggery.

I am one of the few that think that Quinn's perfomance as Dino cannot be replicated, I don't know why, but something stroke me as deeply unique on Dino/Mirage's lines, replacing Quinn would be meh for me.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Antonio Banderas? Since Dino sounds like Puss in Boots.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Recast and hope that Ferrari will let him have his proper name back.

14. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

His name doesn't need to be said in the movie.

15. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

That laugh he did was contagious!

16. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    He's dead

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If they had to recast.

Dave Wittenburg as Dino. He did his voice in the DOTM prequel game and holy crap it sounded awesome.

No one apreciates Dave at all.

18. dino52

dino52 Well-Known Member

i hope they brimg him back he was tite

19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they bring him back: I'd say have him scan a new alt-mode (avoiding licensing issues with Ferrari), and call him Mirage, while acknowledging "Dino" as a codename.

If they kill him off: Acknowledge his disappearance by saying he was killed during a mission to locate Decepticon forces remaining on Earth.

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

THIS. But take out the Dino part. Mirage FTW