If they made Roger Rabbit 2 set in the present days, which toons u would like to see

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 13, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    while we dunno if the yet unproduced planned sequel to Roger Rabbit (which i doubt will happen, but who knows) will take place in the past as the first film or present, but if the film was set on our time instead of the 40s (or earlier) which toons made from the 70s (considering some characters from the 50s-60s are in the first film) all the way to the present, like lets say

Fox and the Hound, Transformers, MLP, Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob, Pixar characters, Home of the Range, Phineas and Ferb, etc, etc, etc.

who u would like to see if they made a roger 2?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think it could happen today, unfortunately. Most major media and animation studios are owned by, or are themselves, large media concerns and corporations. With the exception of Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story and the chimeric juggernaut that is LEGO, I think these concerns have actively worked together to ensure as little interaction and overlap with competitors, probably to avoid inadvertantly cross-marketing a product or license they do not stand to profit from. These companies, Disney especially, have also feverently opposed the falling of many characters and licenses from the golden age of animation into the public domain, which would have provided a rich source of history for such a project to mine from.

On the other hand, Disney has seemed more than willing to cross-market it's own licenses with eachother (look at House of Mouse and the Disney Princesses, for example), so maybe you'd see a Roger Rabbit 2, but limited to Disney properties only. Or some weird thing like Kingdom Hearts.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i also doubt it will happen, but thread is not about if roger 2 will happen or not.

just asking if it happened (which i doubt will) what toons u would like to see

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I think the point here is that nobody thinks Roger Rabbit 2 will happen because of the lack of cohesivity in the stuff we have today. Back then, most of the cartoons could be described simply as "human-like animals in slap stick comedic routines" no matter who the producer was. Nowadays, you'd be hard pressed to find two cartoons that could logically work in the same universe.

Additionally, they DID apparently try making a sequel some time ago, according to Wikipedia;

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd want to see all the fleischer cartoons and banned ww2 propaganda cartoons pop up and be delightfully racist, to the horror of everyone else.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    oh, well as i said i asldo doubt it will happen, but again this thread is more of a what if question

i am completly aware.

7. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

In a way, Wreck It Ralph, seems like it's the spiritual successor to Roger Rabbit. Only instead of cartoon characters, we'll see various Video Game characters, from rival companies, come together.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I'd love for them to make a Roger Rabbit based in the 80's and EVERY cartoon character is constantly trying to shill out toys to kids. Constantly.

9. Darktide

Darktide Banned

If it were to happen, Spongebob would be a must as well as Peter Griffin.

10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I'm not sure ROGER RABBIT 2 would work without Bob Hoskins, and also due to massive copyrights issues from the various companies who own animated shows and their cast. Having Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny together would be a near-impossible feat to repeat.

However, I would love to see the following toons appear together:
    - Transformers
    - DBZ Fighters
    - GI Joes
    - Jem and the Holograms
    - The Masters of the Universe
    - The Raccoons
    - The Smurfs
    - the original My Little Ponies

Yup, almost everyone renowned from the 1980s. That was a great era for animation (at least from my POV as I was born in that era).

11. Darktide

Darktide Banned

Which Toons would you like to get put in the Dip?

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Put all the anime characters in it.

Imagine Goku, Ichigo, Naruto, Kamina and Edward Elric having a contest to see who's the most hot blooded hero.

13. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I would really want to see XJ9 as a background character.

I know, that would be too good to be true. :( 

14. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    dan from dan vs. he would fit in with alot of cartoons, since he is just a generic human in apearence, no super powers, giant robot suits, huge, unbeliveable mucsles, ect. also he is freaking hilarious.

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    A Who Framed Roger Rabbit-esque movie would be kinda weird set in the present, given how varied all the modern cartoons are both in genre and style. WFRR works so well because all the toons were slapstick/light-hearted and traditionally (and exaggeratedly) animated, which gave them common ground despite their differences (not to mention also make an excellent foil to Eddie Valiant). You couldn't get some of the more clever bits like making the Toon Patrol laugh to death, redirecting a crazed woman by moving the street's center lines, or threatening characters with what is essentially paint thinner.

Wreck-It Ralph looks to be a spiritual successor to WFRR, but even then it's limited itself to just arcade games and not all of which is out there, giving the characters some common ground.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Even then, a lot of those licensed characters are just there for atmosphere and don't seem to play any major roles, and to my knowledge the only secondary role being filled by a non-original character is Qbert as he seems to pop up occasionally in the teasers.

Which come to think of it, isn't all that different FROM WWFR, since the only non-original character who had even an extended role that I can remember is the crazy woman Valiant thinks is Jessica Rabbit, and that's only because she seems highly similar to that one woman the wolf keeps trying to avoid sometimes in Tex Avery's Droopy cartoons for the same reasons as Valiant. So, essentially, what this thread should be asking is what characters do you want to make cameos in a not-happening Roger Rabbit 2.

17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

SNIP
    dammit, MY argument was invalid.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'd like to see the Mystery Inc gang along with the cast of TFP,TFA,and MLP.