if They Had Kept Arcee..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Sep 13, 2010.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    this is a Random Question about the First movie. has you Know or may not Know The Fembot Arcee Was Going to Appear in the First Movie. But Bob and Alex Felt they needed to explain the reason of the female trnasformers (Yet they did not Explained it in ROTF) and they decided to replace her with Ironhide. but what you think the movie Should had been if they had keep her like how you think her personality coudl haev been, her role in the movie etc etc?

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    No difference the way I see it.

3. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    with the fembot designs we saw in ROTF, im kinda glad they didnt introduce her in the first movie since it wouldve probably made it easier for me to think that the some of the designs for the bots were a miss (starscream's bird face, megatron's crab hands, bumblebee's face...). for the most part, i liked the 2007 live-action designs, and others i'd learned to live with since its the first time we saw TFs in live-action so it was something new and brilliant at the time. then came WFC, and what they managed to pull off successfully design-wise, basing it on G1 but making it sophisticated. after WFC, im so looking forward to the blending of G1 designs, live-action designs, and WFC designs (i really cant buy the Animated designs and really have a big issue with Starscream's design in TF: Prime moreso than the live-action designs... couldve called that Decepticon someone else and it wouldn't have made a difference).

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Best case, Arcee would've had a few lines and a memorable scene or two. Not much else.

And probably at least a Legends class toy (along with the Deluxe she got).

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Plausible explanation was given in Jetfire's rant. In his rant he had a mother who he had issues and a father who he respects.

Indicating perhaps TFs do have gender. As to how TFs procreate we only know of the hatchlings, Allspark mutants are another matter. We also know Optimus descended from the dynasty of Primes.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok first of all, thanks for proofreading, much better.

Second, I don't think it would have made a difference because Bay has gone on record saying that he doesn't like Arcee for the reason of having to explain genders in transformers (which you really don't need to), so for that reason Bay (if they had kept her) would have just killed her off in the next movie, but I definately don't think her role would have been used to define genders, they just won't go there with kids toys.

Third, Ironhide is more of a favorite than Arcee so (even as a female) I would have to agree with putting Ironhide in there over Arcee

7. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Between Ironhide, Jazz, Ratchet, and even Bumblebee, I liked Ironhide the most, so Arcee would have to have had some really cool character to win me over compared to Ironhide. She probably would have been a Lara Croft kind of hard-as-nail girl in order to fit Ironhide's place, although she most likely wouldn't have been anywhere near as funny, or anywhere near as cool in the fight with Brawl.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I can't picture arcee hanging out without hotrod,kup,blurr,wheelie.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

From what I understand, all of Ironhide's lines and scenes were left unchanged from their Arcee origin. So she would have had all of the same memorable lines and scenes that Ironhide had.

Shame we didn't get that version. Although, I can imagine most people would be crying foul over the only female Autobot being depicted as a hot tempered near-psychopath.

10. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Noo.. I can't imagine a lady saying the cute stuff Ironhide said.. you need a rugby lad kind of attitude to make Ironhide's humour work. Having said that, if I had seen Arcee first I'm sure Michael Bay would have made it work, and I'd be aghast at the idea of replacing her with Ironhide...

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

In terms of a property-defining character, Arcee is very much an afterthought when compared to Ironhide. She was crammed into TFTM and season 3 as your basic girl power archetype. Ironhide was a beloved character from day one. He was a sort of rough and ready brawler complimenting Optimus' even-tempered reserve. Their friendship is very reminiscent to the classic depictions of soldiers at war. Both good at what they do for different reasons.

For it to have been Arcee I think would have been a mistake.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given that I don't really like any of the movie designs that popped up for Arcee I can't say that I missed her doing more than the tiny bit she did in the second film.

If the designs were that far off I really don't want to know what her personality might have been like. Okay that and if you watch many Bay films you know he almost never gives the girls good roles he doesn't have an ounce of Joss Whedon in him.

Ha ha, and yes I find it funny to say they could not use female Transformers because they didn't want to explain female robots, yet there are so many thing from both films that never got explained like why they would want to rip off something horrible like Van Helsing for the hatchlings.

Arcee is a big part of Transformers Prime so I'm willing to bury the movie design out in the desert somewhere and see what the cartoon team can do with the character.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually one of the few sick people who really likes Arcee's design from ROTF..so I'm glad they decided to keep her for the second movie.

The original design was sort of ok-ish..but also a bit weird, with the robo-hair curl thing and the high heel boots (although those seem to have been additions made in the toy).

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i like that desing aswell :p 

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why couldn't they both have Ironhide and Arcee. Arcee would of kicked some aft in TF1.

I stil Like Ironhide more though. Hell Movie Ironhide is one of my favourite charecters period.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    well they removed Arcee Becuase they Wanted to explain the reaosn behind the female trnasformers and had no tiem (still they Never explained it on ROTF)

and i heard that Bay Hated the Desing and she was Small (still she was small in rotf)

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With arcee gone they could put in elita-1.

18. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

well at least we got that awesome TF1/2007 movie deluxe arcee toy. it's kinda a shame hasbro has no desire to repaint that mold white+pink in G-1 1986 arcee cartoon colors.

that takara exclusive figure of 2007 movie deluxe arcee is amazing looking. but out of my price range.

19. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

It's a pure shame the ROTF Deluxe arcee toy is pure garbage in every possible way. while the TF 2007 Arcee deluxe toy is pure awesome/win/amazing.

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    rotf delxue arcee is awesome...