if they did make the reboot. should they based it out of the G1 series but have modd

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfprime32, Mar 22, 2012.

1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    if they did make the reboot. should they based it out of the G1 serries but have moddern cars?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'd like it better if they also take aspects from other series besides G1 like maybe base some characters and story elements from series like Animated,Prime,Armada,Beast Wars,etc.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

No, make its own thing, take inspiration of many but make it its own thing, the movies pumped fresh blood on this franchise's veins [not that it was dying, I'm saying the movies brought a lot of new concepts and interpretations, which was good], the new movies should do the same.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Depends on which G1 series you're talking about.

I vote Furman's Infiltration series. Cloak-and-dagger, Cold War-style action. With emphasis on the 'robots in disguise' factor.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This. :) 

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

This is what I've been thinking for a reboot all along. It would certainly be very cool.

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

oh brother - not other reboot tf movie thread

9. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    I personally think it would be better if they would focus on the Robots in Disguise aspect of it. Have a core team of Optimus, Prowl, Bulkhead, Arcee, and Cliffjumper as the battle bots, have Ratchet and Perceptor as the repair bots, and just have random vehicles in it being unnamed or named Autobots. They can just have them speaking through their holodriver, and save the CGI for the main ones. Then, if they want to bring in new characters, they don't have to worry about explaining, because hey, there's more on Earth in hiding anyway, so it wouldn't seem strange.

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely hope that it will be based on G1 series rather than what Bay is doing right now,failure

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
  12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ideally I'd love to see something like Marvel has been doing with their properties lately. Enough of the old that old fans can feel right at home with the movies, but enough of the new to make it something that looks new and cutting edge on the screen. A bit like how Iron Man was instantly recognizable but at the same time a level of detail on the armor we've never seen before.

Keep the old personalities of the robots because it's kind of iconic, but for the budget the film would have I'd hope for better plots and scripts than the original cartoons.

13. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    I say do a live action movie (heck, I'd settle for animated) that ties into Prime. Have it cover the arrival of Optimus, Ratchet, Bulkhead and BB to Earth (no Arcee or CJ since their arrival to Earth has already been chronicled), their first meeting with Agent Fowler, and their earliest battles with the Decepticons on Earth. Maybe have a couple of "new" characters that die or leave Earth by the end of the movie just to create a bigger cast. I mean, why have a separate continuity movie line competing with TF:p  for shelf space. Hasbro keeps saying they want their stuff to all tie in better, so start tying it in better.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the Bay films adapted enough from G1. In order for the franchise to truly thrive, the films are going to have to bring something new to Transformers.

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    DotM was basically a hodge-podge of G1 episodes with a primarily G1-inspired cast. That's the closest I'd like to see any movie be "G1."

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Agreed. This is the level/vein of what future adaptations should strive for. (That doesn't really make sense, but hopefully you get what I mean...)

And also agreed with these. There may be a lot of things that aren't "G1"-related, but there's a whole schwackload that is "G1"-related.

17. PLAYBOT

PLAYBOT Member

In G1, the best thing was not the scenarios, but the characters themselves (with the soundtrack, a close second). Please Mr. Bay, at least don't make them more alien-like than they were. And if that's a reboot, bring back the main Decepticon characters and Cybertron. Some scenes on Cybertron would be cool.

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

put skybyte in tf4 - skybyte sign baddest shark song - skybyte be like jaws

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    There won't be a reboot, so this thread is going nowhere.

20. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

No, time to stop clinging to the G1 continuity. Let other series try to be original.