If There Will be TF4, Please Call Out Their Names More than Once!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ken8kuhletz08, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    Yes, YES!!! Pop-ups would be awesome! Giving us some insights, also making it more interactive and styling the pop-ups with hologram effects of the character's mini version rotating... okay, the last part was a bit much, but it would be the bomb if that's included in the DVD release.

:D 

2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Due to the horrible toy lines i am skipping the next movie in protest. Bays vision is too far flawed. Optimus is more evil than meggs. The toys suck a whole year of good stuff away, look how long prime toys are taking to make it to the shelf. No I've had enough bay.

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Personally, I think what the OP meant was that the characters should interact more. Kinda like Ironhide in TF1 "It's Starscream!"

It would be nice if they wrote the movies in a way so that the Autobots were more militaristic, and characters called the others names out when trying to get their attention.

4. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I have to agree with this. I'd appreciate it if they worked in Autobot and Decepticon character names more into the script than they originally did. They really had it squared off for the most part with the Autobots.

However, I don't recall ever hearing Skids's name called (although we do get a glimpse of his license plate), and Jolt's name wasn't used until near the end of the desert battle when Ratchet called for him.

The Decepticons really got the **** end of the stick though. The only Decepticons who had their names used more than once were the big 4 (Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, and Shockwave). TF1, we were given that nice little meet'n'greet of the 'Cons on Earth, which I appreciated, but it was something obviously skipped the next two films.

I just they used more of the Decepticon names, in short.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    That's partly what made Attack of the Clones so awful.

"Zam, use this device to kill the senator, okay Zam? Oh and Zam, do it right this time."

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    And this I agree with. More interaction would be great.

Agreed. This is the problem you face when people want every random character named several times.

Yeah, the only time that Skids' name is called is when he and Mudflap are hanging on for death life prior to being sucked into Devastator. It's very difficult to hear (hence why I missed it entirely until eagc pointed it out to me), as it's kind of muffled/lispy. Heck, he could easily be saying "Twicks!" or "Squibs!" or something. It just sounds a lot like "Skids!", which makes sense given the context of the scene.

I thoroughly enjoyed the subtitle "meet-and-greet" in the first movie, but really, RotF and DotM never really offered opportunities to do so for the other random 'Con characters. And as you said, the big 4 (or 5) were really the only ones to be named several times, but I'm totally okay with that. Megatron, The Fallen, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave. In these movies, that's really all that matters because any other 'Con is cannon fodder to have a cool scene and then die.

Would it really make sense/not be really lame for a NEST official to shout "Energon alert! Energon reading on the DC parkway! Currently tracking: DECEPTICONS CRANKCASE, CROWBAR AND HATCHET!"? Named characters? Cool. But logistically...it just seems lame in my opinion. Would NEST know who they are? They see three black suburbans with Decepticon energy signatures. Why bother naming them in that scene? They're random Decepticons who present a threat.

Or in RotF: "Arcee, Twins! Target coming your way! It's that DECEPTICON SIDEWAYS!" NEST (and even the Autobots) don't have files on every single Decepticon out there. It's easier to say things like "target" or "Decepticon".

Does the audience care if Optimus shouts "I'll stop you, LONG HAUL CLONE #24-A!"? Or if NEST addresses the four Decepticon troopers flanking Shockwave? Or if each Autobot can point Soundwave out of the audience?

Addressing each and every random Decepticon character by name just shouts "BUY THE TOYS!" moreso than the movies already do.

It really boils down to the plethora of characters they have, and the relative unimportance that most of them present. Fewer robot characters can allow for more interaction/addressing of one another (or at least good writing with a larger cast).

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Very true.

If they didn't have that many charecters they wouldn't have this problem.

My concern with them no using their names is that they become easily forgotten and hard to identify which Transformers is to the common audience?

8. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Oh yes! Evil Optimus Prime! Something about him being evil is strangely awesome :ev: 

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    And yet, they're going to call Que and Dino Wheeljack and Mirage.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not onscreen, they're not.

:V