If there was a US release of MP Soundwave...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus1116, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    Would it include more cassettes? Because if you think about it, if it only included Laserbeak, it would probably be $70, similar to MP Rodimus. If it included ones like Rumble, Frenzy, and/or Ravage, it would be $100 or more, like MP Prime.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A US version that comes with at least one version of each cassette mold would be beyond awesome.

3. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    It would also probably have a more G1 toy color scheme (Yellow visor and whatnot).

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Long story short: No one knows.

It'd cost $70 and come with one cassette at least. I'm really not sure what to assume past that... I just don't think Hasbro would try to bump up the cost further considering this is already a pretty risky venture for them.

5. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Given marketing concerns (ie, most kids don't know what a cassette is, and a cassette doesn't DO anything on its own), I strongly suspect when Soundwave hits the US, he'll come with at LEAST four cassettes (the "core 4"), and probably retail around $100.
    That still gives Hasbro the option of doing Soundblaster later with only one cassette for a lower price (or any others Takara does between then, with price more in line with Soundwave.)

I just don't see it as practical for Hasbro to do Soundwave and his cassettes separately, certainly not at MP prices (such as they are in the US)

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

From another thread...

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    US version seems as likely as any Hasbro Masterpiece has ever been.

More than one tape at the std price point seems less likely...and remember TRU are charging 75 now.

8. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I think a lot of future big releases like Soundwave coming to the US will hing upon how well Optimus does at the $100 price point. There isn't as much risk with the smaller/cheaper MP figures if it takes time to sell. I think that is a big reason Rodimus didn't get his trailer with the US release. Hasbro is, in my opinion, testing the retail waters with Prime. They could have easily removed his trailer, but they didn't. If he moves really well with all of his accessories and the higher price point, then I think it will be more likely we will get Soundwave.

9. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet it would be like the TRU G1 Soundwave which includes Laserbeak and Ravage.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd bet on 2 or 3 cassettes included with a US version release (either Laserbeak/Ravage or Laserbeak/Ravage/Rumzy, but not Buzzsaw or Fremble), as kinda doubt Hasbro wants to sell those tapes separately.

I could be wrong though. It would be awesome if I am.

11. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think Hasbro would want to sell the tapes separately. They're likely to put out SW with laserbeak, ravage, and blue robot (ie: one of each mold). I just can't see TRU wanting to sell SW at one price, then 3 months later selling 2 more cassette packs as a separate "accessory item." Especially when at their size they look tiny for the money they cost.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    We'll get Soundwave for sure.

I think if Optimus sells well at $100, then Soundwave will probably also hit at $100, and come with Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble, and Frenzy.

If they can chop off $150 from MP-10's price and not leave anything out, I see no reason they can't do the same with Soundwave and his tapes.

13. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah 99.99 w/3 cassettes ravage, bird, bot

14. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see a domestic release of MP Soundwave coming with the main trio of cassettes he used in the show: Ravage, Lazerbeak & blue Rumble. It makes the most sense, especially given that all three can also be stored in his chest. And like Prime V2, being released under the moniker of "cartoon colors" or some such.

15. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    marketing genius mixes bird and bot colors making you buy 3 to get them all!

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Who really knows. What I don't get it the "kids don't know what tapes are" idea. Sure they may be obsolete, but its not something that a kid is going to go "what the hell are these?" Not like they are a relic of the 1800s used for gold mining or something.

17. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I'm expecting to pay $100 for this. Perhaps ratbat and overkill will be the next set solicited.

18. Duomaxwell1017

Duomaxwell1017 Lt. to Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Well does anyone know when this could possibly be release? I think late 2013 and by then Ill have the Takara Version and all for tapes already