IF there was a transformers g1 videogame in production....

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by sideswipe119, Jun 10, 2008.

1. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

wut would u sugest for the makers of the game i said it would b cool to hve huge online battles

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take it back to Melbourne

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    And give them more than a year to work on it.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would buy a video game company just to make this game. I have lots of ideas for this, but I agree with Windcharger give it to someone that can make a good game.

5. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

well yea im not a video game company i just thought it would be cool 2 talk about ideas for 1

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    To stop development and hand it over to Criterion.

7. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

wuts that. hey how do i get those pictures 2 go below my messages

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Magic

9. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

oo i love magic

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are signature pictures, and I would help you on how to get the under your message but I am the last person to ask, because I always get red letters when I post mine. I'm signaturally-challenged.

11. Maverick Hunter Christian

News Credits:
    http://www.criteriongames.com/

The folks responsible for the Burnout series. Having played and loved Burnout 3: Takedown, Burnout Revenge and Burnout Paradise, I've felt that they'd be the perfect people to handle the vehicular aspects of a Transformers game and make it fun to spend time in alternate mode.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    :lol  at WC failing at sigs.

I would want a G1 game to be made more like the Armada game and less like TFTM game. :mad 

13. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The inherent problem with a Transformers game (especially a G1 game) is the trouble finding a need for it to be a Transformers game. what I mean is game makers already have enough trouble making a game that does one aspect well. Be it driving, shooting, melee combat, flying, etc. With a Transformers game, there has to be a need for those elements to be combined. Sections of the game need to cater to the strengths of the characters they are portraying.

The problem with the gameplay in the movie game was that they did not cater anything to any specific characters. The driving was hard to control well, the flying was too boxed in, the shooting was handicapped from the start and melee combat was far too imprecise. There should have been entire sections that were like Twisted Metal or the flying areas should have been more like Ace Combat. Areas where you stayed in vehicle mode to accentuate the strengths of the character having an alternate mode. Starscream should be able to fly as a robot, Optimus should be able to run and gun in both vehicle and robot mode. You should be able to fly off a building or cliff, transform into robot mode, fire off a few shots and then transform back into a vehicle mode to continue your momentum before you hit the ground.

If a developer can find a need to use all the aspects of what makes the idea of robots that turn into other object exciting, it would take care of the hardest part of Transformers. Everything else should be easy.

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I guess a TF MMO.

I would probably prefer a third person shooter/action adventure that revolved around a brand new character set in the G1 (or Classics) universe. Following the storyline of the show would suck. A lot.

15. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

c for combiners i would like were if u hve friends playin u all press a certain button and u combine that would b cool

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think they were at least on the right track, but the problem was how short a development window they were given to work with :(  a GTA ripoff game suits the TF universe quite nicely I think.

17. Maverick Hunter Christian

News Credits:
    How were they on the right track? I don't mean to be condescending, but playing the Movie game was like a collection of the worst examples of gameplay design.

Hell, we didn't even get to play as all the characters from the movie. (Going by the 360 version).

18. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly can't see how they could make a decent G1 game.

The best I think you could do with the G1-verse is to do a fighting game, no alt-modes just some hardcore bot-on-bot action. Lots of unlockable characters and paint-schemes and such.

19. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

i think it's real simple actually. make it like the metroid games on gamecube and wii. first person in bot mode and swith to 3rd person in alt mode just like samus' morph ball. have it take place on cybertron and various other planets and have the boss battles against key decepticons.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well I haven't played an M$ version of the game. I mainly was referring to the DS game. But it being a sandbox world was the right track, as I stated in the previous post. Just because they didn't have time to give you good "side" missions, or fix the retarded controlscheme, etc doesn't mean they weren't on the right track.

Most of your really good games get 2-3 years to create and develope and bug-fix, the TF games all got less than a single freakin' year. imagine what having double-triple that amount of time could've done to those games.