If there is more characterisation in TF2, what do you expect from it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, May 21, 2008.

1. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    So, I was thinking about this lately. Since part 1 has cleared the way, in terms of introduction and everything, I suppose there is a lot more room now for characterisation of the Autobots as well as the D-cons. What do you expect from it? I mean, obviously we won't get to see the Autobots sitting by a camp fire and drinking beers all night, but I see a lot of opportunities here. Maybe a scene where all of the Autobots reminisce the old times on Cybertron or some scene where all of the Bots speak to each other and discuss different battle strategies, stuff like that would be awesome to me. To see them interact with each other more.

On a different side note, can we expect some leaked design pictures at all for TF2? With the first part we had already seen some by this time.

2. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I don't think that there are going to be any leaked pictures this time. Bay said that they were keeping things really under-wraps with TF2. The only way we would get to see one is if the producers released one to keep fans happy, and to show what is coming for movie 2.
    I think the Decepticons need to get WAY more characterization. Make them true, living creatures that are intelligent, evil, violent or whatever. Bay needs to really show the personalities of the robots in TF2.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think the first one did an alright job of introduction, but i think there are still blanks that need to be filled in...like their names. the leaked script of TF1 had explanations for their english names, and also why the decepticons were called decepticons, because technically with the way they described it, ALL transformers are autobots.

strangely, instead of using this empty space to characterize the put in a bunch of human stuff. i'm really hoping they fill in the blanks in the second movie, and have a lot more robot time. minimal human screen time would be great.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

SCREW IT! Then I'm not going to see it!

OR they could reminisce about the old times before friggin Botcon & ehobby, when everybody could actually get exclusives for just a few bucks & some robot points.:cry 

5. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    You're trolling this thread already?

6. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I don't think leaked footages will be a problem with Michael Bay this time around, but I'd definately like to see that kind of characterization that's in Animated. And way more than that of the movie, and drinking Energon beers ain't such a bad idea. XD

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well what I'd want out of characterization would be really hard to pull off since I've never really seen a Bay film where there was much in the way of character. But lets say he actually wants to do something different for once.

What I'd like is some personalities with some quarks to them. Always thought Beast Wars and Animated have done an excellent job of the little things that kept a character from just being card board cut outs of a character type. Really wouldn't mind this with the human characters as well since the people you know all have some little thing that makes them different than everyone else. Hard to pull off in a movie, but maybe blur the lines a bit between good guy and bad guys a bit so not this feeling of I'm good or bad based on my programing so there is a reason for being Autobot or Decepticon.

Some battle banter would be nice as well. Seems like too many films have just dropped out of the old insult in the middle of the fight, but it would be nice if Ironhide could say something like his old line of "eat lead Deceptacreep".

Oh and please drop the "grrr, Decepticon smash" personalities. The big dumb bad guy that doesn't say anything just isn't very interesting. I think it would feel more like the Autobots were really in hot water if the Decepticons were more than just an enraged Hulk personalilty. Put some of that sneaky and cunning into them.

8. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

What am I expecting from "more characterization"? Unfortunately, I'm expecting it to be pretty shallow. As much as I'd like to see some depth put into the TF characters, to see the Decepticons being more than movie monsters, and to actually have the Transformers be fully-developed characters in their own film, it's just not Bay's style. I expect some bad dialog mixed in with shaky-cam action and explosions that will leave me wishing there were more scenes where I could get a better look at the Transformers.

Surprise me, Michael Bay.

9. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I would like the transformers to be the main characters.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well with the understanding that there is a benefit for them to ally themselves with the seedier humans on the planet, the Decepticons will most likely adopt English as their language like the Bots did, and thus we will hear them communicating more outside of Cybertronian language. I really want them talking a hellovalot more than they did in the first one, and that's a good enough reason for them to speak outside of their language....well that, and to threaten people like Barricade did.

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I find it funny that we get all this garbage about we need a mouth on prime then nearly none of the seens he is in really require it. R2D2 conveys more emotion than he did and he doesnt have a recognizable face. lol

Honestly most parts where prime speaks are ruined because he is preaching and not actually talking to anyone directly even in the seen where he talks to sam and mikaela he talks at them not to them.

They need a good dialog writer because most of the movie was ad libbed on the human side which means the dialog wasnt that interesting to start with. Most of the lines they had for the autobots or decepticons was canned lines that could have been said anywhere in the film with no impact or change to the script.

They should get the writers for Iron Man to do this film or just some body who can do a simple interaction cause it made the previous film feel eerily shallow.

12. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    The names are explained in the novel as being exemplory of their character and appearance. But I have 2 problems with that. It wasn't explained in the film. So those that didn't read the novel are left to think that aliens actually have names like Bumblebee and Jazz! Second of all, it's a weak explanation anyway because the Decepticons all use earthern versions of their names too. Why? Why would Megatron call Starscream, Starscream? Why is he even speaking english? Out of respect for the "insects" he's about to lay waste too? That's laughable, but oh wait there aren't even any around when he's talking to Starscream!
    I just assumed that was what they called themselves on Cybertron... once they were their own faction, they had to be united under a name of some sort. Like Al Queda I guess.

13. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena <b><font color=red>CyberCon is #1!</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    My wish list…

- Subtle hints or nods to their cartoon counterparts are welcome, but they should be kept to a minimum as I would like the movie to stand on it’s own two feet and not only rely solely on “Oh yeah, I remember that from the cartoon… cool!” moments to keep your interest.

- Give the D-Cons some personalities. Let’s see them interact with one another.

- Don’t zoom in too closely during the action! It was difficult at times to make out what was happening when all you see are pieces of metal flailing around.

- If Sector 7 does come around again, and if John Turturro reprises his role, please keep the “goofy-ness” to a minimum. At times Mr. Turrurro shined, and at others he seemed like a cartoon character.

- Let the focus, overall, be on the ‘bots and their struggle.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  14. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena <b><font color=red>CyberCon is #1!</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Double post.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  15. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I just hope Megatron isn't the only one we hear say more then 1 line. For example, Starscream, in the movie he has a GREAT character, if you read the books and comics, you learn that Starscream hates Megatron, wants to take over, and DID for a while. But Starscream hides it, and acts like Megatron's kiss-ass yes man.

But while in the movie, we hear this.

Screamer: I live to serve you Lord Megatron.
    Megs: Where is the cube?
    Screamer: ...The HUMANS have taken it.
    Megs: You fail me yet again Starscream.

I don't know about you, but all I learned was that Starscream can't keep track of things. And I also learned Michael Bay is sick, since he thought it would be an awesome idea to make masturbation jokes in a movie about kids toys, which means mainly KIDS will be seeing it.
    The movie had a lot of potential, I had no problem with character designs, or the main story for that matter. Please, just please leave Michael Bay out and replace him with Steven Speilberg. THEN it will be perfect.

16. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meaningful dialog would be a nice start...

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    You greatly underestimate the increasing maturity of kids these days.

18. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    BULLCRAP! I would SO wanna see a scene like that in TF2. I'd also wanna see Bumblebee getting drunk and go crazy. :p 

But, as for characterization, well...the first movie had DECENT characterization for the Transformers themselves, at least we knew the basics about them. But I wanna see more characterization on all the Transformers. Maybe Bumblebee will have a flashback of the war on Cybertron, maybe one of his friends getting killed right in front of his own optics.

19. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Id like to see Ironhide killed.

TF2 needs to figure out a way to faze the humans out of the mix. The voice actors should be the STARS!! Get some celebrity voice acting then they would have to pay attention to the actual Transformers. Not anyone too popular just some actors we have seen and heard before. Like Darius McCray was a good pick. Everyone knows the Urkle show Family Matters. Hugo Weaving was cool to. Just stay away from the TOO BIGS (Brad Pitt, Will Smith, Tom Cruz) type of actors. I don't care where the story goes, I don't care about the actual voices either. Just want to hear more from the Transformers.

Ironhide must die, no matter the cost.

20. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny, I felt the audience engaged a lot with Ironhide in the first film and he's have been a better sacrificial lamb than Jazz. We could see how the loss affects all the Autobots, particularly Prime and Ratchet.