if Tfclub raises the price at each release for the constructicons...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by seali_me, Jun 10, 2011.

?

if TClub raises its price at each release or any release of their bots would you bail

1. yes

65 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. no

31 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I know I do. I don't want to spend that much but I also don't want to wish I had and have him cost $1000+ for the entire bot later which I suspect might happen. I'd have to give up some G1 goodness to get him...grrrr decisions :)  Just glad DOTM is out which I do not collect and Generations is on break pretty much.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

purchasing doubles always takes into account the possibility of recovering the money you used for the first.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Not Scavenger
    Not Hook
    Not Bonecrusher
    Not Mixmaster
    Not Scrapper

all will be the same price.

Then Not Long Haul will cost 3x the price causing fanboys to bitch and write their Hasbro rep.

4. Patto Prime

Patto Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure I've read that it was going to be a month to month release. Cheem the Rup may know. I swear I've heard him say that.

I would probably stick it out if there was a price rise withing reason ie: $20 for not long haul as there is more materials involved. But much more than that would start getting me annoyed.

As for the chest shield, the head and the hands does anyone know if or how these will be stowed in the individual constructicons or will they simply be loose items. I hope they do a chest shield but I can sleep at night if they don't.

Can't wait to get Exgraver. He looks the goods in terms of quality....... Although I have been wrong before (Looks at MP-09 Rodimus the fiddley little bugger ;) ).

5. ian5555

yes I know, just saying I know how he feels. I keep switching back and forth on buying Exgraver even after I bitch about 3rd party pricing. I'm quite the hypocrite.

6. seali_me

its quite a huge purchase for a fake transformer. just thinking ahead of how to recover the money i'll spend on this. i always try to recover my purchases. my udders are ready to be miked.

7. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I bailed once Exgraver went up for pre-order. Everything we've seen of Hercules thus far looks simply amazing. But... I'm not a terribly big fan of the Constructicons and I can't justify spending at least six hundred dollars on this group. I look forward to seeing some amazing pictures here on the boards, though.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If you want to recoup the loses buy two of each. Yes it will sting in the short run but it won't 6-12 months down the line. I (for the first time) will be buying 2 of each. These things look top notch. The way they have The first one posed you can tell the joints are not loose at all.

It will be a risk as with all investments but once we get Devi there are going to be many people that are late to the show and will want it. One thing I know is that there are a lot of Transfans out there with a lot of money and this figure will go for $1200-$1800 (if there are no QC issues) when it becomes only available on the secondary market. Worst case scenerio it will fetch the $600 is originally sold for so no real risk in this investment. At $1200 (which I can see this easily hitting) you will be able to sell your second set and have your first one for free.

This may be a 3rd party item and a fake TRANSFORMER but it is Devastator, the most popular and unique of the combiners. I see this figure as epic as if we were to get 3rd party MP Prime IF one never exisited and it was our first time seeing it.

If you like the figure, like Devastator and can somehow manage to buy this, do so now because I am going to assume the aftermarket demand is going to be high.

Remember, we are going into a new movie and new movies bring in new fans and new fans will eventually get to G1 and Classics and Hercules.

9. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed, he needs the chest piece.

If one of the bots doesn't come with it, I'm sure SOMEONE will give us some kind of upgrade set with it, so I'm not too worried.

10. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    golf clap on that one sir. thats how i think realisticly though it could hit the $2000.00 mark real easy on the secondary market. there will be people willing to buy it.

11. ian5555

I think it might go up in cost but double even triple? Not so sure about that. Then we are talking holy grail type purchases like MIB Fortress Maximus and Black Zarak prices. Guess we will see but it's all going to depend on the reviews. if Exgraver gets amazing reviews then alot of people will jump on board I am sure. It's hard to say thought the individual figures might be awesome and then Hercules is crap. It's a roll of the dice really.

The pre-orders are consistently going down though. BBTS down to 609, TFSource 174 and RK 135. Pretty impressive.

My suggestion if you buy more then 1 go with TFSource. You get $5 off each additional one so around $91 a piece.

12. sh002

sh002 Banned

i'm gonna pass on this. if i was tfclub and was greedy i'd charge $200 or more for the last not-constructicon.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    There are no garuntees, it is like buying stock. But with a lot of knowledge going in about past 3rd party items. In the least you will always get your money back.

And as for people unwilling to pay $100 now? Same thing happened with CC and now those people are paying over double.

Yeah they can do that and make the quick cash grab. But in doing so people will not buy anything from TFC again. I don't see it happening.

14. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    on general principle i would definently bail, tfc not devy is #1 on my 2011 list but i have issues with being taken advantage of and would easily bail and be on a seek and destroy mission for any of tfc management. these mfers should love us by the end and for those who can show proof of the previous 5 should get the 6th one half off on the real

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    city commander has been sold out since what? last october/november...look what it's going for now lol after like 8 months

16. seali_me

keep posting pics of TFclub devy everywhere. your avatar, your sig, show it off of at the cool pics thread then BAM! profit baby. kidding. there's always that certain someone who missed out then BAM profit baby!

17. seali_me

exactly. KACHING!

18. seali_me

if tak/bro finally makes their move on these companies, i agree to this completely 100%. no going around about it.

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I just can't understand all this talk of making money back. The reason to buy one, two or what ever is for the fun of playing with it. It is best to stop thinking of what it is worth.

For me, once I buy it it is worth nothing - because I am not prepared to sell my collection. I have a whole room full of misb Transformers that are worth nothing in that way.

20. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly I wanted to buy this but unless I wanted to knock off a bank or once I get back into customizing and make a shit ton, I'd have to build one for cheaper.