if Tfclub raises the price at each release for the constructicons...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by seali_me, Jun 10, 2011.

?

if TClub raises its price at each release or any release of their bots would you bail

1. yes

65 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. no

31 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

if TClub raises its price at each release or any release of their bots would you bai

would you bail on the bot? that's pretty sneaky on their part. i would immediately.

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    What would be funny is if they kept the price for all of them except the last one, who would cost five times as much. But I don't think they would be such dickheads.

Also the toy discussion forum should be renamed to "TF Club Not-devy discussion. You can talk about other toys maybe."

3. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

I totally think they should do this, especially since they're starting the first one off at $100. :lol 

4. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

I could have sworn a few years ago hasbro stated at one of the botcon panels that they will crack down on 3rd party firgures if they surpassed $100.
    They are at the tip if true.So i doubt they would do that.
    But im constantly medicated so take what i say with a grain of salt.

5. seali_me

my TF budget is FULLY concentrated on this. if tak/bro reads this yes i won't be buying your toys for awhile. i'd even pass on any wreck-gars i see on the road.

price per bot should be the same or less. nothing higher.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think they will but it could happen. If this is as far as TFC wants to go as a company they will, if they do have furture TFs in mind they won't dare. They will lose a ton of f
    potential buyers...burn me once sure I'm in for the ride once I am half was through it. But, I won't be getting on the ride a second time to get burned again.

Funny thing is is that we got a price range. I always took it to mean some figures will be more than others. This is fine cuz I can see the dumptruck costing more to manufature, it is bigger and bulkier and has more engineering. But once people see the higher price they will accuse TFC of price gouging. As I said this next year is going to be the most drama filled year ever with project Hercules.

I'll stick around depending how stupid TFC gets with pricing (which I doubt they will)

We have Hasbro insiders, Takara insiders, iGear insiders, FP insider but no TFC or PE insiders... I am willin gto take on the role of TFC and PE insider....so start pming me TFC and PE lol.

7. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why would they change the price? Retail selling doesn't leave a lot of room to be dickheads just for lulz. If they're smart enough to design a transforming combiner, they're intelligent enough to realize the consequences of manufacturing something priced too high to sell.

8. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Really depends how much and when they raised the price but I would for sure boycott their products for the future.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    No. They won't. That's like them releasing their Reflector set separately and selling 2 of them for £1 and the final one for £70. And no, I woulsn't bail on the set either, there's no point on giving up on something I've already started.

10. seali_me

this. but not a dollar more on my part. already this thing is too expensive.

for a guy who does not normally entertain 3rd party products, i'm adamant about not paying a higher price at each release.

11. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

It's possible if cost factors increase between now and then, but it'd be business suicide for any future projects to do it arbitrarily.

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ITT: Hypothetical things TFClub probably won't do to eff with us.

13. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

...and things that would make the upcoming drama all the more laugh-worthy if only they'd come true. :lol 

14. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

I needed to hear that (was thinking bout changing schools) if im not willing to bail on project Deva then why bail on school. Some wait off track but going to the same place.

15. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think each figure may vary a few dollars. I voted yes because if the second figure goes up 10 and the next 10 more, etc... i'll sell off the the ones i own and be done with it.

16. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

NO and it would be the end of third party purchases for me. It would'nt be TFclub but the online retailers that would do this.

17. seali_me

i don't think automaton would do this nor other retailers.

18. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

you'd be surprised what these companies would do. I dont know automation but I would'nt put it past toyarena, tfsource and maybe even BBTS.

19. seali_me

what if TFclub decides to sell add-ons for this thing to make it even taller? dunno if that would suck or not.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I suppose it's possible one of them might be more expensive if it comes with the the combiner handgun and chest shield. but i'm hoping the accessories will be spread across them all as needed. Perhaps the Wing chest accessory comes with Not-Bonecrusher as he might be a little smaller ?

Someone did point out though that they chest shield could have been made out of the dump trucks trailer bed - but they didn't design it that way so it looks like it will have to be an extra part if he has a chest plate at all (I'm guessing he does as he has the linkages for a chest plate on his torso area).